aberdeen-music

KEF saturday! who's coming???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right. cloud, stop posting in this thread unless you can stick to the topic, which is the gig at Kef on saturday. If this petty bullshit continues I'll close the thread. the only bad attitude I've seen lately has been your own. you seem keen to butt into threads and debates you know little about and mouth off as though you do, I'm not trying to have a go but that's how you've been coming across lately.

and lastly the scene is about music, nothing more, nothing less. bands can talk themselves up, get into arguments here and do countless other things but they will live or die on their music.

how many people turned up? just freinds and family?

if u must kno, there were 100+ people there, funily enough, my family want there, but ur mother was kind enough to make an appearance. good rodie! knows not to talk, just get down to business ;)

AdamDutkiewicz is alex, ross is bassist.

if u must kno' date=' there were 100+ people there, funily enough, my family want there, but ur mother was kind enough to make an appearance. good rodie! knows not to talk, just get down to business ;)

AdamDutkiewicz is alex, ross is bassist.[/quote']

by christ that's some bad typing you got there.

i spelt one word wrong

ahem...

if u must kno' date=' there were 100+ people there, [b']funily enough, my family want there, but ur mother was kind enough to make an appearance. good rodie! knows not to talk, just get down to business ;)

AdamDutkiewicz is alex, ross is bassist.

That's 6.

Yeah good one mate!

I can see exactly why ur with the talentless cloud! Because like him' date=' you cant spell nor can you construct a sentence properly. C, R, I, T, I, C, I, S, M.

Dont criticise if you cant spell the word!!!

![/quote']

It does my head in when people can't spell on this website.

oh dear.

Yeah cheers for that kirk!

But Chris and Rico are right, this site should be about nothing but bands and music! If people wanna pick up on other people's spelling they should go join a nerds forum or go play countdown!!!

The gig on saturday was a total success and cloud, we were paid DOUBLE by paul because of the huge crowd multiplying the average drink sales!

Although my (B.C Rich - Assassin) guitar string snapped on stage :down: we managed to play through the the rest of our hardcore set with me using my shitty Epiphone S.G (hardly a heavy sounding guitar but hey, what can you do!!!)

Other than that we enjoyed every minute of playing and the crowd support was awesome!!!

Also, watching useful idiot live is as good as playing live yourself! They played every song to the upmost perfection! :rockon:

If anyone is up for seeing E n r a P t u r E we're on at Kef again 16th October!!!

Yeah cheers for that kirk!

But Chris and Rico are right' date=' this site should be about nothing but bands and music! If people wanna pick up on other people's spelling they should go join a nerds forum or go play countdown!!!

!!![/quote']

You started it by saying this....:p

"I can see exactly why ur with the talentless cloud! Because like him, you cant spell nor can you construct a sentence properly. C, R, I, T, I, C, I, S, M.

Dont criticise if you cant spell the word!!!

! "

if u must kno' date=' there were 100+ people there, funily enough, my family want there, but ur mother was kind enough to make an appearance. good rodie! knows not to talk, just get down to business ;)

[/quote']

my mums not really in to killswitch rip off bands.

grow up u juvenile's

think its you who neads to grow up.......twat

an sg is more than adequate for play metal.

please please stop spelling your band name with random capital letters in the middle. i'm not slagging you off when i say this i'm trying to give some friendly advice, it looks shit. it makes you look like a school band playing a talent contest in the assembly hall. don't take it the wrong way, i'm just saying it how i see it.

and <t> the thing about the typing was just meant as a joke, didn't realise you'd get so defensive about it. for the record using you instead of you've was an americanism which i felt fitted the context of my post(probably made more sense in my head to be honest). you just missed out letters in the middle of words cause you can't type/you're stupid. no big deal, practice makes perfect. keep typing these inflammatory posts and i'm sure by the time this thread hits 20 pages you'll be able to type without making mistakes. :)

finally, i'd just like to say this thread makes pretty much everyone involved look like a dick(no doubt myself included). cloud's normally quite capable of doing this himself :p people tend to look more favourably on young bands when they show some maturity and dignity as oppose to attacking anyone with an opinion. this site can be a useful tool but people only listen if they respect you in some way. hold your heads up high and use your music to change peoples minds not childish retorts.

finally' date=' i'd just like to say this thread makes pretty much everyone involved look like a dick(no doubt myself included). cloud's normally quite capable of doing this himself :p people tend to look more favourably on young bands when they show some maturity and dignity as oppose to attacking anyone with an opinion. this site can be a useful tool but people only listen if they respect you in some way. hold your heads up high and use your music to change peoples minds not childish retorts.[/quote']

Daveofficer is right guys we do need to wise up with the slagging match banter cos its not really making any of us look cool!

I know the s.g isnt bad but its not a gibson, its an epiphone which isnt AS good. We didnt sound bad at all so im not blaming my tools but just would of preferred using my B.C Rich because the pick-ups do give out an awesomely heavy crunch distortion, moreso than the humbuckers on the epiphone. But yeh ur right, any good guitarist can play metal with almost any guitar! :rockon:

P.S. E n r a P t u r E will write their name like this because THEY want to! If it looks amateur, So be it!

have you learnt a valuable lesson from your string snapping on stage?

(and dave' date=' too true, looking foolish is what i do best :p)[/quote']

Hell yeah!

Always change ur strings prior to a gig!

Although the reason i didnt was because when using a floyd rose bridge, strings are extra sensitive to heat and preassure and what not. Probably should've taken the risk however!

yea it's a good precaution to fit new strings a few days before to break them in a bit. but no matter how many precautions you take, you will still break a string. it just happens from time to time. cleaning your strings with a cloth can help prolong them but in a gig situation you can't really predict what might happen.

Is it not also a good idea to have someone who can add a string within a song, so you're not using a back up guitar for longer than needed? I know about how a decent sound can be got out of any guitar, etc etc, but I can completely understand if someone's far more comfortable playing a certain guitar.

Is it not also a good idea to have someone who can add a string within a song' date=' so you're not using a back up guitar for longer than needed? I know about how a decent sound can be got out of any guitar, etc etc, but I can completely understand if someone's far more comfortable playing a certain guitar.[/quote']

Yes that would be ideal in a situation like the one which ocurred on saturday night although these floyd rose bridges make that almost impossible as, after changing a string, they wont tune properly without adjusting the springs in the back of the guitar as well! And when ur on stage, for some reason, time passes so quickily!!! I didnt even have time to think so i just used the reserve guitar for the rest of the set. was all good tho. we really excelled!!! :rockon: