aberdeen-music

New track for you

Stripey

yes because of the fact that you had pro engineers and techs with 35 years experience apeice

and a professional singer who once filled in for aretha franklin in a tour in '89. im shocked

I dont see anything wrong with what I said, the vocals don't quite fit (the tune has been fit around the vocals and the timings slightly off at points) and would need to be rerecorded for a proper release. The ending thing is a personal opinion.

Cheers

Stuart

I think the timing is fine. Deliberatley loose atmospheric narrative and it works well for the track. Not sure why anyone would want to stick there music up here for critique though... No self belief and peer feedback required for affirmation...? Write' date=' rehearse, play gigs... Each to their own though...[/quote']

Surely the point is that people can then give some ideas on what they feel work to improve a track, asthese are only demoes there is room for improvement, and sometimes the person writing the track will agree and sometimes they wont, but it'as nice to see what people think.

Cheers

Stuart

Not sure why anyone would want to stick there music up here for critique though...

its a subtle(and sometimes not so subtle) and great way to make cheap jibes and insults towards people you dont like, in the name of 'constructive criticism'.giving someone a dead arm doesnt hurt that much but if you kick their cat to death they wont like it, one bit.they might pretend its fine, but deep down, when they bury poor moggy in the back garden, they will have a secret cry and swear revenge.possibly.i used to do AUBL gig reviews, often about gigs i didnt even go to, based on how i felt about the people in the bands, not the music.what a scumbag.

But there is something in the adage... 'Never show a fool or a child a job half finished'

I just find it odd is all...

J

P.S.

Please feel free to critique my spelling and lack of typing ability that I regularly put up here for public scrutiny... cheeesh... I want a spell check on these boards :D

yeah, i agree.i've made a few posts about that over the years.

But there is something in the adage... 'Never show a fool or a child a job half finished'

I just find it odd is all...

J

P.S.

Please feel free to critique my spelling and lack of typing ability that I regularly put up here for public scrutiny... cheeesh... I want a spell check on these boards :D

sorry, i'd love to help, but i got laid off

I think the timing is fine. Deliberatley loose atmospheric narrative and it works well for the track. Not sure why anyone would want to stick there music up here for critique though... No self belief and peer feedback required for affirmation...? Write' date=' rehearse, play gigs... Each to their own though...[/quote']

Well, I just write, when it's finished that's it, I've got a finished recording. No need to rehearse anything because it's never intended to be "performed", therefore there is no gigging either. What better thing to do than post it on the internet in various places?

I would usually only post finished tracks, but these 2 vocal tracks are an exception.

its a subtle(and sometimes not so subtle) and great way to make cheap jibes and insults towards people you dont like' date=' in the name of 'constructive criticism'.giving someone a dead arm doesnt hurt that much but if you kick their cat to death they wont like it, one bit.they might pretend its fine, but deep down, when they bury poor moggy in the back garden, they will have a secret cry and swear revenge.possibly.i used to do AUBL gig reviews, often about gigs i didnt even go to, based on how i felt about the people in the bands, not the music.what a scumbag.[/quote']

i love the way you post.