aberdeen-music

KEF saturday! who's coming???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah im totally acknowledging what ur saying cloud (although u could say it in a slighlty friendlier manner). We are new to the scene IN TOWN but have played gigs there already and loads outside. I myself have been going to gigs in town for years but its only recently i got this band together. We dont just do covers either! Our originals are sweet if i may say so myself!

I would like cloud to come more than anyone else now just because he/she knows wot they're talkin bout and i kno we could earn their respect in one 40 min set!!!

...and yes ur so right bout kef and their dodgy deals!!!

I would like cloud to come more than anyone else now just because he/she knows wot they're talkin bout and i kno we could earn their respect in one 40 min set!!!

I hope you are to retract that comment :) as Cloud won't drea of coming and if Cloud does then you are just going to get slagged on here after it ;)

I hope you are to retract that comment :) as Cloud won't drea of coming and if Cloud does then you are just going to get slagged on here after it ;)

come on' date=' i do my slagging during the sets, not on here :p

only got one thing to say to that - those deals will continue as long as people put up with it...

it's easy as hell to get a gig in this city, there's no need for anyone to ever play there :|

Its not that easy to get gigs when ur unheard of!!!

I tried everywhere and e-mailed 20 folk or so from fudge' date=' moshulu and god knows where!!!

Never got replies!

its poor!!![/quote']

Try going to promoters even like Kirkt, or if you use Aberdeen Foyer music, them.

You could even make your own night. Speak to Erik at Drummonds or just go into Moshulu (not sure if its ross you ask) but just go in and say hey i wanna book a gig.

why all the hostility? as far as far as i am aware, none of u have EVER heard enrapture. if u do appreciate killswitch, then this show will be full of emmence bliss! crazy amounts of talent, and far better than the vast majority of the bands goin about in aberdeen these days(u know wot i am talking about!!) u will not be let down.

mayebe some of u have heard useful idot before?? used to plaay a bit last year, been outt of scene for a while, but making return, so again if u like tool u will NOT be dissapointed

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF U REAL MUSIC LOVERS THERE :rockon:

"real music lovers" won't appreciate a couple of cover bands.

and even though the aberdeen scene is kinda weak, i doubt a band who plays killswitch covers is suddenly going to be better than all the established bands out there.

fair enough, you need a chance like everyone else, but the best way to do that is to keep your head down and don't make a fuss to begin with. MMW got away with it, but they were effectively a "superband" anyway with established credentials.

this is exactly why bands shouldn't do their own promotion...

Lord' date=' give me strength...

So not only do you have to pay for your own promotion, but you get shafted as far as "fair payment" goes AND you have to pay to use the drums.

no wonder the only local bands playing there these days are bands who don't know any better :angel:[/quote']

point to note we still be waitin for pay from our last gig there!!!! which was like aug 5th

point to note we still be waitin for pay from our last gig there!!!! which was like aug 5th

You're kidding...

Don't expect to get it, I know at least two other bands are still waiting for payment from there too - every time they've asked for it, they've been fobbed off with "come back later". I know of someone who's owed payment from Feburary time - which is bloody ridiculous.

Unfortunately, this kind of scam will carry on as long as people play there - don't people read this site before accepting bookings?

My advice is to write it off as an experience, and simply don't accept any bookings there unless you're paid in full for the gig before and the gig to come in advance. In fact, I pretty much advise any band to receive at least a deposit before playing there. If they don't get paid, they can walk - it's not like Kef has much of a positive reputation to stop bands getting bookings elsewhere.

i wouldnt have minded wither but most of the people there were actually there from tickets we've sold fuckin pisses me off that they've benefited from the people who paid to come see us! I dont expect to get the payment either but kef wont expect to see us at any gigs or bookings in the future! The other thing was we did it as a favour to the guy as he'd been good enought to us before

ah well boycot time

why all the hostility? as far as far as i am aware' date=' none of u have EVER heard enrapture. if u do appreciate killswitch, then this show will be full of emmence bliss! crazy amounts of talent, and far better than the vast majority of the bands goin about in aberdeen these days(u know wot i am talking about!!) u will not be let down.

mayebe some of u have heard useful idot before?? used to plaay a bit last year, been outt of scene for a while, but making return, so again if u like tool u will NOT be dissapointed

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF U REAL MUSIC LOVERS THERE :rockon:[/quote']

i never commented on the bands music, as iv never seen them before but i'll be very interested to see them for myself. i cant make saturday coz im workin, when are you next playin in aberdeen?

"real music lovers" won't appreciate a couple of cover bands.

and even though the aberdeen scene is kinda weak' date=' i doubt a band who plays killswitch covers is suddenly going to be better than all the established bands out there.

fair enough, you need a chance like everyone else, but the best way to do that is to keep your head down and don't make a fuss to begin with. MMW got away with it, but they were effectively a "superband" anyway with established credentials.

this is exactly why bands shouldn't do their own promotion...[/quote']

This has fuck all to do with you anyway cloud!!! I told you already E n r a P t u r E are NOT just a cover band, in fact the majority of the set will be originals but if your style is inspired by a band you love then why the hell not!!! Every band member loves killswitch and we play these covers well so they do us, and killswitch justice!!! Keep ur shiity opinions to urself if they're just gonna be negative all the time!!!

This has fuck all to do with you anyway cloud!!! I told you already E n r a P t u r E are NOT just a cover band' date=' in fact the majority of the set will be originals but if your style is inspired by a band you love then why the hell not!!! Every band member loves killswitch and we play these covers well so they do us, and killswitch justice!!! Keep ur shiity opinions to urself if they're just gonna be negative all the time!!![/quote']

to be honest i totaly understand your point, but i dont think cloud is out of order in what he is saying, remember its a message board

ive played kef before' date=' sold around 40 tickets and got decent money, a smile and invited back. no problems at all, id happily play their again

you should be taking this up with paul.[/quote']

it has been taking up with him mabye 3 times now but still nothing

we honestly had no problem up until now but thi is gettin out of hand now

to be honest i totaly understand your point' date=' but i dont think cloud is out of order in what he is saying, remember its a message board[/quote']

I'm more than happy to listen to constructive criticism or advice on gigging in town. But cloud cant criticise something he knows nothing about, and his advice is always so bloody negative!

This has fuck all to do with you anyway cloud!!! I told you already E n r a P t u r E are NOT just a cover band' date=' in fact the majority of the set will be originals but if your style is inspired by a band you love then why the hell not!!! Every band member loves killswitch and we play these covers well so they do us, and killswitch justice!!! Keep ur shiity opinions to urself if they're just gonna be negative all the time!!![/quote']

temper, temper.

For a start, do you really think anyone is going to take a band called "E n r a P t u r E" seriously? First thing I thought when seeing the name was "oh dear" - and that was without reading anything else.

As for keeping my opinions to myself - if you can't handle a bit of criticism, what are you doing gigging? It's not personal, I don't know you - but snapping people's heads off for commenting isn't gonna win you any friends.

Here's a hint though : chill out, don't get angry, otherwise the thread'll just get locked.

it has been taking up with him mabye 3 times now but still nothing

we honestly had no problem up until now but thi is gettin out of hand now

I doubt you'll get any satisfaction to tell the truth - you've done the job of making him money (perhaps to pay other people? who knows...). As for taking it up with Kef - well, I would recommend taking it up with the owner of the place rather than Paul - but it's probably not worth the effort for a few quid - which, sadly, is what he seems to rely on.

This gig is on saturday right?

Arse, i've been meaning to catch useful idiot for ages now, but alas i am working all night saturday.

I would also begrudge paying 4.50 to go to a local gig in aberdeen with one band i have heard of at a venue like kef.

you two, get yourselves down the moorings or something and i'll be there, nothing wrong with checking out new bands (especially ones that make claims like some of those on here ;)).