aberdeen-music

Where should I live?

Hog

Guest bluesxman

I like living in Stonehaven, but last train home from Aberdeen is at half ten so usually nights out end with a taxi - about 25 quid which limits nights out unless you are minted. Alternative is bus home, think the last one is half 2 but tend to be joint affair with Portlethen which can be a nightmare if the wrong crowd are onboard and suss you are fae Stoney....people with brains the size of a gnat's penis, full of alcohol, developing a strange sense of town rivalry is never good on the confines of a bus....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest b-bert
I like living in Stonehaven' date=' but last train home from Aberdeen is at half ten so usually nights out end with a taxi - about 25 quid which limits nights out unless you are minted. Alternative is bus home, think the last one is half 2 but tend to be joint affair with Portlethen which can be a nightmare if the wrong crowd are onboard and suss you are fae Stoney....people with brains the size of a gnat's penis, full of alcohol, developing a strange sense of town rivalry is never good on the confines of a bus....[/quote']

sounds hilarious

stay the hell away from Kemnay, I just fell out with a fat bam on the bus because he kept opening the windows even though it made the bus freezing, the daft cunt had a massive jacket on! Plus its just a minging area, go to Monymusk if you want "nice", its red and ickle. But dont make the mistake of going to Kemnay! no offence to people on this boards, im sure i didnt fall out with one of you today as the daft bugger was going on about his ACE Faithless cd... :down:

Alternative is bus home' date=' think the last one is half 2 but tend to be joint affair with Portlethen which can be a nightmare if the wrong crowd are onboard and suss you are fae Stoney....people with brains the size of a gnat's penis, full of alcohol, developing a strange sense of town rivalry is never good on the confines of a bus....[/quote']

Last bus at weekends is at 20 past 3 from guild street. The buses used to be shared between stoney and portlethen but they started running seperate buses about 5 or 6 years ago due to all the fighting (folk were getting dragged off at porty and kicked shitless). I haven't gotten a bus back for a few years though so I dunno if it's changed.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Awww Methlick... "Stop using my old stamping ground to try and get laid!"

Stop right there and find a catchphrase of your own, you bloody thief.

Methlick? Did you know the Chapman's who had a farm there? Relatives of mine.

I like living in Stonehaven' date=' but last train home from Aberdeen is at half ten so usually nights out end with a taxi - about 25 quid which limits nights out unless you are minted. Alternative is bus home, think the last one is half 2 but tend to be joint affair with Portlethen which can be a nightmare if the wrong crowd are onboard and suss you are fae Stoney....people with brains the size of a gnat's penis, full of alcohol, developing a strange sense of town rivalry is never good on the confines of a bus....[/quote']

last bus is at 3

Depends how close to the city you want to be: if you want to be an hour's drive from Aberdeen and in somewhere gorgeous I'd recommend my native Cullen.The villages around that are still fairly reasonable for house prices even if Cullen itself isn't. But closer in, Huntly or Keith are both sound towns and reasonable, Keith only an hour from Aberdeen on the train.

Depends how close to the city you want to be: if you want to be an hour's drive from Aberdeen and in somewhere gorgeous I'd recommend my native Cullen.The villages around that are still fairly reasonable for house prices even if Cullen itself isn't. But closer in' date=' Huntly or Keith are both sound towns and reasonable, Keith only an hour from Aberdeen on the train.[/quote']

cullen is the most beautiful place in the universe. including uranus.

i love it so much there i'd spend all 7 weeks of my summer holidays there when i was in school, rented a cottage there this year and even got engaged on the beach!!!

fuck it....hog, come live with me. we can do an "odd couple" routine. I'll walk all over the curtains and pour beer all over the carpet while you walk around in your apron with a dust-buster, or vice versa

Well said that man. Although I got engaged there on the beach too and it was the start of a pretty miserable time of my life!

Which cottage did you stay in out of interest?

The Three Kings is a great pub too!

pristan cottage, and the year before that it was fishermans cottage. we used to have a caravan up there. had it 15 years.

only went into the 3 kings for the first time in june this year. it is good, awesome beer garden.

cant believe they took down the old fishermans bothy, i was destroyed when i found it gone.

Me too' date=' my mate and I walked along Portlong one afternoon turned the corner round the rocks and both stopped in our tracks with shock.

At least the temple is still there and Findlater Castle hasn't fallen entirely into the sea yet...

Best pub in the vicinity though is The Shore Inn in Portsoy...[/quote']

nothing wrong with the cullen golf club though. findlaters castle is dangerous as fuck.nearly died there once when i was 12, didnt know that once you go into the castle, when you reach the door on the other side of the room there is a 175 foot drop.

the crannoch hotel is shite compared to when it was dougies waverly hotel. expensive as fuck, they have things like deer stuffed with pheasant topped with quail eggs on the menu. alas, being the only "fancy" restaurant for 20 miles and i had to take my fiance for an engagement meal there

Guest Jake Wifebeater
This is doing my head in. I have been searching for a new house for a few months now but am still unsure where to move to.

I am not bothered with Aberdeen but I get most of my work between Aberdeen and Inverness. Not keen on Huntly etc. I suppose Newmacher' date=' Old Meldrum, Kemnay area is ok.

Run out of space with my business and need a new premises (fast) Any suggestions?[/quote']

Baldy, you're fine where you are. It's nothing a good tidy-up won't solve, and my offer still stands. Plus, you're only five minutes from Ape Towers.

The Crannoch, which at its very mention now people resond "is that the one run by twa lesbians like?"

Only been in once since it changed and it was dead: is it still full of angry underagers?

The Grant Arms is bizarre, one night it'll be quiet and the next full of blokes ready to kick your head in. The Three Kings knocks spots off the others. The Shore Inn at Portsoy is a gem though, so friendly. The Admiral at Findochty is getting good reviews though. Further afield, Fochabers is a great place to drink around.

Findlater is indeed treacherous!!!

The Crannoch' date=' which at its very mention now people resond "is that the one run by twa lesbians like?"

Only been in once since it changed and it was dead: is it still full of angry underagers?

The Grant Arms is bizarre, one night it'll be quiet and the next full of blokes ready to kick your head in. The Three Kings knocks spots off the others. The Shore Inn at Portsoy is a gem though, so friendly. The Admiral at Findochty is getting good reviews though. Further afield, Fochabers is a great place to drink around.

Findlater is indeed treacherous!!![/quote']

ace, i went into the crannoch again on the last night (just for a bar meal this time) and noticed the video jukebox. i put on slayer and soundgarden, needless to say, the locals wernt impressed

Blimey' date='a video jukebox? I bet Tatu is on it!

The lounge bar of the Seafield Arms is fabulous on a Christmassy evening, roaring fire and good whisky.

Cullen is my paradise, nowhere else in the world makes me feel as good, not even Soho.[/quote']

in full agreement with you there. if i could move there i would.

i think we'd best stop abusing hogs forum though.

good talking to you.

Guest AmbientMood
stay the hell away from Kemnay' date=' I just fell out with a fat bam on the bus because he kept opening the windows even though it made the bus freezing, :[/quote']

I could probably guess who that was.

I could probably guess who that was.

Always wears that same damn jacket no matter the weather, slaps his mates girlfriend a lot on the knee and has a shaven head. I've always hated the cunt. Acts about 12 too. Why some folk are allowed to have kids is a mystery when it results in people like that :nono: