aberdeen-music

3 slots for the loft practice base

Guest RomanChoke

Guest RomanChoke

I have one confirmed band for my new practice place excluding my own and I'm looking for another 3 at the most to practice. Depending on your bands social status It'll be around 50 for a month. The base includes an armchair, bass cabinet 250 watts, bass amp 300watts, guitar cabinet 200 watts, full drumkit, temporary PA system which works fair to midling. Double glazing, heater. The base has a seperate access pojnt from the back and is easy enough to get things up and down the stairs.

If anyone is interested then text me 07719 369700.

Guest highroller

You see....At least i answer all queries for you "lock up" people...if i cant come and help you with something I always send someone who can.....I also always answer the phone or at least call you back straight away...Oh lock up people there will another new mic and a couple of new xlr leads in March as well and the Rebel Jellybeans are in on a Monday starting March the 1st...two all girl bands now....its gonna start smelling nice in there at least....!

Guest highroller

Look with regards to the PA...it wasnt just all talk!! We were meant to be...My dad is in Singapore for the indefinite future...until I speak to him again im afraid its the one thats there to be honest...surely in the lock up the brass is loud enough as it is...how loud are you playing your guitars??? Forgive me but if you can hear toms and a bass drum under guitars then you can hear brass Rach??? Maybe im wrong!

Guest highroller

Look!

I understand! The pa in there is pretty good. Im responding to your needs...you (ten easy) need another mic so im getting one at the start of March....The pa im looking at is 1200...gimme time goddammit!!

The lock up costs me 300 a month!! I get paid 380 a month from all the bands!! ...not thats its any of your business!!

You do the math!!

mondays band 70 tuesdays band 70 wednesday's band dont pay as the PA belongs to thier manager so we struck a pretty good deal thursday band 70 friday band 70 ok then i get 23 pound off Craig and Blair (I dont play as that would be silly as I just cover the cos by paying the 300 my self and about 20 off each member of weapon) so all in all I aint making much money off of it yeah??

I have plenty of bands on a waiting list wanting to come in...gonna stop moaning...you could have someone alot worse running it...beleive me!!

If you want out any of you then let me know....

Guest highroller

No, ok, sorry!

I didnt mean it like that but im trying to do the best I can you know!!

Every week I go in there and its full of empty crisp packets and bottles etc....I dont mind people eating in there but I do put binbags at the door for a reason...*disclaimer* i'm not accusing anyone!

I (with the help of Craig and Blair sometimes) go around and tidy all that shit up!

No one else has to do this...when I took it over in October I bought straight away two new mics and some new cables...now im told we need another mic...its coming...start of march...Big Bad owns that PA in there but wants to sell...then we all would be screwed so I spoke to my dad and we are buying that pa for 450 so we still have one...

I took the lock up over for a few reasons...Its an awesome rehearsal place where bands can also store equipment. I like the fact that bands develop by having heaps of time to rehearse. Of course my two bands still get to rehearse there which was something i didnt want to lose!

Of course I want bands to tell me if they arent happy with anything and ill do my best to sort it...generally everyone is happy...im glad.

I do only make about 80 a month out of it....its worth it though!