aberdeen-music

KEF saturday! who's coming???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has fuck all to do with you anyway cloud!!! I told you already E n r a P t u r E are NOT just a cover band' date=' in fact the majority of the set will be originals but if your style is inspired by a band you love then why the hell not!!! Every band member loves killswitch and we play these covers well so they do us, and killswitch justice!!! Keep ur shiity opinions to urself if they're just gonna be negative all the time!!![/quote']

you're not exactly being postivie, are you? maybe you should shut up?

temper' date=' temper.

For a start, do you really think anyone is going to take a band called "E n r a P t u r E" seriously? First thing I thought when seeing the name was "oh dear" - and that was without reading anything else.

As for keeping my opinions to myself - if you can't handle a bit of criticism, what are you doing gigging? It's not personal, I don't know you - but snapping people's heads off for commenting isn't gonna win you any friends.

Here's a hint though : chill out, don't get angry, otherwise the thread'll just get locked.

I doubt you'll get any satisfaction to tell the truth - you've done the job of making him money (perhaps to pay other people? who knows...). As for taking it up with Kef - well, I would recommend taking it up with the owner of the place rather than Paul - but it's probably not worth the effort for a few quid - which, sadly, is what he seems to rely on.[/quote']

FOR A START!...what kind of a name is cloud ha!, secondly you dont even know what enrapture means!!! and thirdly, i said i was happy to take some criticism but dont criticise what you dont know anything about! I'm really not one for getting hot headed because i'd like to be able to speak to everyone on here in a civilised manner but ur just being a bit of a prick mate!

FOR A START!...what kind of a name is cloud ha!' date=' secondly you dont even know what enrapture means!!! and thirdly, i said i was happy to take some criticism but dont criticise what you dont know anything about! I'm really not one for getting hot headed because i'd like to be able to speak to everyone on here in a civilised manner but ur just being a bit of a prick mate![/quote']

Okay, firstly, personal insults won't get you anywhere. As for what kind of name it is - it's my nickname, thanks. Why bother with a different name on here when everyone I know offline knows me as Cloud anyway?

What does enrapture mean? Let's ask google.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Enrapture+band&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Several other bands out there with the same name, anyway.

Let's ask dictionary.com

enrapture Pronunciation Key (n-rpchr)

tr.v. enraptured, enrapturing, enraptures

To fill with rapture or delight.

Allright, sounds good enough to me. Although the dictionary spells it "Enrapture", not "E n r a p t u r E" - so perhaps you might want to consult the dictionary yourself.

As for me being a bit of a prick - let me give you one bit of advice. If you think *i'm* being a prick, you're going to get some very nasty shocks from the "music scene". If you can't deal with that, I advise you not to bother being in a band, it's not good for the blood pressure.

Guest Steve Irwin

My advice is to write it off as an experience' date=' and simply don't accept any bookings there unless you're paid in full for the gig before and the gig to come in advance. In fact, I pretty much advise any band to receive at least a deposit before playing there. If they don't get paid, they can walk - it's not like Kef has much of a positive reputation to stop bands getting bookings elsewhere.[/quote']

what bands are you in?

This gig is on saturday right?

Arse' date=' i've been meaning to catch useful idiot for ages now, but alas i am working all night saturday.

I would also begrudge paying 4.50 to go to a local gig in aberdeen with one band i have heard of at a venue like kef.

you two, get yourselves down the moorings or something and i'll be there, nothing wrong with checking out new bands (especially ones that make claims like some of those on here ;)).[/quote']

hey howz about goin to the moorings on saturday instead an catching fudgenight 63 hey hey

indafusion

fall of boss koala

Identity

hahaha thread jacked

what bands are you in?

who wants to be in a band? first you have to learn an instrument really well (allright, i can play a synth..but who can't?), then you have to play in toilet circuit places for years before you get anywhere, and even then you have to contend with evil promoters, shit venues and all the rest of it.

no thanks, i'm staying off the stage.

Okay' date=' firstly, personal insults won't get you anywhere. As for what kind of name it is - it's my nickname, thanks. Why bother with a different name on here when everyone I know offline knows me as Cloud anyway?

What does enrapture mean? Let's ask google.

[url']http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Enrapture+band&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Several other bands out there with the same name, anyway.

Let's ask dictionary.com

Allright, sounds good enough to me. Although the dictionary spells it "Enrapture", not "E n r a p t u r E" - so perhaps you might want to consult the dictionary yourself.

As for me being a bit of a prick - let me give you one bit of advice. If you think *i'm* being a prick, you're going to get some very nasty shocks from the "music scene". If you can't deal with that, I advise you not to bother being in a band, it's not good for the blood pressure.

Okay cloud i'm not one for a slagging match but you really havent a clue!!! You said we spelt enrapture wrong but re-spelt it exactly the same!!!

You dont really know what your talking about man!!! You aint in a band!!! you cant play an instrument well!!! So your advice is poor!!! i dont want it thats for sure!!! :down:

Sonewhat of a contradiction? "Similar to that of Kilswitch and Trivium" doesn't sound very unique to me at all. In fact' date=' it's the least unique thing I can actually think of.[/quote']

Okay man you got me there! But when ur writing posts to try and promote ur band, especially when they're unheard of, you have to compare and relate it to something otherwise people wont know what to expect. Our originals ARE unique but still derrived from those styles! :rockon:

Okay cloud i'm not one for a slagging match but you really havent a clue!!! You said we spelt enrapture wrong but re-spelt it exactly the same!!!

Where did I say that you spelt it wrong? I was making fun of the way you were writing it...

You dont really know what your talking about man!!! You aint in a band!!! you cant play an instrument well!!! So your advice is poor!!! i dont want it thats for sure!!! :down:

Hey, I'm not the one playing Killswitch covers and making myself out to be the best thing ever :laughing:

And since when did someone have to be in a band to have a respected opinion? Some of the people I respect most have never been anywhere near a stage, yet their understanding of things music-wise is incredible.

Here's a hint : when you get scammed, don't come crying on these boards about it ;)

cloud, wot is the problem man? ur saying, im not the one playing killswitch covers? thats fuckin right ur not, cause u are a talentless bastard, and should be removed of ur right of "freedom of speech" hows about u head down to kef on sat, see wot ur missing, or maybe jhust head down for a smack in the chops.

enrapture may be a new band, but not all the members are. they've played gigs before, kef being one of the many places, and were not getting scammed, cause we dont fuck paul about. he may have fucked about ur mates, but who wouldnt if they are anything like u.

to be honest if you cant handle critism dont you wont survive being in a band.

i play bass, drums and guitar i play in a band.....does that make my advice superb?

im with the cloud

to be honest if you cant handle critism dont you wont survive being in a band.

i play bass' date=' drums and guitar i play in a band.....does that make my advice superb?

im with the cloud[/quote']

Yeah good one mate!

I can see exactly why ur with the talentless cloud! Because like him, you cant spell nor can you construct a sentence properly. C, R, I, T, I, C, I, S, M.

Dont criticise if you cant spell the word!!!

Who cant play bass?!?

Any guitarist can thats for sure.

...I play all those instruments also and even if it does or does not make your advice any better, you just dont go round being negative towards everyone!!!

I've seen this cloud idiot posting all his pesamistic comments onto everyone and its just not cool.

For example: OCEANROCKSTUDIOS looks like a decent recording studio with some awesome equipment and a great building setup. The price aint bad either for recording as it competes well with The Mill of Crathes.

........But ohh no, its not good enough for the non-band member cloud who says the price is extortionate and slates the fact that its "name" is not well enough established!

What a Nob!

being in a band does not make you better than anyone else....ok. apologys for my dyslexia, i didnt mean to piss you off with my bad spelling.

and your comment about bass is totaly out of order, see other thread,

i do agree with you about clouds comments in the oceanrock thread but im with him in this thread.

and i was just stating that you shouldnt be in a band, if your gonna get angry when somoene questions you

Lat chance for this thread' date=' folks. By all means, have an opinion, and you're all entitled to one. However,insulting people on these forums is just not on.

Adam, I'm not much of a musician, so I don't know if you're going to take my advice, but I would say you're sacrificing all hope of building a decent reputation for your band in favour of short-term notoriety by behaving in this fashion. You really need a thicker skin if you're going to survive in the music scene in Aberdeen. Let it go.[/quote']

Okay no more insults from me man. sorry.

But I started this thread in an innocent attempt to promote a gig. Believe me I like criticism........but only when its put forward in the right way. the cloud just seems to have it in for us even tho he knows nothing about us.

I'm Chilled now. sorry again!

cloud' date=' wot is the problem man? ur saying, im not the one playing killswitch covers? thats fuckin right ur not, cause u are a talentless bastard[/quote']

How do you know how talented I am? As for what the problem is - who said I had a problem? I like giving my opinion, especially when it involves people who get rather angry about their band over what is essentially comments on the internet.

and should be removed of ur right of "freedom of speech"

Why? Because I don't rate a killswitch engage cover band and a tool cover band? Oh sorry, I didn't know it was a crime to think "oh no, not more of them"..As for Dave's advice about a thicker skin, perhaps you should think about it?

hows about u head down to kef on sat, see wot ur missing, or maybe jhust head down for a smack in the chops.

You'd smack someone for saying your band was shit? Now, if that isn't a blatant display of toys out of the pram, what is?

enrapture may be a new band, but not all the members are. they've played gigs before, kef being one of the many places, and were not getting scammed, cause we dont fuck paul about. he may have fucked about ur mates, but who wouldnt if they are anything like u.

Ahh I love your observation on who gets scammed...but hey, I guess I'll be the one laughing when you come crying about how you only got 20 for a gig despite selling lots of tickets :laughing:

As for the personal insults - really, you don't gain anything by insulting me personally :)

I can see exactly why ur with the talentless cloud! Because like him, you cant spell nor can you construct a sentence properly. C, R, I, T, I, C, I, S, M.

What on earth are you on about?

Dave's comments are very wise - reputations can be built for months, but they can fall in a day..might be worth remebering that a lot of people who control a lot of the venues post on here - if they see you and Useful Idiot throwing around insults and acting like a bunch of spoilt kids, are they gonna book you? People do talk, and like it or hate it, this website has proven itself to be very influential at times.

As for what you sound like musically - why not get some demos online? I'm not paying 4.50 to see some local bands at Kef - but hey, get me on the guestlist and i'll be happy to write a fair review and post it on here :)

What on earth are you on about?

Dave's comments are very wise - reputations can be built for months' date=' but they can fall in a day..might be worth remebering that a lot of people who control a lot of the venues post on here - if they see you and Useful Idiot throwing around insults and acting like a bunch of spoilt kids, are they gonna book you? People do talk, and like it or hate it, this website has proven itself to be very influential at times.

As for what you sound like musically - why not get some demos online? I'm not paying 4.50 to see some local bands at Kef - but hey, get me on the guestlist and i'll be happy to write a fair review and post it on here :)[/quote']

Cloud, im sorry but ur wrong again mate.

I quoted daniel not dave! Besides this site is crazy because of people like u! It shouldnt be peoples personalities or the way they behave on an internet forum that gets them gigs, it should be about the MUSIC! aberdeen-MUSIC!

Fair enough you're right about the fact that we should get some demos on the net but we only have home recordings and they dont show our full potential! Real demo recordings cost money and money comes from gigs! I know you dont make a lot at KEF but i've e-mailed moshulu Ross and fudge and many more but lava P was the only one to get back to me.

I would rather put Bush on the guestlist than u! sorry :down:

And again you spectacularly miss what I was saying.

I was referring to Dave's post, not Daniel's.

As for people's personalities getting in the way of things - sorry to say it, but it's the way things work around here. I agree that it should be about the music, but what's the chances of that really happening? The way you act is a big deal locally, simply because no-one wants to put on bands who have a bad attitude or reputation. Have a search on the site for a band called "Stranded" - who have virtually vanished since getting buried a while back on here.

As for not getting on the guestlist - ah well, i won't be getting a smack in the chops then :(

I was referring to Dave's post' date=' not Daniel's.

As for people's personalities getting in the way of things - sorry to say it, but it's the way things work around here. I agree that it should be about the music, but what's the chances of that really happening? The way you act is a big deal locally, simply because no-one wants to put on bands who have a bad attitude or reputation. Have a search on the site for a band called "Stranded" - who have virtually vanished since getting buried a while back on here.

As for not getting on the guestlist - ah well, i won't be getting a smack in the chops then :([/quote']

I must say, Cloud, you've got balls and whit!!! I'll give you that.

You are right about having a bad attitude and it getting you nowhere, but I honestly don't have a bad attitude towards people unless they're being a bit wide!

I mean you were dropping condescending comments like:

"Who wants to go see a couple of cover bands..." - when you knew we were'nt just covers.

"I was making fun of the way you were writing it..." - A bit wide!

"Several other bands out there with the same name, anyway." - Just a blatant stab

"I advise you not to bother being in a band" - wide!

"For a start, do you really think anyone is going to take a band called "E n r a P t u r E" seriously? First thing I thought when seeing the name was "oh dear" - insult!

Anything insulting that I said to you was only in retalliation huh???

- So lets stop this childish Forum arguing shall we?!?

Alex ( E n r a P t u r E - Guitar) - I like writing it like that anyway!!! Looks less boring :D

:rockon:

I was referring to Dave's post' date=' not Daniel's.

As for not getting on the guestlist - ah well, i won't be getting a smack in the chops then :([/quote']

the only thing wrong with this website is people like you stirring up trouble

if you didnt want to go to the gig then why the fuck did you start posting on this thread ?

did you see anyone else jumping up to slag them off?

this isnt what the scene is all about

and this isnt what the website is all about

this is what YOU are all about

all of you're posts are complete twaddle

so shut your mush

p.s. stranded are still gigging.. and i dont recall them ever using this website or caring about it.. they got some bad press because their ex-manager decided to take a pop at this website.. i'd hardly say they were 'buried'