aberdeen-music

THE BLACKLIST - it starts again!

The Ghost Of Fudge

in anticipation of fudge entering their seventh year of cutting-edge publications and highly-entertaining gigs, i thought i'd start a new BLACKLIST :D

if you piss us off by pulling out of gigs at short notice, etc, you'll be added, publicly humiliated, and put to death.

THE BLACKLIST SO FAR:

one of EVERWICKED's guitarists, for choosing an air show over a gig. rock and roll kids.

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

everwicked, everwicked, everwicked.

although everwicked have just pulled out of this months fudgenight, i've decided not to blacklist them. their drummer has gone AWOL, joined another band, and refuses to play the gig. so i won't hold those remaining members responsible for his behaviour. and at least they gave me 10 days warning.... :)

i will have to blacklist one of their guitarists though: he's decided he's "going to the leuchers air show", and can't play the gig anyway. rock n roll.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only in Stonehaven have we ever been black booked and quite unfarily I might add.

The week before one of the shows I broke my leg in a car accident, and then the next time, Our drummer buggerd off to Italy for 2 weeks and didnt bother to telling us.

Never black booked to Fudge, GFN, or AUBL.

Pretty good track record in Aberdeen anyway...

But you watch, me saying that has probably put the kiss of death on me, and we'll get black booked by everyone and never play in Aberdeen again.

By the way Big Bad, when will the Mr. Onz be playing again... would be great to see you lot live again!

:up:

Guest bluesxman
where the hell would you get black booked in Stoney? And more to the point why would you care?

The only places that put on gigs are O'Malleys and a couple of other pubs and it's all of the cover band variety.

That's what I thought! O'Malley's is the only pub i've seen putting on bands for some time. But then I don't exactly keep an eye on what bands may happen to play in this lovely little town.....

Guest bluesxman
where the hell would you get black booked in Stoney? And more to the point why would you care?

The only places that put on gigs are O'Malleys and a couple of other pubs and it's all of the cover band variety.

That's what I thought! O'Malley's is the only pub i've seen putting on bands for some time. But then I don't exactly keep an eye on what bands may happen to play in this lovely little town.....

Well see thats why you wouldn't know where they put on gigs in Stonehaven. Ma Simpsons guitar and music shop puts on gigs in Stonehaven at the Romanies club for all kinds of bands and musicians and from what ive heard its pretty good. There is also a live outdoor festival for bands at mineral well park aswell.

But yeh, up until about the begining of summer O'Malleys was the only place in Stonehaven that did really put on bands, and yes they were cover bands. And for your information, no, I couldnt really give a toss about getting black booked in stonehaven in all honesty. Me telling you guys this was more from a humerous point of view than a serious one. :)

Ma Simpsons guitar and music shop puts on gigs in Stonehaven at the Romanies club for all kinds of bands and musicians and from what ive heard its pretty good. There is also a live outdoor festival for bands at mineral well park aswell

o_O

Wow the things you miss when you move away from home, even if it just 20 mins away.

Guest bluesxman
Well see thats why you wouldn't know where they put on gigs in Stonehaven. Ma Simpsons guitar and music shop puts on gigs in Stonehaven at the Romanies club for all kinds of bands and musicians and from what ive heard its pretty good. There is also a live outdoor festival for bands at mineral well park aswell.

But yeh' date=' up until about the begining of summer O'Malleys was the only place in Stonehaven that did really put on bands, and yes they were cover bands. And for your information, no, I couldnt really give a toss about getting black booked in stonehaven in all honesty. Me telling you guys this was more from a humerous point of view than a serious one. :)[/quote']

If you are talking about the Thursday nights in what is now Shiro's nightclub (!!!) I was under the impression this is intended more as an open mic/jam type affair although the folk from Ma Simpsons man the stage when no-one else is getting up. I've only been the once, was OK. The bouncer kicked me off the drum kit for playing along to Don't You Forget About Me when the DJ started up, ha ha.

I briefly went to the outdoor thing this year as my girlfriend had said she would tie in with friends there, don't think i'll rush back although the intention is good and it's a good thing for family outings I guess.