aberdeen-music

T in the park early tickets all sold out

Marc

To be fair' date=' they went on sale at 9am and there were only 20,000 up for grabs just now, so not surprising they went within 5 or so hours.[/quote']

To be fair, it took 3 weeks to sell that amount when they sold the earlybird tickets last year, so yeah i think it is quite surprising

Guest bluesxman
To be fair' date=' it took 3 weeks to sell that amount when they sold the earlybird tickets last year, so yeah i think it is quite surprising[/quote']

Aye but see above post on e-Bay wankers. Getting tickets for big events will always be a nightmare now. Don't take offence chief, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass!

I didn't get last year without knowing the line up and struggled to get tickets in the end, luckily a friend ended up with spares which were sold at cost price in exchange for a lift. Nearly missed a line up to kill for, not taking the chance again. If it ends up pish, ah well....

As was proved by the numerous messages posed about the 2005 line up there' s bound to be something there you like.

With no Glastonbury next year & the extended coverage on the BBC then it's safe to say that it'll sell out well before half the bands are announced.

Safest thing to do is buy a ticket then if the line isn't what you'd hoped for then to sell it on.

So that is Big Day Out Ltd incorporating DF Concerts netting 2,300,000 in 3 hours.

Not bad.

Add the interest on that for 360 days and you are looking at a rather nice figure.

I expect Kaiser Cheifs to play the Main Stage as sub headliners next year and Mylo to figure along with Idlewild. Franz are a certainty to headline in my opinion.

I`d also be surprised if The White Stripes or the Strokes didn`t play.

That`s my tupence worth.

So that is Big Day Out Ltd incorporating DF Concerts netting 2' date='300,000 in 3 hours.

Not bad.

Add the interest on that for 360 days and you are looking at a rather nice figure.

I expect Kaiser Cheifs to play the Main Stage as sub headliners next year and Mylo to figure along with Idlewild. Franz are a certainty to headline in my opinion.

I`d also be surprised if The White Stripes or the Strokes didn`t play.

That`s my tupence worth.[/quote']

There may be the added suprise of The Who, after Pete Townsend saying he enjoyed playing this year and would love to come back.

I hope that's all it bloody is.

the stone roses are legends and always will be, i would love to see them live and i think so would most people at t in the park coz we were in the campsite playing the roses really loud and my friend went to turn them off and about a hundred people shouted at her.

Who would you like to see headline like?

Welll it would be good if Pete Townsend gets his way and manages to take The Who up. not sure about any other bands depends on what's going on but the White Stripes would be another good choice. To be honest i would probably do the same as i did this year and just stay well away from the stone roses and the missing bloody link.

I really hope it doesn't end up being the killers or keane or kaiser chiefs.

I can understand why people like them but there not headlining bands, i cant believe there were so many people went to see kaiser chiefs when queens of the stone age were on at the same time, shows what a couple of pop hits can do

plus talks of making it a 3 day fest

That does not surprise me at all' date=' seeing as download just added an extra day and most the other festivals are three days.

The Darkness have a new album out at the end of this year as far as I'm aware, so assuming the singles go down well they could be contenders to headline.

God i hope not that was one of the biggest travisties of last year.

That does not surprise me at all' date=' seeing as download just added an extra day and most the other festivals are three days.[/quote']

And i wish they'd stop it. Making it Friday-Sunday means that if you work Monday-Friday you need the Friday off. That's assuming you're able to get there by setting off after 5pm on Thursday. It also means spreading the decent bands more thinly. Why not have two days full of really good bands rather than three days of a fair amount of good bands? I noticed T had an absolute shitload of stages this year. There must have been a huge choice as to who to watch at any given time. The times I've been to Leeds, I've found myself either going to the comedy tent (where I could barely make out any of the jokes) or back to the camp site, because there was absolutely nothing I wanted to see on the 3 or 4 main stages/tents they had.

Donnington used to be one day of premium rock acts. But of course, they can't charge 130 for one day.