aberdeen-music

NOXAGT + Kevin Blechdom + Planning to Rock

Dizzy Storm

arkade projects & interesting music promotions are very proud to announce another

evening of the finest contemporary cross-over entertainment under one roof

featuring

NOXAGT (Load Records)

Kevin Blechdom (Chicks on Speed)

Planning To Rock (Twisted Nerve/Roston)

Saturday 15th October

Peacock Visual Arts,

Aberdeen. Phone (01224) 627094

Doors 8pm

Entry 6

Come early

NOXAGT

Hailing from Norway, Noxagt have come to burn your dirty soul. Three piece in the bass, guitar, and drums format. Their records are pummeling masterpieces. Songs that breathe through their mouth very loudly. Noxagt is at the forefront of the Nor-Wave movement that takes cues from the American wrecking units like LIGHTNING BOLT and PINK AND BROWN and adds a distinctly Norwegian heavy slant. NOXAGT's music emphasises a heavy and powerful rhythm section, with a massive downtuned bass guitar and crushing, often shifting drums. The droning viola of Nils Erga has now been substituted for the experimental guitar playing of Anders Hana. Anders is also a member of Jaga Jazzist, Ultralyd and Morthana. His roots are in free improvisation and his resum includes performances with Trevor Dunn (Fantomas), Paal Nilssen-Love and Mats Gustafsson. NOXAGT is for fans of hard rock and swinging unconventional riffage, dirty crawl such as the MELVINS, and single minded pummel like label-mates/touring partners LIGHTNING BOLT.

www.noxagt.com

KEVIN BLECHDOM (Chicks on Speed)

In a world of electronic music where laptop performers' movements culminate in the occasional squeeze of a mouse button, KEVIN BLECHDOM (aka Kristen Erickson) is a graceless, bouncing monstrosity. Forgoing academic sterility (of which she knows plenty) in favour of bright irreverence, she toys fearlessly with cartoon effects, fingerpicking banjo and power balladery in deliberately accomplished "bad" songs. Crude, theatrical and delusional, she's a psycho-sexual balloon-head with a laptop, a keyboard, a banjo, and songs from the heart. All of which may obscure the fact that US born KEVIN BLECHDOM is one of the most gifted producers in electronic music today. Latest album "Eat My Heart Out" (2005) is an autobiographical musical story about love in which Kevin takes a vulnerable head-first dive into the contradictions and desparation of human emotion. It's a dense musical journey of contrasting styles, surprises, and heartache, tragic ballades, pirate shanties, self-help anthems, and hillbilly torch songs (recorded on laughing gas). Blechdom is a singular musical personality right up there with MIKE PATTON, PEACHES, or DREW DANIEL (MATMOS/SOFT PINK TRUTH), at once miles off the radar and addictively accessible.

www.kevyb.com

www.chicksonspeed-records.com

PLANNINGTOROCK (Twisted Nerve/Roston)

Berlin based one woman band and video artist Janine Rostron. She performs together with her band of symmetrical make-believe characters, which are projected on and about her as she unleashes wild, Kate Bush influenced vocals. She collaborates regularly with fellow Berliners KEVIN BLECHDOM and MOCKY and also runs her own label Rostron Records.

www.rostronrecords.net

• 3 weeks later...
arkade projects & interesting music promotions are very proud to announce another

evening of the finest contemporary cross-over entertainment under one roof

featuring

NOXAGT (Load Records)

Kevin Blechdom (Chicks on Speed)

Planning To Rock (Twisted Nerve/Roston)

Saturday 15th October

The Tunnels

Aberdeen. Phone (01224) 211121

Doors 7.45pm

Entry 6

Come early

NOXAGT

Hailing from Norway' date=' Noxagt have come to burn your dirty soul. Three piece in the bass, guitar, and drums format. Their records are pummeling masterpieces. Songs that breathe through their mouth very loudly. Noxagt is at the forefront of the Nor-Wave movement that takes cues from the American wrecking units like LIGHTNING BOLT and PINK AND BROWN and adds a distinctly Norwegian heavy slant. NOXAGT's music emphasises a heavy and powerful rhythm section, with a massive downtuned bass guitar and crushing, often shifting drums. The droning viola of Nils Erga has now been substituted for the experimental guitar playing of Anders Hana. Anders is also a member of Jaga Jazzist, Ultralyd and Morthana. His roots are in free improvisation and his resum includes performances with Trevor Dunn (Fantomas), Paal Nilssen-Love and Mats Gustafsson. NOXAGT is for fans of hard rock and swinging unconventional riffage, dirty crawl such as the MELVINS, and single minded pummel like label-mates/touring partners LIGHTNING BOLT.

[url']www.noxagt.com

KEVIN BLECHDOM (Chicks on Speed)

In a world of electronic music where laptop performers' movements culminate in the occasional squeeze of a mouse button, KEVIN BLECHDOM (aka Kristen Erickson) is a graceless, bouncing monstrosity. Forgoing academic sterility (of which she knows plenty) in favour of bright irreverence, she toys fearlessly with cartoon effects, fingerpicking banjo and power balladery in deliberately accomplished "bad" songs. Crude, theatrical and delusional, she's a psycho-sexual balloon-head with a laptop, a keyboard, a banjo, and songs from the heart. All of which may obscure the fact that US born KEVIN BLECHDOM is one of the most gifted producers in electronic music today. Latest album "Eat My Heart Out" (2005) is an autobiographical musical story about love in which Kevin takes a vulnerable head-first dive into the contradictions and desparation of human emotion. It's a dense musical journey of contrasting styles, surprises, and heartache, tragic ballades, pirate shanties, self-help anthems, and hillbilly torch songs (recorded on laughing gas). Blechdom is a singular musical personality right up there with MIKE PATTON, PEACHES, or DREW DANIEL (MATMOS/SOFT PINK TRUTH), at once miles off the radar and addictively accessible.

www.kevyb.com

www.chicksonspeed-records.com

PLANNINGTOROCK (Twisted Nerve/Roston)

Berlin based one woman band and video artist Janine Rostron. She performs together with her band of symmetrical make-believe characters, which are projected on and about her as she unleashes wild, Kate Bush influenced vocals. She collaborates regularly with fellow Berliners KEVIN BLECHDOM and MOCKY and also runs her own label Rostron Records.

www.rostronrecords.net

Please note change of venue:-

The Tunnels

Doors 7.45pm

Come Early

Early Start

Guest Page 99

NOXAGT were fucking awsome, honestly one of the most mesmerising bands i've seen in a while.

The support lot, don't quite remember their names were bizzare beyond words, honestly the most bizzare thing i've seen/heard in music.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Noxagt's opening song was so intensely bassy last night that I took a drink of my half full bottle of Budvar and had to wipe some of it off my face as the contents fizzed up instantly!

I also almost shit my pants from the frequency, but after a lengthy fart, seriously enjoyed the gig.

Both acts were fantastic and highly entertaining!

First band: One of the strangest acts i've ever seen. A mixture of country, rap, hardcore, x-factor audition, theatre, musical, comedy and pretentious art. Started off badly but ended up being incredibly enjoyable, some ultra-surreal moments but still enjoyable. Will definately be checking their CD's out.

Second band: Assuming this was Noxagt, failed to impress in the slightest. All i could think of was my music teacher telling me 'you don't have to feel the music to enjoy it'. Anyone with a mid-level understanding of musical concepts (even if it's just time signatures) and loud amps could do it. Saying that, i am looking forward to seeing the Freestyle Jazz thing at the Blue Lamp.

loved Noxagt....yup was certainly loud...but NOT uncomfortable, excruciating, piercing...scott knew what he was doing (my ears were certainly not any different on sunday!) and it did say clearly in their details under 'VOLUME'...'Noxagt make loud music. by booking them you are aware of this fact. we can-not accept that any restrictions are made to the band in this concern...also...the band's FOH sound engineer has to be in full control at all times...''

will say no more....!

(apart from the guys had a great time in aberdeen and a great time sampling lots of whisky and beer in a couple of aberdeen establishments after the gig!)

loved Noxagt....yup was certainly loud...but NOT uncomfortable' date=' excruciating, piercing...scott knew what he was doing (my ears were certainly not any different on sunday!) and it did say clearly in their details under 'VOLUME'...[b']'Noxagt make loud music. by booking them you are aware of this fact. we can-not accept that any restrictions are made to the band in this concern...also...the band's FOH sound engineer has to be in full control at all times...''

will say no more....!

(apart from the guys had a great time in aberdeen and a great time sampling lots of whisky and beer in a couple of aberdeen establishments after the gig!)

My head hurt more from the visit to Ma's and Estaminet & the beers & whisky yesterday morning rather than the volume.

First two also failed to impress me' date=' there's experimental and there's......dunno.

Noxagt were just one long introduction to nothing, also failed to impress. Ah well it was interesting and made a change from the usual Aberdeen stuff.[/quote']

fair do's...and wetotally understand its not everyone's cup of tea! but thanks for coming along and supporting us/trying out something different anyway :)

loved Noxagt....yup was certainly loud...but NOT uncomfortable' date=' excruciating, piercing...scott knew what he was doing (my ears were certainly not any different on sunday!) and it did say clearly in their details under 'VOLUME'...[b']'Noxagt make loud music. by booking them you are aware of this fact. we can-not accept that any restrictions are made to the band in this concern...also...the band's FOH sound engineer has to be in full control at all times...''

will say no more....!

Norwegian noise band plays at loud volume shocker - should this be an Evening Express headline?

I had a sore head yesterday but only because of the alcohol consumed. My ears have been worse after a dance around in O'Neills.

I enjoyed all the acts on Saturday - Noxagt are a great live band. Acid Mothers Temple meets MBV Loveless via The Melvins...

The thow away 80s pop pastiche of Planning to Rock and Kevin split the audience but certainly put on a show. A strange aroma of Frank Zappa and Jason Forrest.

Dave

fair do's...and wetotally understand its not everyone's cup of tea! but thanks for coming along and supporting us/trying out something different anyway :)
Ah no problem it was still fun and entertaining (the balloons!). I'm a fan of artists such as Merzbow, Converter, Einsturzende Neubauten and lately I've been looking into different types of experimental music so I'll be sure to look out for future events. :)

just a note to say that NOXAGT stated that aberdeen was the "highlight of the tour by a long long way" and that they are looking forward to returning in april time with a new record

they wanted to thank everyone for making them feel so welcome and for showing them a great night on saturday.

the glasgow show last night was also superb with many well known faces from the scottish scene in attendance.

as previously stated Anders (Jaga Jazzist, NOXAGT, ultralyd) will be returning in November with the superb MORTHANA.

now, some sleep please :D

There wouldn't be any boundaries getting 'shoved slightly' if there wasn't a little amount of miffedness from some sources now would there...? I think I wrote something to that effect in the Arkade 'Manifesto'...

Earplugs should be, and are legally meant to be (not absolute fact) supplied to all members of staff in any live music venue! What with the growing litigious society we live in... Christ! All the staff from Drakes would be partially deaf if I hadn't bought earplugs...

The Tunnels is a loud room and all the better for it!

:D