aberdeen-music

That Space programme thingy on Ch4

Hog

i was wondering why there wasnt a thread yet on this

how retarded!!! i supose if you arent a scientist you could possible be persuaded that anti gravity works

edit - ive realised that anit-gravity would be no gravity.... i meant artificial gravity thingy - like the person further down said. call be thick if you want but i did get an A at advanced physics.

Seems to me they deliberately picked less than astute folks for this programme. Well, i guess they had to really. Some of it has been quite amusing; ie the stuffed space monkey and the guy wanting to "test" out his spacesuit nappy.

But, apparently, after their ordeal, they get 5 grand each and a trip up outside our atmosphere for some real zero gravity japery, so i guess they at least, will have a decent experience and a good christmas/new year to boot. After being made to look like twits on national tv, i think they probably deserve it:)

I wouldn't say they are gullable, it's not as if it's a completely rediculous idea (putting people in space). I read that the people they got had a more active imagination as opposed to being 'stupid'. I would believe some of the stuff, especially if you thought the company were affiliated with the government or NASA.

And remember, there's gravity on all sci-fi ships on TV.

Guest tv tanned
i think it would have been better if the "actor" got fooled' date=' and he actually was in outer space...[/quote']

and then decided to prove it was all fake by opening the door and... icky.

Well it's not really space is it?!

I like it though, I love all the little things like the fact that their space suits are called LOL and EVA and that the steps for carrying out experiments are things that spell PRAT. To be fair to the people on it, their training (80%) of which has been true has decreased their expectations of what space is actually like so that they now believe most things they are told.

I can't believe that when they're running around outside doing exercise that they don't realise that Russia is freezing, far far colder than Ipswich.