aberdeen-music

Now that 'Emo' is a fashion, will those who are proper 'Emo' stop being 'Emo?'

Emilio Largo

I've always listened to a lot of stuff that's considered "emo" and I really don't care what anyone says about it. I love Far, I love Fugazi, I love Rites Of Spring, I love Quicksand, I love Embrace and everything in between. Mind you, Atreyu, My Chemical Romance and the like are the reason that everyone has an incredibly poor impression of the whole thing. I remember when I first got into the "scene" as it were, when no one had heard of "emo" or any of the bands. Those were great, uncomplicated times. I will always happily admit that I like emo.

I've always listened to a lot of stuff that's considered "emo" and I really don't care what anyone says about it. I love Far' date=' I love Fugazi, I love Rites Of Spring, I love Quicksand, I love Embrace and everything in between. Mind you, Atreyu, My Chemical Romance and the like are the reason that everyone has an incredibly poor impression of the whole thing. I remember when I first got into the "scene" as it were, when no one had heard of "emo" or any of the bands. Those were great, uncomplicated times. I will always happily admit that I like emo.[/quote']

Well said young man, buts its like any genre, they get highjacked by the mainstrean press, etc, and spawns a monster with average bands.

Guest lime ruined my life
that debate is as good as the 'what is punk one'!

i dont get why no one gets on at the anarcho fashion punks or the baggy stoner/metal folks' date=' no difference really.[/quote']

or the baggy drum n bass and techno,

ultra cool caps and hoodies hip hop,

the leather and denim indie

or the tight pink t shirts and jeans cheesey guys.

I think people should really get their facts straight though.

Atreyu aren't what you would call an Emo band.

They are a metal band. Thats it.

Yes they are a metal band but it doesn't stop the press calling them emo. Well, maybe not just straight emo but "brutal metalcore with emo undertones" or some other such bollocks. It's just because they wear eyeliner and have "the haircut".

I think people should really get their facts straight though.

Atreyu aren't what you would call an Emo band.

They are a metal band. Thats it.

Dont bring that shit in here! Atreyu are not a metal band! They desperately want to be, but thay are not, they fall in with all the bands that share the 'metalcore' tag. Who all want to be metal and steal each other's riffs, vocals, songs and clothes. That stuff goes hand in hand with Emo, the whole fashion dress code shit thats going on.

Dont bring that shit in here! Atreyu are not a metal band! They desperately want to be' date=' but thay are not, they fall in with all the bands that share the 'metalcore' tag. Who all want to be metal and steal each other's riffs, vocals, songs and clothes. That stuff goes hand in hand with Emo, the whole fashion dress code shit thats going on.[/quote']

just as much 'fashion dress code' in metal buddo, i cant really make sense of the rest of your post.