aberdeen-music

Beecher + Norma Jean Tonight.

Born with Wings

Is there not some way for the monitors to be more secure on the stage at Kef? I mean, they're just sitting right on the edge with nothing really holding them in a safe place, the slightest nudge forward and it's on the floor. Shouldn't the be a little backwards L thing ( _| ) thing that could keep the monitors on the stage more securely?

Originally posted by torn:

Is there not some way for the monitors to be more secure on the stage at Kef? I mean, they're just sitting right on the edge with nothing really holding them in a safe place, the slightest nudge forward and it's on the floor. Shouldn't the be a little backwards L thing ( _| ) thing that could keep the monitors on the stage more securely?

No. The venue is not just used for gigs, such an arrangement would be dangerous. As for 'the slightest nudge forward' bit, they've only fallen once to my knowledge.

to be fair the security guys weren't hassling anyone anymore than they would have been in the pit. they weren't so bothered with people touching the stage (as i managed to get away with it a few times during norma jeans set) as they were people being thrown off the monitors when it looked like it might get that way.

any photos of this then?

d-rail were awesome last time they were in aberdeen...complete with their driver, i guess, the guy in the yellow and black trucker cap on saturday night. he was air drumming and playing air bass all night at moshulu...it was most amusing.

Originally posted by gav_revolt:

had that tonight in edinburgh, didnt know where to look.

d-rail are one of the best hardcore bands i've seen in the last 6 months,

anyone else find this statement strange, just the whole 6 months thing, it seem strange to me, i would expect "d-rail are on of the best hardcore bands ive seen" or "d-rail are on of the best hardcore bands ive seen in a long time."

but 6 months?can bands from the first 6 months be compared with bands from the second 6 months? whats with 6 months?