aberdeen-music

annuncement

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

yeah i know.

technical problem.

i need to transfer the domain from my present provider to my own, bt, because the one i hosted the site on requires that you can only upload any contents if it (freeola) is the provider. but bt has a way better deal for broadband, and had it for so much longer. i'm not going to change that. so, if everything goes right, it might be up sometime this evening. no promises though...

So can we not just be told what the fuck its all about? it is now the 22nd.......

It is a fansite, for a band that split-up almost two years ago. I think it is a completely pointless endeavour, and I can only justify it as an enthusiastic fan's personal hobby, or project. I fail to understand why it needs to be promoted with a teaser campaign: no one cares, and it has only ended up misleading people into believing it is something more than a website.

I can imagine it is flattering that someone could still care about some shitty local band, especially considering that a considerable time has passed since the band moved on; but I really wish people would leave it all in the past - it is embarrassing. Why not focus on what the members are doing now, that is if they are doing anything music related.

Edgar Prais.

It is a fansite' date=' for a band that split-up almost two years ago. I think it is a completely pointless endeavour, and I can only justify it as an enthusiastic fan's personal hobby, or project. I fail to understand why it needs to be promoted with a teaser campaign: no one cares, and it has only ended up misleading people into believing it is something more than a website.

I can imagine it is flattering that someone could still care about some shitty local band, especially considering that a considerable time has passed since the band moved on; but I really wish people would leave it all in the past - it is embarrassing. Why not focus on what the members are doing now, that is if they are doing anything music related.

Edgar Prais.[/quote']

I hear tell that this "shitty local band" could have done quite well with the right management....!

Guest pop-notmyface
It is a fansite' date=' for a band that split-up almost two years ago. I think it is a completely pointless endeavour, and I can only justify it as an enthusiastic fan's personal hobby, or project. I fail to understand why it needs to be promoted with a teaser campaign: no one cares, and it has only ended up misleading people into believing it is something more than a website.

Edgar Prais.[/quote']

it needs a teaser campaign because this "shitty local band" was one of the few who had a lasting influence on the scene. great songs never die you know.

and go tell all those kids who are still getting into Nirvana (or any other disbanded group) how pointless their endevour is.

i'll see if the site can be uploaded tonight, i'm still fighting those bloody technical problems.

PS: it is more than a website.