aberdeen-music

Northsound unsigned/indie show

Darth Elvis

I just got email saying Northsound are starting Sunday nights 7-10pm indie & unsigned band show with Al someone? Starts from 28th Aug.

thats a laugh aint it, they cant even get it together to read your listings,

here's hoping it lasts longer than poor old del's show, and here's hoping they treat the new guy better than the way they treated big del.

He's already on here' date=' he's commentrd at least once already on the Arkade Projects thread.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

ah well, that's excellent though. at least that way he knows there's more than what Aberdeen Journals and northsound report in Aberdeen.

in typical aberdeen style, the poor guy is being knocked before he's even done a show, give it a chance for crying out loud. there's a whole new management team in place since my days at northsound so before posting snide comments surely it would be better to welcome this than enivatably knocking it down before its even begun. judging by what's written on the website, it sounds just the ticket, it will take time develop and find its feet as any new show does but anything thats going to support the scene and play local bands cant be a bad thing can it?

in typical aberdeen style' date=' the poor guy is being knocked before he's even done a show, give it a chance for crying out loud. there's a whole new management team in place since my days at northsound so before posting snide comments surely it would be better to welcome this than enivatably knocking it down before its even begun. judging by what's written on the website, it sounds just the ticket, it will take time develop and find its feet as any new show does but anything thats going to support the scene and play local bands cant be a bad thing can it?[/quote']

well said Del, i had a nice open minded reply to my email, he sounds like a music person, i am really postive with a prime three hour slot, things can at last get back to normality after the void left by your departuture. We should get behind this show, communicate with Alan & give his shows an open minded listen to.

PASS THE WORD

well said Del' date=' i had a nice open minded reply to my email, he sounds like a music person, i am really postive with a prime three hour slot, things can at last get back to normality after the void left by your departuture. We should get behind this show, communicate with Alan & give his shows an open minded listen to.

PASS THE WORD[/quote']

exactly, the fact that its been giving three hours is a good start but why make alan's job impossible from the start? there's no point in remenicing on the past - me and jim gellaty are part of northsound's history. They moaned when the show was taken off air now a similar show is being brought back and they're still fecking moaning!!!!!

in typical aberdeen style' date=' the poor guy is being knocked before he's even done a show, give it a chance for crying out loud. there's a whole new management team in place since my days at northsound so before posting snide comments surely it would be better to welcome this than enivatably knocking it down before its even begun. judging by what's written on the website, it sounds just the ticket, it will take time develop and find its feet as any new show does but anything thats going to support the scene and play local bands cant be a bad thing can it?[/quote']

ahh i see what your doing... lull him in to a false sense of security and THEN jump him

how terribly cunning