aberdeen-music

Pubs of the harbour area

Bobby

The Kittybrewster Bar had a bad reputation for a long time too.

Well if you go in at after 10pm you will probably see some people sitting about in pink checked shirts with MECCA enblazoned on them. As for the 524 club i work with the owners daughter and got a massive rant thrown at me for saying it was rough, but then she also drinks in the belmont, so i suppose it goes with the territory.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tilted Wig was a favourite for a long time for its diversity, jukebox at a perfect volume and excellent ales. But nowadays I tend to find its full of people just putting on an hour of cock rock, dodgy tasting beer and gloomy looking people.

I did post a thread a while back after one particularly rubbish night in there.

Its still ok, but Flash has nothing to worry about.

Ma Camerons really fucks me off these days, the IPA is always off (and still being served) and the alternative they offerd the last time tasted like cold hot chocolate was mixed into it. Also why does practically EVERY pub except The Moorings and Bugsy's insist on showing football when its on? Some people want to go out and talk, rather than have to constantly be drowned out by cheers and be told to fuck off out of the way of a screen. More pubs without tvs I say.

More pubs without tvs I say.

I agree. I remember when the Moorings had a TV above the dartboard. (I remember a nice evening watching the invasion of Iraq on telly from the comfort of the pub).

Dunno whether it was removed or nicked. Don't think anyone noticed it was missing for about a year!

Guest Laura@TMB
I agree. I remember when the Moorings had a TV above the dartboard. (I remember a nice evening watching the invasion of Iraq on telly from the comfort of the pub).

Dunno whether it was removed or nicked. Don't think anyone noticed it was missing for about a year!

We still have people coming in, looking up into the corner of the bar and saying "but, where's the TV gone?"... to which I reply:-

"shit, I thought there was something missing!!" :D

TV's in pubs are terrible, particularly for staff on a busy Saturday night, band playing etc, and someone always says

"hey min, put on the football scores will ya?" - fuck off

Funny to watch a row of people all looking upwards at the same spot too, some even missing their mouths with their glass as they're so engrossed in the goggle-box.

The tv was inherited by Simon, and is now probably in it's rightful home - the tip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Laura@TMB

surely not... :cheers:

Bobby is still with us. In fact he was seen as recently as last night, on stage in a certain harbour bar, wearing his knickers over his trousers :band:

The Hen Hoose...wonderful place!

Anyone ever dared to go in Bar 524 on George Street?

Ive been there a few times, its nice and close to my house, and my friend and his dad are there all the time.

Ive never had any bother in the slightest, and found everyone to be nice and friendly, especially those behind the bar.

All in all, a nice enough place. If in need of a little restoration...

Theres few places in the 'deen i wouldn't enter just out of curiosity, or if i was on a crawl. I've refused to ever go to the ministry just purely cuz of the music and the type of folks who frequent it, but i probably would go in,though i doubt i ever will. One exception is the priory, despite it not seeming particulary bad on the 1st occasion, on the second some guy clocked me on the stairs as i was goin up, and i had my hair tied back, and he shouted "fuckin' mullet" (which i definitely don't have) and he proceeded to spit on my neck as i hurried past him. Thats the only occasion i can think of, an experience in a pub/club has completely put me off going there again.

I was having a wander up to Fittee yesterday few afternoon and walked back via lots of harbour bars: the Fittee Bar actually looked quite nice inside! Although the St Clems, the Regent and Peep Peeps still look terrifying. New one has opened I hadn't noticed before called Characters...great name, sure it lives up to it! So Bobby, have you any news from the front?

well iv been in peep peeps, and it was ok. went in the neptune and decided just to go to the bathroom and leave! went past the hen house the other day, im gonna go there next i think. iv not been too adventurous lately, having discovered absinthe in the moorings!