aberdeen-music

Lunar song for download

Rasputin

Baiting has nothing to do with it' date=' neither does arguing for the sake of it. It's my honest opinion, so why shouldn't it be open for discussion?[/quote']

there's nothing wrong with your opinion being open for discussion but no one was interested in discussing your opinion. hence why you reposted it. it's like a little kid stamping their feet and yelling louder and louder until they get some attention.

there's nothing wrong with your opinion being open for discussion but no one was interested in discussing your opinion. hence why you reposted it. it's like a little kid stamping their feet and yelling louder and louder until they get some attention.

Nah. I decided to take a chance and listen to the mp3 posted since it's a band I'd never heard of, and after I listened to it I felt the need to speak my mind, what's the problem with that?

Surely you aren't suggesting that there's no room for frank discussion of such things, I certainly don't think the feedback forum exists purely so people can either ignore, say they dont like, or do like the material, in that case it may aswell be reduced to a poll. People ought to be allowed to speak their mind and discuss the stuff in more detail. We're all adults afterall, (well some of us) so why is everyone so scared of taking a realistic, adult look at the purpose, motive and value of the art being produced by us artists?

Nah. I decided to take a chance and listen to the mp3 posted since it's a band I'd never heard of' date=' and after I listened to it I felt the need to speak my mind, what's the problem with that?

Surely you aren't suggesting that there's no room for frank discussion of such things, I certainly don't think the feedback forum exists purely so people can either ignore, say they dont like, or do like the material, in that case it may aswell be reduced to a poll. People ought to be allowed to speak their mind and discuss the stuff in more detail. We're all adults afterall, (well some of us) so why is everyone so scared of taking a realistic, adult look at the purpose, motive and value of the art being produced by us artists?[/quote']

you weren't taking an adult look at the purpose or any of that. you weren't even being constructive after your first post. you weren't interested in a discussion at all so don't try and justify you're offensive rant by saying you were trying to start a frank discussion. you stated you didn't like it and gave reasons which rasputin acknowledged. with your statement it was clear the band weren't for you so why should they or their representatives waste time massaging your ego and entertaining your rants just for you to call them dicks and mindless followers of the masses?

there's nothing wrong with adult discussion, frank or otherwise. when you decide to take part in some do let us know.

you weren't taking an adult look at the purpose or any of that. you weren't even being constructive after your first post. you weren't interested in a discussion at all so don't try and justify you're offensive rant by saying you were trying to start a frank discussion. you stated you didn't like it and gave reasons which rasputin acknowledged. with your statement it was clear the band weren't for you so why should they or their representatives waste time massaging your ego and entertaining your rants just for you to call them dicks and mindless followers of the masses?

there's nothing wrong with adult discussion' date=' frank or otherwise. when you decide to take part in some do let us know.[/quote']

I was very much interested in a discussion,which is why I was posting in the first place. The concept of "constructive criticism" does not mean obsequious skirting of the truth to save causing offence. It has nothing to do with me or my ego either and I don't apologise atall for my opinions or my manner, it's just a shame that so many of you are frightened of conceptual arguments about music.

I was very much interested in a discussion' date='which is why I was posting in the first place. The concept of "constructive criticism" does not mean obsequious skirting of the truth to save causing offence. It has nothing to do with me or my ego either and I don't apologise atall for my opinions or my manner, it's just a shame that so many of you are frightened of conceptual arguments about music.[/quote']

i'm not frightened or bothered about having a conceptual argument about music. there's just no point hijacking an honest thread to bemoan a type of music you have no interest in until someone takes you on. get over it.

if you really want a discussion about peoples reasons for making music and the relavence of different musical forms then start your own thread about it and don't attempt to start arguements with those who aren't interested in arguing petty points with you. no matter how flowery your prose you're still just talking shit to hide the fact you're an immature shit stirrer who enjoys winding people up on these boards to inflate your own sense of musical superiority.

i'm not saying you're wrong in your opinions but merely that once you'd stated your opinions you were aggressive in getting those opinions recognised and debated. rasputin acknowledged them straight after you posted them but saw no reason to try to change your opinion or discuss them. that's his personal choice and you shouldn't then barrage him with posts which simply reitirate your initial post while rising in offensiveness. then you have the gall to say he's spitting his dummy by arguing with you when you were the one who instigated the damn thing. grow up!

if you really want a discussion about peoples reasons for making music and the relavence of different musical forms then start your own thread about it and don't attempt to start arguements with those who aren't interested in arguing petty points with you. no matter how flowery your prose you're still just talking shit to hide the fact you're an immature shit stirrer who enjoys winding people up on these boards to inflate your own sense of musical superiority.

Nah' date=' sorry but you are totally wrong. I don't "enjoy winding people up" and I certainly don't set out to cause arguments. If someone gets annoyed because they don't like what I have to say, that's their perogative and has fuck all to do with me, and it certainly has fuck all to do with you. Not that I have anything against you for stating your opinion, albeit in a slightly aggressive manner.

Here's an interesting quote for you:

The notion of a trouble-maker, in particular, is senseless except for a member of the sovereign group, that is to say, for a functionary convinced that the only ontological statute of human multiplicities is other-directed passivity. He controls this passivity in the light of the general interest; and the trouble-maker is an anti-sovereign who controls the same passivity in the light of his individual interest (or some other sectional interest). At this point the leader who is criticising the trouble-maker makes a self-criticism on the back of an Other, that is to say, as Other.