aberdeen-music

Old Spiderman Comics...

Guest Savant

My Spider sense tells me Jonny Lucifer is hurtling towards this thread as fast as his skinny wrists can web him, but here's a summary to get you started meantime...

"Spider-Man found a wondrous new black costume while fighting an epic battle called the Secret Wars.

The costume could respond to his thoughts, take on the appearance of any type of clothing and even produce it's own webbing. The web slinger wore this sleek black costume until he discovered that it was really an alien symbiote that was trying to permanently bond with him. Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four used a sonic blaster to sever the symbiote's connection with the web slinger and trapped it in a special container.

Spidey wore a regular fabric version of this black costume until he had a confrontation with the escaped symbiote and it's new host, Eddie Brock. Together they called themselves VENOM. After narrowly defeating Venom, Spider-Man went back to wearing his traditional red and blue costume, so he wouldn't be reminded of his greatest enemy."

The first appearence of the black costume (that I am aware of, I may be wrong) was in the Secret Wars series. Spider-man returned after he and a large number of both Marvel Heroes and Villains were transported to an alien planet to fight in "The Ultimate Batte Between Good and Evil". At first he kept the costume as it appeared to react to his instincts and create its own webbing- allowing him to disgard his web shooters. He rejected it after he realised that the suit a was a living symbiote trying to take over his mind and body. Venom was created after Eddie Brock - himself feeling humiliated by Spider-man- was preparing to attempt suicde, and went to church to ask for forgivenss for his future sin. It was here the symbiote joined with Brock, and the extremely unstable pairtook the name "Venom" ( a reference to the type of news stories Brock was forced to wright to earn a living after Spider-man ruined one of his stories) and vowed revenge.

Carnage was also born out of a symbiotic relationship. In this case, the alien symbiote was actually the offspring of the Venom symbiote and Carnage was born when it merged with convicted serial killer Cletus Kassidy.

Random Geek Fact: Venom alsways uses the tern "We" to describe himself- considering himself to still be two seperate entities (Brock and the Alien). Whereas as Carnage uses "I", and belives himself to be one entity

Guest pop-notmyface

marvel heroes and villains story intertwine all the time, which makes it interesting, but expensive for the ones who buy them (but it's really just a thing for "hardcore comic geeks" who don't want to miss out on any detail of their heroes).

The first appearence of the black costume (that I am aware of' date=' I may be wrong) was in the Secret Wars series. Spider-man returned after he and a large number of both Marvel Heroes and Villains were transported to an alien planet to fight in "The Ultimate Batte Between Good and Evil". At first he kept the costume as it appeared to react to his instincts and create its own webbing- allowing him to disgard his web shooters. He rejected it after he realised that the suit a was a living symbiote trying to take over his mind and body. Venom was created after Eddie Brock - himself feeling humiliated by Spider-man- was preparing to attempt suicde, and went to church to ask for forgivenss for his future sin. It was here the symbiote joined with Brock, and the extremely unstable pairtook the name "Venom" ( a reference to the type of news stories Brock was forced to wright to earn a living after Spider-man ruined one of his stories) and vowed revenge.

Carnage was also born out of a symbiotic relationship. In this case, the alien symbiote was actually the offspring of the Venom symbiote and Carnage was born when it merged with convicted serial killer Cletus Kassidy.

Random Geek Fact: Venom alsways uses the tern "We" to describe himself- considering himself to still be two seperate entities (Brock and the Alien). Whereas as Carnage uses "I", and belives himself to be one entity[/quote']

/\ What he said!

I have the first appearance of Carnage with the silver-embossed cover. And when Spidey gets rid of the Alein symbiote in the bell tower (it's ace). Score!