aberdeen-music

Ichi the Killer

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Wow. Pretty fucking insane. I have also just bought the anime and watched the first half hour. So, who likes the movie and who thinks it's shite?

My favourite scenes were the initial flipping of the light switch, and the bit where the slut tries to act like a masochist which backfires when Ichi slices her up, thinking that she enjoys it, even though she's acting helpless. Good thing too, because she was getting me pretty hot and bothered. Even though she was talking about getting her legs cut off and stuff, I guess it was the tone of her voice and also looking at her that really did it for me.

Wow. Pretty fucking insane. I have also just bought the anime and watched the first half hour. So' date=' who likes the movie and who thinks it's shite?

My favourite scenes were the initial flipping of the light switch, and the bit where the slut tries to act like a masochist which backfires when Ichi slices her up, thinking that she enjoys it, even though she's acting helpless. Good thing too, because she was getting me pretty hot and bothered. Even though she was talking about getting her legs cut off and stuff, I guess it was the tone of her voice and also looking at her that really did it for me.[/quote']

Have you seen the prequel movie? It's fucking awesome, perhaps even better than the first one.

Ichi the Killer is a masterpiece in my eyes - my favourite Miike title and one of my favourite JPN movies. Did you watch the uncut version?

The UK version is heavily censored. You need to import the US or Dutch version for a fully uncut version with English subtitles (the Dutch version has better picture quality).

Ichi the Killer was meant to be an anime series but got cancelled after the first episode (which is available on DVD now). Not sure why as I really enjoyed the first instalment.

Ichi-1 (the prequel to Ichi the Killer) is shite. Absolutely disappointing, lacks narrative focus, not to mention the visual flare that Miike usually exhibits in his titles. To suggest that it's better than Ichi the Killer is insulting... but each to their own.

Around three or four minutes have been reframed/removed. Namely the prostitute beating scenes as the BBFC greatly oppose the glorifying of harming women (which was never the film's intent).

The audio commentary has film expert Bey Logan wincing at certain chapters. This is confusing to the viewer as the shots have been reframed to keep the violence off screen.

I think it's good, but having only watched it at the start of the year, and having heard about it for a good while before, I was slightly dissapointed. It's a good film, but did not live up to the hype that had generated about it. The violence is pure cartoon, and it's nowhere near the sickest film ever, as some people had been talking it up as.

Yeah the anime version explained everything that the film didn't explain.

Like when he kept getting an erection over dissecting the frog and his dad beating his mum while they were at it.

I really enjoyed this film and the anime version of the film.

I want that suit he wears makes him look like a psychoherokiller

i've been pacing around that dvd for quite a while now deciding whether to buy it or not.

For anyone in the same situation as the this guy... please check out the trailer:

Trailer

If you haven't bought the movie within the next 24 hours then there's something seriously wrong with you (or you're broke).

And make sure you buy the uncut version. UK version is censored (sorry to repeat myself but I don't think people are understanding how badly censored the film is over here).

Wow. Pretty fucking insane. I have also just bought the anime and watched the first half hour. So' date=' who likes the movie and who thinks it's shite?

My favourite scenes were the initial flipping of the light switch, and the bit where the slut tries to act like a masochist which backfires when Ichi slices her up, thinking that she enjoys it, even though she's acting helpless. Good thing too, because she was getting me pretty hot and bothered. Even though she was talking about getting her legs cut off and stuff, I guess it was the tone of her voice and also looking at her that really did it for me.[/quote']

do you mean the anime prequel? not that good like!!!! check out irreversible really fucked up french film thats back to front. tetsuo 1+2 are good too don't watch when drunk tho as you may puke up. Gozu is cool infact anything by Miike Takashi is worth watching. Check out the story of Ricky AKA Riki O aswell if you get the chance. brutal kung fu film