aberdeen-music

zsnes (snes emulator)

haigyman

does anyone have zsnes (must be the latest version 1.42, get it here) and would they be interested in playing the following games over the internet in a "tournament" or "league" format:

streetfighter II (no bloody "super" or "turbo")

super mario kart

super bomberman 3 (netplay is only 2 player though, even on 4/5 player titles)

obviously you need to own the original games for your snes for this all to be legal.

i also wouldn't mind someone to play through seiken densetsu 3 with (but bear in mind i have no idea what i'm doing in it).

I challenge you all to a game of mortal kombat 3 !

punchpunchpunchpunchpunchpunchtripupuppercutkickpunchpunchpunchpunchpunchpunchtripupuppercutkick etc. etc.

MK can be fun but it's a button mashing game.

While on the subject of emulation online play, does anyone have Kawaks? Marvel Vs Capcom or King of Fighters 2002 is the shizz

Hang on' date=' so you can play these games [i']online with ZSNES?

:love:

Yep. Go the the 'netplay' on the top menu bar of the emulator. All you have to do is make sure you are using the correct port and have a server/friend's IP.

how do you get games for it?

You download ROM files of the game. These ROM files are used by the emulator in order for you to play the game. However' date=' since ROMS are illegal unless you own the game (i.e the snes cartridge), ROM links may be against forum rules. If not, try this site:

http://www.romnation.net

snes2gl.jpg

any ideas?

and another thing does anyone else have spazzy issues with there emulator and can anyone set there control pad up :swearing: :swearing: :swearing: :swearing:

It's really easy to set your joypad up. Go to Input#1' date=' then go to 'Set Keys'. A small wizard pops up and asks you to input the key for Up, Down Left, Right, etc., so press the button on your joypad that you want to assign the SNES controller button to.

I'm not sure if it's different with PC joypads, as I use a USB adapter that allows you to use an N64 and/or Playstation controller as a pc joypad.

Oh, and by the way JaseyBoi, that screenshot is from [b']Snes 9X, which is a different emulator from ZSNES. Personally I think 9X is quite shit compared to ZSNES. The only thing that it's good for is OpenGL/3DFX graphics card support.