aberdeen-music

Tape/CD swap club.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I throw enough mud some of it's bound to stick.

And with that i'll go as far to say that crafty cunt Malcolm has them all. Why else would he go abroad so suddenly after the CD swap deteriorated? eh? eh? ANSWER ME!?

I've got that one by Funky Monkey or whatever in my bedroom at home' date=' but on reflection, I don't recall having ever seen a member of this website with that username. So perhaps it was some sort of cd virus that slowly killed off the swap; this FM cd was thrown in by a bent member of the chain who wished to see the whole operation die from the inside. [b']But who?

Ollie.

I've got that one by Funky Monkey or whatever in my bedroom at home' date=' but on reflection, I don't recall having ever seen a member of this website with that username. So perhaps it was some sort of cd virus that slowly killed off the swap; this FM cd was thrown in by a bent member of the chain who wished to see the whole operation die from the inside. [b']But who?

Ollie.

very mature there, why am i bent?

Guest tv tanned

Can I suggest that we try the whole group meet and basically everyone just swaps tapes randomly, thereby eliminating the need to rely on the unreliables?

If ten people show up one week, and only six the next, then at least everyone gets the chance to swap a tape with someone.

I notice that this thread, like the swap club, has come unstuck!

guffaw guffaw snort

Can I suggest that we try the whole group meet and basically everyone just swaps tapes randomly' date=' thereby eliminating the need to rely on the unreliables?

If ten people show up one week, and only six the next, then at least everyone gets the chance to swap a tape with someone.

I notice that this thread, like the swap club, has come unstuck!

guffaw guffaw snort[/quote']

You suggested this before but that would be harder to organise than what we've been doing all along. Like I said, not everyone is free at the weekend, or evenings. I just don't think it would work, there'd be too many people leaving messages saying "oh i really wanna be in it but i can't meet up today"

I think if we do it again we should eliminate anyone who doesn't pass on a cd in the first week immediately. That'll show the fuckers!

Guest tv tanned

but the point is that it doesn't need everyone to be there in order to work, because you don't follow a set order of lineage.

Basically if five people turn up one week, they swap among themselves, if ten people turn up next week they do likewise.

As long as everyone makes a tape/CD then it cannot fail, because there will always be swaps available.

Plus it is a social bonus as well as folk get together for a while and chat.

But if the bird won't fly, then the bird won't fly. :(

but the point is that it doesn't need everyone to be there in order to work' date=' because you don't follow a set order of lineage.

Basically if five people turn up one week, they swap among themselves, if ten people turn up next week they do likewise.

As long as everyone makes a tape/CD then it cannot fail, because there will always be swaps available.

Plus it is a social bonus as well as folk get together for a while and chat.

But if the bird won't fly, then the bird won't fly. :([/quote']

I see what you're saying, but I just think that it would be more effort for people to meet up for a bit every week than to just meet one person to swap. Also, I think it would end up with people arguing over who's getting who's cd, instantly rejecting certain peoples for no real reason. I just think it's best for everyone involved if we keep the same list format and pass to the same person every week. To be honest, I still can't believe it failed so fast after everyone was so keen to get involved.

But if people want to meet up every week, that's fine by me.

I'd just like to back that up by clarifying my situation. I work 4-12 3/4 nights a week but am always free during the day, when most people have classes or a proper job, I'd be gutted if I couldn't go to meetings some weeks and have to keep certain cd's for 2 or 3 weeks just because I couldn't go, but I'm also not prepared to dictate the meetings around when I'm not working.

Plus, it would be a bit of an effort to meet up with everyone in town when I could easily pass to Jimr at work, or Paul who I see most days anyways.

But lets see what most people say, if everyone would prefer to meet up and swap every week then lets go for that.