aberdeen-music

The Descent

Guest tv tanned

Gah... erm... I'm busy with work... and stuff... I mean... yeah. Erm... *shifty glances*

Wouldn't that mean that Scott would have to be killed in a car crash first? I don't think I like that idea...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what the trailers made me think' date=' but i was wrong like you.[/quote']

It's the idea of spending a shave under 7 to go see something that looks so terrible (remember that I am not a student) when I could buy a good dvd for that/go and see something that just will be good.

Still have no wish to see it. You haven't told me how it is good.

It's the idea of spending a shave under 7 to go see something that looks so terrible (remember that I am not a student) when I could buy a good dvd for that/go and see something that just will be good.

Still have no wish to see it. You haven't told me how it is good.

If that's the case, you really shouldn't see the Wedding Crashers either, because that's pretty terrible, despite the reasons it shouldn't be (ie good cast including Vaugh, Wilson and Walken). A couple of funny moments, but a terrible, terrible script and WAY too long...

Didn't go into The Descent with too high expectations, but was very impressed, another good low(ish)-budget from Neil Marshall, and for someone who doesn't get scared during movies, there was still a couple of moments when I just thought 'Jesus!'

Plus I think they had the look of the creature just right for being pretty freaky; and despite the fact she was supposed to be a bitch, I loved the Juno character, even to the extent where I hoped the encounter with the blonde ex-mother at the end would go the other way around...

If that's the case' date=' you really shouldn't see the Wedding Crashers either, because that's pretty terrible, despite the reasons it shouldn't be (ie good cast including Vaugh, Wilson and Walken). A couple of funny moments, but a terrible, terrible script and WAY too long...

Didn't go into The Descent with too high expectations, but was very impressed, another good low(ish)-budget from Neil Marshall, and for someone who doesn't get scared during movies, there was still a couple of moments when I just thought 'Jesus!'

Plus I think they had the look of the creature just right for being pretty freaky; and despite the fact she was supposed to be a bitch, I loved the Juno character, even to the extent where I hoped the encounter with the blonde ex-mother at the end would go the other way around...[/quote']

Bah! I was praying the wedding crashers would be good (being a fan of the cast I was delighted to hear it was coming out) but I may give it a miss. Probably edge my other half to go see the descent (he has yet to see it) and then stare at the creatures some more - considering i mostly viewed them from between my fingers.

I hope when the DVD comes out there will be some fantastic special features. I want to learn more about the creatures.

I also favoured Juno over the blonde widow - the blonde widow was extremely irritating until she fell into the pit of blood... and seems to emerge as being better - I was pissed off with the result of their confrontation at the end, it just seemed a bit childish for the situation.

just saw it and i was shit scared. watched half the film through my t-shirt and at one point i thought i was gonna puke from the fear. fli$ and i are gonna get tanked tonite just so we can fall asleep.

*possible spoiler bit*

I actually screamed at the bit where one of the creatures just appeares standing right over one of their shoulders... completely motionless. (then bites the girl's friggin' neck in a heartbeat).

Almost shat myself.

There was enough of the comedy element in KFH to make up for the Crouching Tiger style martial arts nonsense.

I actually thought The Wedding Crashers was pretty funny as well. There were some brilliant one-liners and Isla Fisher and Vince Vaughn were fucking hilarious together on-screen. Christopher Walken was a bit of a disappointment tho.

*possible spoiler bit*

I actually screamed at the bit where one of the creatures just appeares standing right over one of their shoulders... completely motionless. (then bites the girl's friggin' neck in a heartbeat).

Almost shat myself.

Yes!!! Me too! That bit was fucking terrifying!!!

I think the film itself was so scary due to the fact it was set in a cave, had it been set in a forrest it would have been as scary as Scream. The idea of going down into a cave like that scares the shit out of me anyway, throw in some crazy women and flesh eating, ex-human, blind, bald salivating mutants that can hang from walls and scream like banshees and well, shitting bricks I believe is the appropriate term.

Swear to god, I have never spent so much time looking into a popcorn tub.

However, I did manage to get passed my terror enought to notice that the graphics were pretty poor!

Yes!!! Me too! That bit was fucking terrifying!!!

I think the film itself was so scary due to the fact it was set in a cave' date=' had it been set in a forrest it would have been as scary as Scream. The idea of going down into a cave like that scares the shit out of me anyway, throw in some crazy women and flesh eating, ex-human, blind, bald salivating mutants that can hang from walls and scream like banshees and well, shitting bricks I believe is the appropriate term.

Swear to god, I have never spent so much time looking into a popcorn tub.

However, I did manage to get passed my terror enought to notice that the graphics were pretty poor![/quote']

My favourite "poor graphics" moment was when they first jump into the cave and disturb some bats and the bats fly up and out the cave...

that's verging on comedy... it's sooo bad. I actually laughed at that bit.

it's shit scary. the bit with the ice pick through her friend was one of those moments where you know it's gonna happen and it just makes you wish she'd paused.

the bats flying out of the cave is tremendous. sheer comedy!

i liked the little nods to 'carrie' as well, with the bload soaked woman and the hand coming out of the ground and stuff.

and as for wedding crashers, it's tremendous!!! seen it twice and still laughed as hard the second time. the bit where he goes to visit chaz is fantastic!!

spoons

/x

Guest bluesxman

Finally got round to seeing it on Saturday evening. Twas OK, shite ending.

Really wish the beastie things were in the cinema and latched onto the sounds of the couple sitting along from me who talked all the way through. Could have done with seeing their jugulars being torn out.

Why pay 6.20 to speak through a film? I'm really being put off the cinema now, EVERY time we go there is some nadsack sitting nearby talking/kicking seats/generally being a fucktoad. :down:

Finally got round to seeing it on Saturday evening. Twas OK' date=' shite ending.

Really wish the beastie things were in the cinema and latched onto the sounds of the couple sitting along from me who talked all the way through. Could have done with seeing their jugulars being torn out.

Why pay 6.20 to speak through a film? I'm really being put off the cinema now, EVERY time we go there is some nadsack sitting nearby talking/kicking seats/generally being a fucktoad. :down:[/quote']

That happens to me a lot. One time I went and then shouted "you know what would be great? If some assholes went and sat behind me and talked constantly... oh wait" then turn around and look at them.

Depending on their age... they either stop or get worse.

I'm tempted to cgo and report people like that and say that I think they are recording the film with their phones... then they'll get hauled out for a reasonable length of time :D

Guest bluesxman
That happens to me a lot. One time I went and then shouted "you know what would be great? If some assholes went and sat behind me and talked constantly... oh wait" then turn around and look at them.

Depending on their age... they either stop or get worse.

I'm tempted to cgo and report people like that and say that I think they are recording the film with their phones... then they'll get hauled out for a reasonable length of time :D

You know, I used to think kids were worst, but at least glowering at them/their parents generally triggers momentary relief - my girlfriend caught the girls eye with a look to say shut the hell up and it made no odds, bitch just kept yakking. I think an attendant type should be siting inside the cinema like they used to to ask for quiet.