aberdeen-music

Computer question...lolololol

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

okay seriously, maybe someone can help me out here...

when i install a shareware program, it means that after a certain period of time or other kind of limit, you need to register the program and all that...of course, i might not want to do that so i remove it and install it again. but then, the shareware program is already used to the limit so that i would HAVE to register. but you know, its a program. it doesn't know just if by magic when you have used it up the program or when you have re-installed it...

see what im getting at?

so somewhere in the instalation progress, the program must keep a log of what i've done with it. i would assume it would make an entry into a registry key in the computer. fair enough, i found the relevant key entries and deleted them, hoping that if i installed the program again, it wouldn't know that i've already used that program. but that wasn't quite the case.

so, my question is, does anyone know in which of the HKEY folders entries of instalations are kept? i deleted one of those folders, but since i couldnt use the program like on the first time, there must be like a secondary entry kept somewhere else...i just cant find it!

any help would be returned with unconditional love ;)

oo i was needing a computer type help thread .

im moving into a flat in sept and the girl who lives there already has broadband and a laptop. im probably buying a laptop and was wondering what ways are there for getting broadband on both the computers. either to be used at the same time or not. just cause id need the internet and feel weird using peoples personal computers for it

im moving into a flat in sept and the girl who lives there already has broadband and a laptop. im probably buying a laptop and was wondering what ways are there for getting broadband on both the computers. either to be used at the same time or not. just cause id need the internet and feel weird using peoples personal computers for it

you'd be best getting a modem/router, if you have wireless capabilities on your laptops i'd reconmend getting a wireless one, although you'd have to connect with a cable to set it up.

You should be able to use her broadband connection by just installing the drivers for her current modem and swapping the cable, cost 0 but may lead to "You use the internet more than me so why should I pay half" type arguments.

If one or both laptops has wireless installed you might be better getting a wireless router/modem, as the man said. You should be able to use it from just about anywhere in the flat (couch,bedroom) and you'll both be able to use it at the same time.Cost~80 but have some geeky mates on standby cos wireless can be frustrating at times.

you'd be best getting a modem/router' date=' if you have wireless capabilities on your laptops i'd reconmend getting a wireless one, although you'd have to connect with a cable to set it up.[/quote']

I use this: Wanadoo Wireless & Talk.

It includes a wireless router known as a "livebox", a USB 2.0 wireless adapter and a straight through rj45 network cable - so you can connect to the internet on a second pc.

The package I have is a bit expensive, considering there's a download limit so in the near future, I will be going back to normal broadband and setting up a home network with ICS.

Guest onlynik
I use this: Wanadoo Wireless & Talk.

It includes a wireless router known as a "livebox"' date=' a USB 2.0 wireless adapter and a straight through rj45 network cable - so you can connect to the internet on a second pc.

The package I have is a bit expensive, considering there's a download limit so in the near future, I will be going back to normal broadband and setting up a home network with ICS.[/quote']

Wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

Try this http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/networking/productView.htm?quicklinx=311V

Adsl router plus free pcmcia card for your laptop. There is also a version with a USB wireless adaptor.