aberdeen-music

...the return of GATECHIEN (france) to aberdeen!!!

Dizzy Storm

...yup, the crazy frenchmen are returning to the UK in October!! woop! this time round playing dates from London to Inverness, with each show shaping up to be awesome it seems..great line ups...including Aberdeen! a very eclectic bill..!

arkade projects and interesting music promotions are joining forces to bring you the following very special line up... (in no particular order, running order etc tbc)

GATECHIEN (bass & drums duo from france)

"Gtechien's music is raw, stark and harshly compelling. Bassist/singer Laurent Paradot torturously carves out leads while spewing agonized grunts, groans and syllables that don't sound like words in any language, or occasionally humming along with his own bass parts. Drummer Florian Belaud's complex beats make up in energy for what they sometimes lack in precision; he and Paradot have enough rapport that a third band member would be unnecessary. The songs are disjointed in structure but flow intriguingly from one dark melody to another. If they were more polished or polite, Gtechien might be just another math-rock band, noteworthy only for their lack of guitar - but the brutal vocal antics alone would keep them from putting anyone to sleep. For an overall impression of Gtechien, a bad translation of one opinion about the duo is quite apt: "This group is likely to put a good slap to you". " Splendidezine (USA)

www.gatechien.tk www.myspace.com/gatechien

THOMAS TRUAX

Thomas Truax (pronounced troo-aks) is a New York City based singer/songwriter who performs with mechanical sound sculptures like his Sister Spinster and Cadillac Beatspinner Wheel and instruments which he builds himself out of found objects and spare parts (such as the Hornicator), as well as with more standard gear like the venerable guitar. He is an illegitimate son of Screamin' Jay Hawkins and a mad scientist of experimental music with a history as a stop-motion animator. His carefully crafted songs range from dark, romantic lullabies to lively rock melodrama

www.thomastruax.com

LE RENO AMPS

i really dont think scott and al need any introduction by now..!..but in case you're not familiar then go check them and their music out at www.lerenoamps.com . we :love: LRA!!

ELEPHANT MICAH

Elephant Micah is Joe O'Connell, a home recordist who plays modest songs in a wash of reverb with a surprisingly small array of instruments considering the variety found in this collection of songs. Originally compiled in 2002 and released in a ridiculously small edition of 52 CD-Rs, The Untied States of Elephant Micah is an odds-and-ends collection of songs that were, as O'Connell put it, "taking up too much space in my brain." O'Connell has one of those beautiful voices that commands attention while somehow remaining soft and effortless, much like the music that accompanies it. A comparison could be drawn to Neil Young but given the unique, intentionally "lo-fi" production and the overall quality of the songs I forgot about any detectable influence almost immediately. Songs like "Old Song on New Love" and "Grace of St. Christopher" (as well as the two versions of "Ohio Arch", quoted above), with their distorted drumming and thoughtful arrangements are more than enough evidence of O'Connell's strength as a songwriter.

www.elephantmicah.com

SUN 9TH OCT

THE TUNNELS

DOORS 8PM

aberdeen's not doin too bad is it?!! :D

I'm goin to have to move to a wee toon somewhere. I just can't accept the fact that all this is happening in Aberdeen, I don't belive you all, you are all lying! None of this is true I tell thee n one of it. You are all a big big chuffin TEASE!

All in the same weeks as people behind desks get back to me about having more contemporary art in and around the city!!!!! What the Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..........

:D

Waiting........................................................ :sleeping:

Yeah and you cunts made us wait to tell everyone we were playing with Macrocosmica... :nono:

I kid really....but to infest this glorious thread with a plug....The Peppermints (Info and Mp3's here) are playing the tunnels on the 31st of October courtesy of Interesting Music Promotions....PVH are in support (opening the showcase) with another world class act soon to be announced...

Plug over.....sssccchhhelump

they tell me they got lots of new material to play for us all...lots of energetic math rock!! :rockon:

GATECHIEN were absolutely excellent at snafu when we saw them, i think however The Tunnels will suit them better & this gig is going to be a stotter, I hope music fans will be wise b4 the event & attend this will be an evening of absoulute top quality throughout all the artists playing.............

• 2 weeks later...

hello! just letting you all know that the 2 Gatechien gigs have been immense so far, london on monday and leeds last night...really blowing everyone away again and getting some interest from all the right people!! ;)

aberdeen will definately be an eclectic one as every other gig has them playing with loud bands...it might be a shock to them!!!

(oh you should all check out VOLT from germany by the way :rockon: ...my ears are still ringing!)

see you sunday! :love: