aberdeen-music

Tarantino.

Just trying to figure out what the best film that Tarantino has been heavily involved with. Here's the list:

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Kill Bill I & II

True Romance

Killing Zoe

Natural Born Killers

From Dusk 'Til Dawn

'course he's appeared in heaps of other films but those are the ones he's either written, produced or directed. What's everyone's favourite? and why?

I'm totally stuck.

Kill Bill.

Takes alot of influence from other genres, the kind of movies Tarantino is very passionate about and throws them all together to basically create a Tarantino fantasy world. Excellent casting which I can't find a single flaw in. David Carradine as Bill was probably the best piece of casting I have ever seen. As always in his films the soundtrack is amazing, "Bang, Bang" just epitimised what the film was about, fitted so well with the story. Fantastically choreographed fight scenes, Kiddo vs Crazy 88, Kiddo vs Elle... those two are orgasmically good. Weapon use was also well choreographed. I like how the film begins with a bang (not a pun) and you're just a bit like "eh?" for a while, and slowly everything starts to make sense. I love how the division of both parts was smooth and didn't just look like they'd cut it in half, Volume 2 was much more plot orientated. Eh, well written, witty dialouge.

A favourite section of mines is:

Bill: Pai Mei taught you the five point palm-exploding heart technique?

The Bride: Of course he did.

Bill: Why didn't you tell me?

The Bride: I don't know... because I'm a bad person.

Bill: No. You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person, but every once in a while, you can be a real cunt.

Yeah. Kill Bill is just the best thing ever. I'll stop now.

I don't think Sin City should count because he only directed one scene when Jakey Boy is being driven to the pits AND it had to closely follow the comic, so Tarantinos input probably wasn't much.

Personally, my favoutire st Pulp Fiction purely because it's the film i've seen the most and there's no way i'm even going to ever get bored with it. Everything about the film from the dialogue and acting to the way the scenes are shot are amazing AND ultra-slick.

• 2 weeks later...