aberdeen-music

sensi soccer fans, look here

framheim

the amiga version was a little harder than the megadrive version, plus it was sensible world of soccer and had extra options. the ball didn't stick to your foot so much and the speed was better. plus i think using a zipstick or a quickshot joystick was the best way to play sensi rather than a joypad. we tested both versions quite thoroughly when i was a young un.

cannon fodder and megalomania i've not played so extensively on megadrive but i'm sure the amiga versions would have been better. amiga being the greatest games machine ever devised. *sigh* how i miss it so.

the amiga version was a little harder than the megadrive version' date=' plus it was sensible world of soccer and had extra options. the ball didn't stick to your foot so much and the speed was better. plus i think using a zipstick or a quickshot joystick was the best way to play sensi rather than a joypad. we tested both versions quite thoroughly when i was a young un.

cannon fodder and megalomania i've not played so extensively on megadrive but i'm sure the amiga versions would have been better. amiga being the greatest games machine ever devised. *sigh* how i miss it so.[/quote']

Harder? I used to be quite good on the expert level but now I struggle on normal so I don't think I'd like harder very much.

when i say harder i just mean that the megadrive version was very arcady and did a lot for you, like the ball sticking to your feet too much. you can still score every time from just right of the penalty circle on the edge of the 18 yard box with a swerve to the left into the top corner. diving headers were always the best. guess it's probably down to personal preference but a lot of other people who've played both versions have said they prefer the amiga version as well. no matter which one you prefer it's still the greatest game ever made.

amiga being the greatest games machine ever devised. *sigh* how i miss it so.

Greatest computer. Period. They even used Amigas to render the CGI in Babylon 5. Using only Deluxe Paint 3. (Okay, not exaclty...) They probably used Dpaint when they used them on the Krypton Factor, though.

I was gutted last time I took my old A1200 down from the loft and it didn't work.

At least I've got Cannon Fodder 2 to run on the Amiga emulator I've got installed in my office computer. Next stop Alien Breed.

I didn't even like football and I liked Sensi Soccer. I might have to go and download that too, although I don't have a zipstick to hand, and I don't think it'd plug in to my PC even if I did. Another reason PCs are rubbish.

you used to be able to score from the half way line on the console version of sensi. it was inferior in every way. And dave you're forgetting sensi was superb on the Amiga before it became swos. Just once SWOS arrived it was the greatest thing ever. Sensi crossed with Champ Manager.

I miss the Amiga.

Incidentally Babylon 5 was done using Video Toaster which was a networked rendering solution for the Amiga. I think they also used some Silicon Graphics workstations. I think Video Toaster was also used in Star Trek.