aberdeen-music

Sheryl vs. Alanis

Mick Maverik

It depends which album you're talking about if any...

Overall I go for Sheryl Crow. 'Jagged Little Pill' is an amazing album buy subsequent efforts by Alanis aren't as good.

Sheryl Crow's self-titled album and 'Tuesday Night Music Club' cement her place over Alanis for me...

I love Sheryl's self titled album, but everyone knows I'm an Alanis junkie so she'll win it every time for me. Every album has something slightly different but still works for me. Sorted. Favourite would prolly be So Called Chaos right now, it's less angsty than her previous stuff, sorta achieves a balance.

Guest pop-notmyface

I don't think you can really compare the two, Alanis Morisette does pop-rock, and Sheryl Crow is more of a country singer. but personally, I'd go for Alanis. or Texas ;)

I know Rachie will beat me with a pool cue for saying this, but I think Alanis peaked at Jagged Little Pill, I've been disapointed with all the albums since.

Having said that I haven't heard much by Sheryl Crow apart form All I wanna do and her god-awful cover of Sweet Child of Mine.

Alanis wins for being angsty and misprounouncing words to make them fit into a line.

I know Rachie will beat me with a pool cue for saying this' date=' but I think Alanis peaked at Jagged Little Pill, I've been disapointed with all the albums since.[/quote']

I'd second that yeah.

I think I'll keep my other Alanis albums aside when packing today though - I fancy giving them another spin.