aberdeen-music

Straight Edge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funny that people find straight-edge so offensive. Fair enough' date=' if they're getting in your face and preaching at you then you have every right to be pissed off but for crying out loud, why we just leave people to do what they want and respect their choices?[/quote']

Agreed, i think there is far to much prejudice towards people who decide to become straight edge. I think Lester Burnham would have something to say if people started challenging her for making the choice to drink and smoke, a tad hypocritical i think.

Agreed' date=' i think there is far to much prejudice towards people who decide to become straight edge. I think Lester Burnham would have something to say if people started challenging her for making the choice to drink and smoke, a tad hypocritical i think.[/quote']

Not that I do either that much anyways.

But I do get challenged for my choice in smoking. I smoke less than 10 a month and I still get a lot of hassle for it.

I'm certainly not challenging people's choices... it's just the way that the stereotypical "straight-edge" person presents themself. I say do what you want but you don't need to preach or tattoo the goddamn thing on your face so that when people speak or look at you they have to "notice" that it's what you are. People aren't billboards for gods sake.

Guest bluesxman

Did straight edge not originate from Minor Threat and their song of the same name? Not that I know much about it but i'm sure the person who originated it as his personal belief meant it. Shame that his beliefs are tarnished by a bunch of sheep who adopt it as a trendy fad. Well done to anyone who sticks with it though. Managed to give up the fags about 8 years ago but couldn't ditch the beer.

No dissing Ray Cappo you fucks! "Mantra" is one of my favourite albums ever, and I listened to it repeatedly the week it came out. One of the best gigs I saw was them on the Matra tour. Cappo was a hyperactive GOD! (Or Buddha). Funniest bit was when Ray got everyone to sit down while he told us about being good to one aother, while my pissed mate, the only man in the Venue sanding, yells "Who WANTS A PINT!" as I drag him to the floor.....

these teen straight edgers...

aren't they too ugly to get a shag' date='

too stupid to get any fags

too young to get served

and too scared to buy drugs.

So in a misguided attempt at retaining their street cool, they say I don't shag/do drugs/drink/smoke out of a choice.

yeah right!

Pete[/quote']

wow yea you are sooo spot on dude ;)

btw jim with the "each to own" statement. totally spot on man :up: