aberdeen-music

Guinea pig farm forced to close...

threeornothing

that website shows that not all animal rights campaigners are "extremists" thats all..there are scientific reports and papers on how animal testing is utterly pointless. read some of the articles!

I've seen that site many times before - It's still heavily biased. Just look through their 'case for' section on Animal Testing. It's ridiculously biased, attempting to debunk every possible angle of scientific testing in animals when it claims to be providing a balanced opinion.

"educate yourself"....

much like the ALF dongs that released hundreds of minks into a stream "freeeedom!!!!!!"

and they decimated the indigenous birdlife in the area...

way to go animal rights people! that's how to win friends and educate the masses.

I abhor "pointless" animal experiments (make up / cosmetics etc)...

but, I don't think we have Mengler like scientists dropping acid on chimps skulls for shits and giggles...do we ? (nope).

and I really do doubt that scientists wouldn't do an experiment if it was pointless (in the medical sense)...where as blinding bunnies with shampoo is pointless, testing cancer drugs on rabbits, I don't have a problem with.

(although, if a cancer cure is found, mankind will proliferate exponentially and kill the planet just that little bit quicker....so, perhaps I am against this whole research angle...bah!)

where as blinding bunnies with shampoo is pointless' date=' testing cancer drugs on rabbits, I don't have a problem with.[/quote']

Those rabbits love to be in the cosmetics industry, and anyway I want to know if the shampoo that I'm using will sting my eyes or not. Hippies on the other hand dont wash their hair, so don't give a shit.

Those rabbits love to be in the cosmetics industry' date=' and anyway I want to know if the shampoo that I'm using will sting my eyes or not. Hippies on the other hand dont wash their hair, so don't give a shit.[/quote']

try squirting some in your partners eye to see if they are alergic to it...

oh....that's not shampoo...is it.....oops.

"educate yourself"....

testing cancer drugs on rabbits' date=' I don't have a problem with.[/quote']

Why? Does your rabbit have cancer?

Interesting fact, the first antibiotic (Penicillin) had been delayed for over 10 years after misleading results with experimenting on rabbits...had the drug been tested on guinea pigs, it would have been scrapped altogether, as it kills them! Of course, we know penicillin to be safe for our consumption...

What I find hard to swallow is that, animal testing became legal after the thalidomide tragedy (a drug which was meant to reduce morning sickness, pain and ease child birth). This was tested on guinea pigs, cats, armadillos, ferrets etc...with plausable results, although as little as one dose on a human was enough to produce major birth defects as seen below.... of course, if the drug was to be tested today, it would pass the animal test!!!! Same goes for the polio vaccine...

What we should do with these hippies is not let them use drugs that have been developed with the aid of animal testing...

The list of drugs which tested ok on animals and near fatal on humans is endless!!!!!! (Cerestat, MaxiPost, Zendra, Lotrafiban, gavestinel, nimodipine, clomethiazole etc. etc.) If we believed everything about animal tests, we would believe there to be no problem with inhaling cigarette smoke, asbestos, arsenic, benene etc...of course we all know different!

Wake up....as far back as 1964, medical directors have admitted that animal testing isn't done for scientific reasons, but for legal reasons! The same is true today....drugs must pass several stages (computer based simulation, test tube, animal, human...) Basically, if you die from a drug....the fact the pharmaceutical company have tested the drug on an animal saves their ass!! Thats their green light...

A recent independent survey with 500 GP's found that 82% are concerned that animal data can be misleading when applied to humans and that 83% would support an independent scientific evaluation of the clinical relevance of animal experimentation.

http://www.curedisease.net

EDIT...forgot to add the pic

pamimg.jpg

Lets hear it for animal testing!

Guest MerryChristmas

They should test on chimpanzees, something very close to the species that they are working for. These animal rights activists are bonkers, bordering on stark raving loony.

Animal rights activists dig up graves :down:

They are a nuisance to society and should be considered terrorist