aberdeen-music

management etc

des

Advice...

Don't get involved in the bullshit on this website' date=' your band is totally seperate to this.

If your promotion was that good, then how come I've never heard of you?[/quote']

as i said befor we have only been on the go for 11months. we are just new, thats prob why.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AmbientMood

Hows you band doing by the way?

I'm not in 'the band' anymore but have played a good twenty gigs this year, though my tacful anonymity (sp?) on this site will forbid you to know when and where.

Thats beside the point though, you're at the bottom of a very long line that spans decades of below average musicians believing they 'have what it takes, can't see themselves doing anything else etc.'

Within the world of music, you are dogshit.

I'm not in 'the band' anymore but have played a good twenty gigs this year' date=' though my tacful anonymity (sp?) on this site will forbid you to know when and where.

Thats beside the point though, you're at the bottom of a very long line that spans decades of below average musicians believing they 'have what it takes, can't see themselves doing anything else etc.'

Within the world of music, you are dogshit.[/quote']

better than being an asshole motherfucker.

your too scared to even let people who you are on here.

so with all due respect your (ass)holiness. go fuck yourself.

Work hard' date=' play loads of gigs till you have a stable following, try and get gigs with 'known' bands to boost your band bio, get some decent promo pics, a couple of decent recordings and constantly look for new people and new ways to promote your band, play more out of Aberdeen than you do in it, always have flyers and mailing list sheets at gigs out of town, use myspace to your advantage, get mates to help you out if need be, only take on the criticism by people you look up too/resepct/have been where you want to be, it's your band, and it's your ambitions, never let anyone take you down. Aberdeen means nothing in the grand scale of things.[/quote']

cheers man good advice

and for fuck sakes i wish my band mates would stop commin on here and start gettin all defencsive and shit what people say on here doesnt mean shit to me ,so were not the best band in the world but shit were not the worst either,i just enjoy playin infront of poeple who want to hear us play, so chi wise the fuck up and stop pickin fights with everyone all the time be more thick skinned would ya gotta learn to take shit on the chin.and before you bitch at me tomorrow and get all pissed of im just sayin that stuff you say on here makes us all look stupid and i dont like to be made to look stupid i can do that on my own.

this thread was only me askin a question about summit i didnt know about and ive got a feelin its gonna end up like all the other ones anyone from som gets involved in

cheers man good advice

and for fuck sakes i wish my band mates would stop commin on here and start gettin all defencsive and shit what people say on here doesnt mean shit to me ' date='so were not the best band in the world but shit were not the worst either,i just enjoy playin infront of poeple who want to hear us play, so chi wise the fuck up and stop pickin fights with everyone all the time be more thick skinned would ya gotta learn to take shit on the chin.and before you bitch at me tomorrow and get all pissed of im just sayin that stuff you say on here makes us all look stupid and i dont like to be made to look stupid i can do that on my own.

this thread was only me askin a question about summit i didnt know about and ive got a feelin its gonna end up like all the other ones anyone from som gets involved in[/quote']

Back the FUCK OFF deek. i havent said anything to anyone in this thread to start a fight. how about "asshole motherfucker" of "go fuck yourself" said buy Deans, that could be starting a fight. i havent started a fight with anyone on this site in a long time. tell me. when the fuck did i start a fight?

Min you slaging me off on the net to all these people dosent earn there respect man, your just showing that our band is unstable as fuck, so think about what the fuck your saying befor you say it man. :down:

There's no point in having a manger until record companies are fighting over you. A manager doesn't do anything a band can't do for themselves IMO.

Thats not strictly true......

If there is a member (or members) of the band who have the confidence, determination, time and inclination to push/pull/drag/kick and coax a band along then thats fine, but there is nothing wrong with having someone else do it for you.

You have to remember that during the early stages of a bands development a manager will be someone who does it for the love because unless you are a working covers band you dont make money, a friend or family member is the best bet.

fair enough' date=' we hade about 250 people there, WE raised 650 at 3 a ticket (plus all the bands and there bitches). tunnels can hold 350, the place was packed the fuck out. 90% of the people who were there we hade never seen befor, because of good promotion by us[/quote']

wasnt their about 4 other bands playing this show, maybe the other 90 percent were their followers, and your taking the credit for the cash raised, if im thinking of the same show (apologys if im wrong) element 106 and identity were playing,

identity take alot of people around 50 to their shows and element are one of aberdeens biggest metal bands

Back the FUCK OFF deek. i havent said anything to anyone in this thread to start a fight. how about "asshole motherfucker" of "go fuck yourself" said buy Deans' date=' that could be starting a fight. i havent started a fight with anyone on this site in a long time. tell me. when the fuck did i start a fight?

Min you slaging me off on the net to all these people dosent earn there respect man, your just showing that our band is unstable as fuck, so think about what the fuck your saying befor you say it man. :down:[/quote']

It isnt often but chis right, why do you always stick up for these jerks Dez and slag of chi without one single mention of deans and his post.

just statin!!

wasnt their about 4 other bands playing this show' date=' maybe the other 90 percent were their followers, and your taking the credit for the cash raised, if im thinking of the same show (apologys if im wrong) element 106 and identity were playing,

identity take alot of people around 50 to their shows and element are one of aberdeens biggest metal bands[/quote']

Yeah fair doos and no disrespect to Element 106 (who were awsome, well the half that i saw) alot people left after weeping jesus!!

Fuck knows why! my excuse was quite a good one for leavin early but thats all ill say about that.

If there is a member (or members) of the band who have the confidence' date=' determination, time and inclination to push/pull/drag/kick and coax a band along then thats fine, but there is nothing wrong with having someone else do it for you.

You have to remember that during the early stages of a bands development a manager will be someone who does it for the love because unless you are a working covers band you dont make money, a friend or family member is the best bet.[/quote']

Yep, I agree, there's unlikely to be anyone at this level doing it for money. A good manager should have more than just the ability to get a band somewhere on time, they should have some kind of media savvy, contacts or the type of personality who will be able to make them easily and some people are just a lot more persuasive than others.

Not all bands have someone who can do that, I also think there are advantages to having someone from outside involved in the management, not someone in the band as thereare always band politics and a good manager should be outside of that and help solve the problems.

At this level a manager should be a driver, a roadie, salesperson, someone who is media savvy and someone who knows the right people, or how to get to them.

It is also the most thankless task in music, the first to get blamed when things go wrong and very seldom credited when things go right.

Cheers

Stuart

At the moment I cant see why anyone would be interested in managing a band who's members can't refrain from arguing with each other publically tho, you need to show yourselves as a strong unit to anyone who might want to take you on, no-ones going to want to manage a band who are likely to fall apart within a few months of their hard work, and I would advise you in your hunt for a manager to not get too involved in other peoples negative comments, you'll do yourselves a lot of favours by keeping off of online arguements, leave that to your manager if you get one.

Cheers

Stuart

If there is a member (or members) of the band who have the confidence' date=' determination, time and inclination to push/pull/drag/kick and coax a band along then thats fine, but there is nothing wrong with having someone else do it for you.

[/quote']

True, I wasn't trying to imply that local bands having a manager was *bad*, some bands need someone outwith the band to steer the ship for sure.

danny i wasnt takin a pop as such but this is what i mean you take shit to heart i was only sayin cause when it gets said to yer face you go in a major strop and your never wrong i was just sayin thats all

#

am lust saying. DEEK you should think aBOUT WHAT YOU SAY.

I think you all should. Yer band are OK, but your behaviour on here and your own forum make you look like children. If people say something about you that you don't like, simply ignore it eh? Or you'll be forever known as a buncha pricks, no matter how great your band is. Just what I think, please don't get too excited about it.....

wasnt their about 4 other bands playing this show' date=' maybe the other 90 percent were their followers, and your taking the credit for the cash raised, if im thinking of the same show (apologys if im wrong) element 106 and identity were playing,

identity take alot of people around 50 to their shows and element are one of aberdeens biggest metal bands[/quote']

yeh man they were, thats not what am sayin, nobody was there to see us alone, and the crowd fuckin loved it, it was ace. the bassist from E 106 said he was jealous of how we played that night because we entertained the crowd best, i think we played ace. same with all the bands man.

At the moment I cant see why anyone would be interested in managing a band who's members can't refrain from arguing with each other publically tho' date=' you need to show yourselves as a strong unit to anyone who might want to take you on, no-ones going to want to manage a band who are likely to fall apart within a few months of their hard work, and I would advise you in your hunt for a manager to not get too involved in other peoples negative comments, you'll do yourselves a lot of favours by keeping off of online arguements, leave that to your manager if you get one.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

thats my point man, Deek, man if you have a problem with me tell me, dont post on here making all of us look like fuckin kids.