aberdeen-music

Rock Karaoke

Guest MoshuluSarah

Guest MoshuluSarah

Hey Guys, I thought it was about time i caught up with new age technology and registered on AUBL! So here i am with my very first post ever :)

Monday nights at Henry J' Beans have started up now, so here's the info:

Acoustic night 'Resonance' has been going for two weeks now and has been a great success. It's on every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month. The evening has three local acoustic acts and mellow interludes provided by DJ Lex Loafer. All artists names are displayed in Beans in advance, so come down and check out who's playing and when.

And now, every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month, we have Rock Karaoke. Come along and sing to your favourite rock songs, both old and new :) We've got everything from ACDC, Pearl Jam, Disturbed, Def Leppard, Audioslave, Good Charlotte, Staind, Eric Clapton, Puddle of Mudd, Papa Roach, Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, Queen, Incubus, to Foo Fighters and many more!

The most entertaining artist wins a FREE CASE OF BEER.

Our opening night for Rock Karaoke is on Monday 1st September.

Guest MoshuluSarah

You have to come along then! If you get drunk and go up and sing, then who knows, you might win. Then you get a free case of beer to get even more drunk with!

Plus, if no one goes up to sing, it means i have to serenade you all. That may be a bad thing, cause no-one likes to hear a cat being strangled on stage :O

Guest MoshuluSarah

AH the burberry fellow, he was amazing. His big belly swaying to the music, his eratic air guitar and 'rock' hands. :rockon:

To say the least, he was good, and went away to loud cheers with a crate of beer tucked under his arm.

I'll give two crates of beer to the person that can outdo that performance :up:

Cheers to everyone who came along.

Sarah

Guest MoshuluSarah

I guess it all depends on whether 'she' had a belly swaying in time to the music, could do air guitar and 'rock' hands, all while singing to the music.

Oh, and who could forget the ripping off of the burberry shirt!

I guess i couldn't judge it till i saw it :O

Sarah

Guest MoshuluSarah

Due to the success of our opening night of Rock Karaoke, the night is to be weekly instead of fortnightly.

This means it has moved to a Wednesday night in Henry J' Beans. Still starting at 8pm with that all important 'FREE BEER'

Monday nights, 2nd & 4th of the month are still 'Resonance' the acoustic night. But Rock Karaoke will no longer be on the alternate Mondays.

This means, we have a slot free for those Mondays. I was thinking about a DJ playing acoustic/mellow music and maybe some guitar solos by Lex Loafer, our 'Resonance' front man. :band:

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know.

See you guys there :D