aberdeen-music

JIM BOB, UK acoustic tour and book reading...

Dizzy Storm

just got emailed this - JIM BOB DIARY PART 2

MAY 19

Exeter Cavern: A real family gig this one, spotted in the audience: Carter manager and new Devonite Adrian Boss, my sister and birthday girl Becca, 2 brothers in law, 1 nephew, my girlfriend's sister's daughter, Chris T-T's mum. Had a nice sunshine pint by the cathedral. Fairly nervy gig for me, made a few more mistakes than usual in my attempts at reading my own words out loud.

MAY 20

Leeds Joseph's Well: Aside from the ever fantastic Chris T-T there was another Chris on the bill tonight. Chris Catalyst, a Leeds punk singer with tremendous sideburns, or sideboards as I used to call them when I was a kid. Joining Chris (Catalyst) on stage for one song was the most Northern man I've ever seen in my life who turned out to be Dead Pets singer/cum orchestra conductor in Channel 4's 'Faking It'. Best gig of the tour for me so far. The crowd even sung the fiddly bits of strings from the Carter records.

MAY 21

Glasgow 13th Note: And then it got better. Maybe Brendan (venue boss and drummer from The Teenage Fannies) re-painting the entire venue just before doors opened had something to do with the excellent atmos, I was definitely off my jugs on paint fumes, or as I hilariously put it on the night, "overcome with emulsion". Sold out gig, my 3 favourite words.

MAY 22

Aberdeen Dr Drakes: A gig that I presumed wrongly was named after Joey's 'Days Of Our Lives' character in 'Friends'. A lot quieter than the previous night's bonkers craziness, but a lovely audience and worth the 12 hour drive home just for uber roadie Mr. Spoons' Gary Numan impression, we're thinking on entering him for 'Stars In Their Eyes'. (Guest driver: Sue Spoons)