aberdeen-music

Musicians Required for House Band

Flash@TMB

With all this new backline and monitors in place it would be a shame not to get more use out of them. So we'd like to recruit ~9 musicians into our house band. The deal is simple and straightforward - the house band get cost price drink all Sunday night and free admission to all our gigs... this is in addition to getting to play through some very nice kit.

The house band plays on Sunday nights from 7pm-midnight as part of the Dead Anyway thing. This also includes DJing and karaoke meaning the band get plenty of breaks in between playing.

Ideally we're looking for a couple of drummers, a couple of bass players, perhaps 3 guitarists, and 2 vocalists to give us plenty of cover. Any multitalented people would be a real bonus.

We have some house guitars and a bass but the house band should probably consider bringing their own instruments and leave ours to the randoms. Obviously we'll be using the full house kit, and the bar supplies the sticks (and even the odd guitar/bass string).

Come down and see either MTA or myself on Sunday evening if you're interested. It's all good fun.

I play guitars, quite well and I also play keyboards, not so well but i can manage reasonable parts, with some practice. I have my own gear but would be willing to use the in-house amps depending on the situation. I can do backing vocals but lead vocals are beyond me.

What sort of stuff would we be expected to play?

I wont be able to make it on Sunday night. I will be in England then.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night was an exceptionally good jam! Pretty much constant jamming from 8pm till close. The Engel sounds amazing - will be even better once it's footswitch arrives, and you really notice the new ceiling, much more so than we expected, at last we've tamed the drums!

14 jammers in total! Even Chiz went up.

Sundays are fast becoming my favourite night again.