aberdeen-music

JIM BOB, UK acoustic tour and book reading...

Dizzy Storm

yes, ex Carter USM singer JIM BOB will be appearing at the good Doc's in May as part of his UK tour... playing a mix of solo material and old Carter classics...

he'll also be reading extracts from his Carter autobiography 'GOODNIGHT JIM BOB - On The Road With Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine' which will be in the shops in June...

he'll also be signing and selling special advance copies of the book on the tour.

SAT 22ND MAY

TICKETS 5 (will be on sale soonish!!)

Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

you can fight over it!! hehe...

or you could just share it?!

sharon

ps spread the word alun... ;)

Oooh, fear ye not - The word shall be spread for miles around ;)

Would actually be ace to DJ with Ross for that, we could even drag out our authentic greebo era t-shirts and not wash for a fortnight before hand.

Hah! Good old jimbob. We saw him at 13th note last october, he was brill, and i'm not even a carter fan! he did the intimate acoustic thing very well, was very funny, but also very sincere. this should be a hoot! scott'll cream his pants, he's like carter crazy!

and when in the 13th note, he did play prince in a pauper's grave, sherrif fatman, granny farming in the uk, and i think he even played GI Blues. when i said i wasn't carter fan, i mean, i just don't own any records by 'em...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

support for this tour comes from CHRIS TT www.christt.com

here's a few press quotes on his new album...

Chris T-T album 'London Is Sinking' out now:

SUNDAY TIMES 'Top 5 Album Of The Year' -

"intricate masterpieces... utterly indispensable...

a modern-day Blake"

NME 8/10 - "a folk wonder... funny, touching and smart"

THE GUARDIAN 4 stars - "genius songwriting"

TIME OUT 'Critics Choice' - "the joy of Flaming Lips

and the humanity of Ray Davies"

JACK OSBOURNE in KERRANG! - "Chris T-T's an idiot!"

Originally posted by nullmouse:

Oooh, fear ye not - The word shall be spread for miles around ;)

Would actually be ace to DJ with Ross for that, we could even drag out our authentic greebo era t-shirts and not wash for a fortnight before hand.

you gonna play some ol'classics? how bout inspiral carpets "saturn 5" :p or the farm

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

you twat!

Yeah i know....

I was waiting to see it in the calender..... I remembered mid week that it was soon

Although then it kinda flew out of my head when bands stareted arriving on Thursday night....

Sharon... my flat has a new record...... 10 people, a plant and a traffic cone in it...Tardis is the word....

Originally posted by Ross:

Yeah i know....

I was waiting to see it in the calender..... I remembered mid week that it was soon

Although then it kinda flew out of my head when bands stareted arriving on Thursday night....

Sharon... my flat has a new record...... 10 people, a plant and a traffic cone in it...Tardis is the word....

hey i text you about half 10 about the gig...when i remembered you should have bewn there!

sharon