aberdeen-music

Why...

Guest tv tanned

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Saturday -

2 guys approach the door, one looks pretty young, the other looks about 21.

Doorman asks young looking one for ID and recieves a passport making him 19

Older one says 'Do you want to see my ID too'?

Doorman says 'I wasn't going to but as you're offering I'll have a look'

Doorman says 'Hang on a minute, this driving license makes you 17 for another 2 weeks'

Guy looks sheepish and shuffles off.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Last Saturday -

2 guys approach the door' date=' one looks pretty young, the other looks about 21.

Doorman asks young looking one for ID and recieves a passport making him 19

Older one says 'Do you want to see my ID too'?

Doorman says 'I wasn't going to but as you're offering I'll have a look'

Doorman says 'Hang on a minute, this driving license makes you 17 for another 2 weeks'

Guy looks sheepish and shuffles off.[/quote']

While this was going on, two 15 year old chicks slipped in and headed straight to the bar, got some drinks... :cheers:

Two hours later, one of them was chucked out and left to fend for herself, incapable of walking, alone and with no clue as to where or who she was.

While this was going on' date=' two 15 year old chicks slipped in and headed straight to the bar, got some drinks... :cheers:

Two hours later, one of them was chucked out and left to fend for herself, incapable of walking, alone and with no clue as to where or who she was.[/quote']

Yes thats right, although we prefer to throw them out the back into a dark alley after taking their wallet and phone.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Yes thats right' date=' although we prefer to throw them out the back into a dark alley after taking their wallet and phone.[/quote']

Well, some of that last part is true, I've witnessed it with my own 'sober' eyes.

Bouncers chucked a very pissed young girl on to the street and left her there.

DISGRACE!

:down: .

So, if some idiot has too much to drink what would you suggest we do?

Last time I can remember the girl was asked to leave and then we went and told her friends, one of whom came out and took her to a taxi. Aside from asking them to leave and telling there friends I don't see what else there is to do.

Perhaps you'd like to leave your number so we can give you a ring to come pick up anyone who has had to much to drink.

Then again perhaps you have no real idea what happened at all, and are using scant knowledge to make unfounded claims on a message board.

Guest Zeenat Aman
So' date=' if some idiot has too much to drink what would you suggest we do?

Last time I can remember the girl was asked to leave and then we went and told her friends, one of whom came out and took her to a taxi. Aside from asking them to leave and telling there friends I don't see what else there is to do.

Perhaps you'd like to leave your number so we can give you a ring to come pick up anyone who has had to much to drink.

Then again perhaps you have no real idea what happened at all, and are using scant knowledge to make unfounded claims on a message board.[/quote']

Or perhaps it's true, you just dont care, or even know about it!?

Guest tv tanned

In fairness to Moshulu Rob, if a 15 year old is out drinking in town, what difference does it make if she is ejected from the premises (and rightly so) and left to find her own way home, or leaves the premises herself and has to do so?

It is not the responsibility of the venue to make sure people get home OK. If under-18s want to take their chances in town, then they should be prepared for being chucked out onto the streets when they get caught.

Guest Zeenat Aman
In fairness to Moshulu Rob' date=' if a 15 year old is out drinking in town, what difference does it make if she is ejected from the premises (and rightly so) and left to find her own way home, or leaves the premises herself and has to do so?

It is not the responsibility of the venue to make sure people get home OK. If under-18s want to take their chances in town, then they should be prepared for being chucked out onto the streets when they get caught.[/quote']

I disagree, for various reasons...

But it doesn't matter.

:)

they have a responsibilty to an extent

maybe not in that case, but say they are far to drunk and actually colapsing then they should make sure they are safe. but at risking your licence? i would probably just through them out too. i mean if you phoned the police to take them home you'd get busted for serving them drink

in another instance at my old work, one of our security staff got taking in by the police for one night cause there had been a fight and they left one of the guys to wonder off when he was bleeding.

normally we did take them in and clean them up, make sure they didnt need hospital treatment. all the other clubs would just throw the away. even if it was like a bottle smashed over their head

Guest neil ex
In fairness to Moshulu Rob' date=' if a 15 year old is out drinking in town, what difference does it make if she is ejected from the premises (and rightly so) and left to find her own way home, or leaves the premises herself and has to do so?

It is not the responsibility of the venue to make sure people get home OK. If under-18s want to take their chances in town, then they should be prepared for being chucked out onto the streets when they get caught.[/quote']

So you're saying if an underager is let into a club then later thrown out onto the streets for being too drunk, the venue shouldn't take any responsibility at all?

I'm guessing you were responding to what Philip was saying.. (whether his story happened or not)

So you're saying if an underager is let into a club then later thrown out onto the streets for being too drunk' date=' the venue shouldn't take any responsibility at all?

[/quote']

Why should the venue be responsible for an irresponsible person who shouldn't of been there in the first place?

Guest tv tanned
So you're saying if an underager is let into a club then later thrown out onto the streets for being too drunk' date=' the venue shouldn't take any responsibility at all?

I'm guessing you were responding to what Philip was saying.. (whether his story happened or not)[/quote']

More or less.

Are you saying that the venue is responsible for every individual who exits its doors in a state of inebriation?

If you or I were ejected (which we wouldn't be, because we are clearly upstanding citizens) would we expect the venue to find us a taxi? No, because we are adults.

If these kids want to go out and drink like adults, in pubs and clubs which cater for adults, then why should they be extended some sympathetic treatment when they have risked the license of a venue which is enjoyed by many?

I remember getting thrown out of the Aberdeen student union once and waking up in the hall of a flat off George Street by a disgruntled skier pissed off she couldn't get down her stairs for the drunken 15 year old covered in piss and puke. I told her to complain to the students union. It would have only been polite for them to have called a cab and thrown me the fare I say :D

That was one of those one minute I'm being mouthy with a bouncer the next I'm waking up several hour later situations which happened all too often in my youth...I'd love to know what happened during the time I can't remember....

Guest neil ex
More or less.

Are you saying that the venue is responsible for every individual who exits its doors in a state of inebriation?

That's not what I'm saying at all..

I'm saying surely the venue have a responsibility to make sure that minors don't enter their premises in the first place. That's all I'm saying.

If an underager gets served alcohol in a pub, whether underager gets into a state of inebriation or not, it's the venue that are at fault..

Some venues ID people' date=' regardless if they look over 18 or not[/quote']

i think everywhere should do that.. it's not that hard to ask for someone to get their ID out, and i certainly wouldn't complain about it if it meant i didnt need to be in the same place as an inebriated child.

Fair enough I've been to Slains and the Priory and been ID'ed, that's fine when I see people older than me having the same done to them. It's not fine when I see girls walking in/out who are clearly 16 or under, and have underagers telling me about their exploits in town and boasting about not getting ID'ed

If these kids want to go out and drink like adults' date=' in pubs and clubs which cater for adults, then why should they be extended some sympathetic treatment when they have risked the license of a venue which is enjoyed by many?[/quote']

Because this is what kids do. When you're under 18, you go out and try to drink anyway. Who can possibly say that they didn't get that incredible buzz of being 16 and getting in to a club or a bar with your mates whenever you're all underage. Its part of being a teenager and growing up for the vast majority. I'm 20 now but I don't mind seeing underagers in bars as long as they don't act the dick.

Mike

Because this is what kids do. When you're under 18' date=' you go out and try to drink anyway. Who can possibly say that they didn't get that incredible buzz of being 16 and getting in to a club or a bar with your mates whenever you're all underage. Its part of being a teenager and growing up for the vast majority. I'm 20 now but I don't mind seeing underagers in bars as long as they don't act the dick.

Mike[/quote']

well said.