aberdeen-music

Battle Vs Boy KIll Boy

Ross

Battle - Tendancy

Boy Kill Boy - Suzie

DISCLAIMER:

These are legal MP3s as they have been passed on to distribute to those interested in New Music from the UK. If finding the hottest new band before your mates interests you then download. If you couldn`t careless and want a band to become popular before you decide that you like them then go and listen to something you know and love to death.

INFO

Two of the brightest hopes for the tail of 2005 and into 2006.

Both UK bands causing stirs amongst the music industry in the South.

Battle recorded a demo at Mute Studios (EMI OWNED) and are about to sign to Sony.

Boy Kill Boy have release a first single and are now shopping for a major label.

Both bands are unsigned (technically) and affiliated Grand Recordings Ltd / Grand Tours Ltd etc.

Battle are managed by Garreth at Drownedinsound and their rise is similiar to that of Bloc Party who were always strongly affiliated to DiS.

Boy Kill Boy are booked by Ian HUffam at X-Ray Touring who also happens to book Blur and is a major booking agent in the industry.

I expect both bands to play Moshulu before the end of the year. Both bands WILL play various festivals.

When the Boy Kill boy track started, I thought I had accidentally opened some kind of cover of "Punk Rock Princess". Really not the case. Quite cool. Not the best thing I've ever heard, but I'd definately be interested in going to see them.

The Battle song is fantastic. Very very cool. I can see this song being stuck in my head for a number of weeks. May well be on repeat for a while actually. Yeah, like Boy Kill Boy, definately going to see them play.

Adam passed on Boy Kill Boy, which I think he got from DaveM_LL's single. It is quite enjoyable, certainly club dancefloor material, if a rather Killers-esque chorus. Battle is gonna be popular, it's obvious. The driving bassline and washy delay are certainly in at the moment, but I'm not complaining.

*Cue Interpol comparisons*

• 1 month later...

i have to say i don't know what i was expecting from battle but i wasn't expecting it to sound so much like the cure. the singer sounds almost exactly like robert smith. doesn't sound anything like interpol though.

god it's dull. i mean i can see why folk like it but i'm so fed up with the whole "quick this sound is really popular we need to find 15 other bands that sound like it and throw them to the public and see what sticks". they do the whole 80's post punk thing well and all that but i just need something different now. it's terribly unexciting i'm afraid.

the singer sounds almost exactly like robert smith.

This is true, he could be on Stars in Their Eyes (he'd have to do Love Cats though).

Incidentally, both weren't too bad, a bit too 80's in places but other than that. Boy Kill Boy remind me very much of someone and I can't think who it is. It's when the singer does the "Ta,Ta,Ta" bits.

This is true' date=' he could be on Stars in Their Eyes (he'd have to do Love Cats though).

Incidentally, both weren't too bad, a bit too 80's in places but other than that. Boy Kill Boy remind me very much of someone and I can't think who it is. It's when the singer does the "Ta,Ta,Ta" bits.[/quote']

talking heads did "fa fa fa"