aberdeen-music

The best punk band in the UK finally comes to Aberdeen

The Freaks Union: "The best band in the UK" says I. And I'm not just saying this, I've seen these a heap of times and they will totally blow you away. Since 1996, these have been one of the hardest touring bands in the UK and following tours with Rancid, Suicide Machines, DRI, Strike Anywhere, Capdown, Howards Alias, Break the Silence and becoming signed to Deck Cheese Records, it's finally starting to pay off. Ex-members of Whizzwood and The Dead Pets appear in this band. Think Anti-Flag, Rancid, Strike Anywhere, Propagandhi, Thrice and Leatherface if they all had a gangbang and came from the streets of Hull. They can be seen opening this years Leeds Festival and we're putting them on in Aberdeen just a few days before.

"They'll blow your bollocks off live, I shit you not". 4/5 (Chip) Headwound DIY Fanzine.

"Solid song structuring, killer riffage, well thought out and executed backing vocals and sharp drumming. Add to all this some intelligent lyrics and a classy design job and you've got one hell of a record here folks". 5/5 Artcore Fanzine

"It's not too far from the melodic aggro of ANTI-FLAG but with a less overtly political stance, the lyrics being more a mix of the personal and observational that brings to mind the sadly defunct LEATHERFACE." - Kerrang KKKKs

"It's not often you get to hear a U.K punk band who can come up with the goods and give the big boys across the pond a run for their money' but Hulls FREAKS UNION have done exactly that." - Big Cheese 4/5

if you don't believe me, you can hear em: www.myspace.com/thefreaksunion or www.freaksunion.cjb.net

support comes from:

Heroic Doses: An amazing melodic punk band from Brighton who have a hint of Snuff about them www.myspace.com/heroicdoses

The Planeteers: Aberdeens punk 'n'roll superheroes www.myspace.com/planeteers

Identity: Funky rock like Incubus etc

@Moorings Bar

Saturday 20th August 2005

8pm- 12am, 4 door tax

FUCK AYE

saw them last year

amazing

will deff go to this....but in arbroath :p

x

i was at that too. it was a great gig. i want to see that band The Boneheads play again, they were ace. was you at the party afterwards with them? i was but i cant remember who i met

State of Affairs bassist is in Greece. The line-up will now be:

The Freaks Union

Heroic Doses

The Planeteers

The Upstarts

If you havent seen the upstarts, they play ska punk like Against All Authority or quite a few ska bands on Asian Man. Really fuckin good. Overall, this gig will be wonderful and you'll be kickin yourself if you miss Freaks Union.