aberdeen-music

favorite _____ band

Teabags

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khanate!? Sludge!? I pity the foo'! Khanate ain't no sludge!

Khanate's a strange brand of Drone Doom... well' date=' if you want to call it that. In fact, it's better just to leave it at Khanate. Yeah. That's it. Leave it right there, as it is.

Boris are fucking amazing, but I'd agree with you, they aren't really sludge.[/quote']

yeh, fair enough, khanate ain't sludge, but i've never heard a band play so slow. I can't work out how they keep time. New album out soon (27th) but its been leaked on all the p2ps as any fan will know. And yeh, up the old man gloom, lookin' forward to their next one.

p.s okay, i know how they keep time, but its a mindset, like a vision of what the music is in their heads, and 20 mins of that, some must just be improv. Great band in my opinion though:)

Guest Page 99
sludge......?

Yeah, it's that radioactive stuff you see in some zombie films which oozes out and covers corpses and people bringing them to life as hideously disfigured zombies. You also get creatures made of it. Or so I am led to believe.

Otherwise it's a style of music. A good idea would be to download a track from one of the bands mentioned here... might give you an idea what 'sludge' is.

yeh' date=' fair enough, khanate ain't sludge, but i've never heard a band play so slow. I can't work out how they keep time. New album out soon (27th) but its been leaked on all the p2ps as any fan will know.[/quote']

27th of August! Fuck me, I must have my head up my ass, this is the second time this year that one of my favourite bands has scheduled a release that I've completely missed. The first was Catch 33 by Meshuggah, but I only missed the release of that by a few days.

Shit, off to find details of that then.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Not my favourite genre, but I like some of it now and again. Some stuff in the collection includes Boris, Grief, Eyehategod, 13, Gasp and Corrupted. Corrupted are the slowest thing I've heard, anything even slower than "Paso Inferior" out there?

right' date=' time for everyones favourtie sludge band of the moment.

my money is on Iron Monkey, Pale Horse and Acid bath.

I dunno, ir eckon the closest genre Acid Bath come under is sludge,.

PS is what the alphabet would look lik if you removed if Q and R were removed

PPS im drunk

PPPS I love Mitch Hedberg[/quote']

The new pale horse ep is fucking shit. I hate it :|

The previous one was awesome though

Lazarus blackstar and paul catten rule!!

Bongzilla' date=' high on fire, early mistress. Halo, not sure if they are classed as sludge tho[/quote']Is Paul Catten the guy the vocalist from Medulla Nocte now doing vox for LB?? He is good, but the new Lazarus Blackstar EP, those songs were written by Khang with their vocalist, then never released. Then, LB, since it was the same abnd but different vocalist, used them. And to be honest, I preferred the songs with Khang doing them.

Is Paul Catten the guy the vocalist from Medulla Nocte now doing vox for LB?? He is good' date=' but the new Lazarus Blackstar EP, those songs were written by Khang with their vocalist, then never released. Then, LB, since it was the same abnd but different vocalist, used them. And to be honest, I preferred the songs with Khang doing them.[/quote']

Not sure if he was involved in MN, but he's done vocals for co-exist, murder one

well, most of the members from Filthpact know Bri from Lazarus Blackstar/Doom so when they're ready to tour, I'm sure we may be able to get them to Aberdeen.

Not sure if he was involved in MN' date=' but he's done vocals for co-exist, murder one[/quote']Yeah, thats the guy.

Lazurus Blackstar i keep hearing this name with Paul Catton and a referance to Doom

Tell Me More...

Lazarus Blackstar are a slow and heavy doom/sludge band. Originally Khang, with a more melodic vocalist and Bri from Doom playing in them, they then changed the name to Lazarus Blackstar when they changed vocalists to Paul Catten. incidentally, Lazarus Blackstar was originally the name of one of the songs Khang has on the new EP which didnt get released, now the songs from that have stayed the same, but changed the names of the songs and the vocals to become the new Lazarus Blackstar EP.