Lawnmower Man

Wild Wild West

Titanic

The Avengers

Batman & Robin

Barbed Wire

Speed 2

Cheech and Chong (any)

These are just a few shite films that blow ass... WOTW isn't 1/10th as bad as any of these heavyweight shit-fests.[/quote']

:nono::nono::nono:

Raising Arizona is awesome!

War of the Worlds was very good

I havn't seen it...but I got told the ending.....which made me larf my ringer...Allergic to DNA' date=' after a million years of watching them .... DoH![/quote']

not quite alergic to DNA, just the bugs and virii that live in the air. (who happen to be made of DNA, as the sequence shows).

the whole point was, that man has evolved with the bugs and virii, enough for us to live in harmony with them, wheras invaders who are not used to breathing in the every day nasties we are, were killed by them.

another amazing bit' date=' the plane landing on the house, fewee, thankfully that debris didn't land on the car, and, oh, the little path that's still ok to drive on through the crash site...

[/quote']

Point, that was good, the shot with the plane all smashed up. But, it was subsequently made rubbish by Cruise striding out in his leather jacket and the scene with the annoyingly acted one dimensional "I'll do anything for a story" news reporter.

The fact that tourist boy's camcorder still worked also confused me immensely, and how all the cars had stopped in their tracks in the street, and yet all the cars on the freeway had been pulled to the sides of the road. Gah! And! How Nana and Granda had just been sitting on the couch in Boston for the past couple of days, ironing their cardigans and waiting to see if the kids showed up. After all the fuss that was made about the beautiful blossoming father-son relationship, it wasn't exactly rounded off at the end. So, the kids are going to drive away in Tim's nice new SUV whilst Ray takes them on the weekends. Yeah, Tim should have definately been vaporised.

Stupid film.

not quite alergic to DNA' date=' just the bugs and virii that live in the air. (who happen to be made of DNA, as the sequence shows).

the whole point was, that man has evolved with the bugs and virii, enough for us to live in harmony with them, wheras invaders who are not used to breathing in the every day nasties we are, were killed by them.[/quote']

When they're hiding in the basement you see 4 little aliens taking a drink from the leaking faucet. The only scene I noticed that made an obvious link to the final voiceover and the dowfall of that intergalactic scum.

Next time they should stick to the volvic.

not quite alergic to DNA' date=' just the bugs and virii that live in the air. (who happen to be made of DNA, as the sequence shows).

the whole point was, that man has evolved with the bugs and virii, enough for us to live in harmony with them, wheras invaders who are not used to breathing in the every day nasties we are, were killed by them.[/quote']

Seen as though you were a cunt in a previous thread, the plural of Virus is actually Viruses not Virii. And you'd have to be a complete nutsack to not know that Viruses aren't made up of DNA sequences as almost everything is made up of DNA in various formats.

Guest tv tanned

If people are stupid enough to go and see films which are clearly going to be rubbish (Spielberg hasn't done a good film since Saving Private Ryan, and even then he hadn't done anything notable for many years, and his previous collaboration with Cruise ruined a very good concept) then they get what they deserve.

Seen as though you were a cunt in a previous thread' date=' the plural of [b']Virus is actually Viruses not Virii. And you'd have to be a complete nutsack to not know that Viruses aren't made up of DNA sequences as almost everything is made up of DNA in various formats.

ooh.

sorry, thanks for that.

Why do most people require every film to end with a sense of 'closure'? Fair enough it was a rushed ending but it was only done because most spazzes would cry even more if he'd just finished with a Zoom out to space with all the humans being mashed up and then credits (which i think would have been a more suitable - and kick ass - ending). But everyone would be moaning and asking heaps of questions... Here's an idea, let andings be vague and draw your own conclusions.

On the 'Spielberg is shit' related note, i don't see how a directer can be shit because he 'can't finish films', as i said, he probably onlyrounds up a film to save getting more grief. It's fairly obvious in films like Minority Report and A.I. that he goes for spectacle, sci-fi and storytelling, who really cares how bad or fast the ending is when 95% of the film is deep fried gold?

why does there have to be a link?

There by no means has to be a link, but, personally, I think I'd have enjoyed it more if the film concentrated on one interesting idea than filling it with lots of vague elements. Why did they vaporise some humans, when they apparently sucked out their innards for sustinance? I remain stubbornly ignorant to much of, if not all that was good about this film. Films about human nature do it for me, not this spectacle, storytelling malark. I hear that it sticks fairly close to the book, but then I doubt I'd choose to read a book of this genre in the first place. In hindsight I should have saved my 6 and gone for another ice cream at the Washington Caf rather than see a film that's trailer didn't appeal to me, but then hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Guest MerryChristmas
I was wanting to see this film but I hate the "the guy gets the girl and kisses her in front of thousands of clapping people while covered in dust from all the gun fire and explosions" ending

There is no guy gets girl ending moment

Ah now I get it...think I'll wait till it's on t.v., whenever that may be!

Guest MerryChristmas
There was when I saw it.

Where did you see it? I saw it at vue there was certainly no girl gets guy at the end

There was however mother gets daughter, thats girl on girl if anything