aberdeen-music

new material from In Flames

Foreskin Ninja

I don't know man, I like Soilwork, but they're not amazing. I thought Reroute got alot of unwarrented criticism, for the most part I thought it was great. Sure, not a patch on their older stuff, but still good.

At least Dark Tranquility are still doing what In Flames used to be able to.

And Colony is the best album ever.

How much Soilwork have you heard?

Have you heard A Predators Portrait?

Because they have five albums (I have them all, first two are the least best as they are pure thrash with little melody)

The way they use atmospherics and dynamics, and then change from a heavy fat groove to a beautiful melody in a split second is awesome!

Soilwork are probably my favourite band and have been for a couple of years now (since the release of Natural Born Chaos).

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

I know that both Soilwork and In Flames aren't new but they all sound like this whole new wave of heavy metal bull that is going around and to me it all sounds pretty much the same bar Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage but the rest all sounds shite.

IMO you fucks

You listen to Anal Cunt.

yes they may not want a ''perfect sound'' and may not want to be taking seriously but im sure these N.W.O.A.H.M bands want to be taking seriously and have a perfect sound but i just think alot of it is similar.

Ok straight to the point Soilwork sound like compelte shit version of Inflames and the new infalmes stuff sucks balls.

p.s ANAL CUNT RULE !

calum, I think you should do some research.

Firstly, I don't know if you were referring to In Flames and Soilwork as NWOAHM bands, but they are both from Sweden, not America.

Secondly, I am assuming you have only heard material from Figure Number 5 (i.e. Rejection Role) and at a push stuff from Natural Born Chaos?

Well you really should go check out "A Predators Portrait" or "Steel Bath Suicide" or even "The Chainheart Machine" - Predator is full of awesome occasionally melodic thrash - almost like Dream Theater in places due to it's technicality, whereas Steel Bath and Chainheart are basically At The Gates but done twice as well.

Try and download the songs "Bastard Chain" or "Machine Gun Majesty" and tell me you think Soilwork are wank again! I promise that you will like it.

Oh, and both bands have been around for around 10 years...

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

calum, I think you should do some research.

Firstly, I don't know if you were referring to In Flames and Soilwork as NWOAHM bands, but they are both from Sweden, not America.

Secondly, I am assuming you have only heard material from Figure Number 5 (i.e. Rejection Role) and at a push stuff from Natural Born Chaos?

Well you really should go check out "A Predators Portrait" or "Steel Bath Suicide" or even "The Chainheart Machine" - Predator is full of awesome occasionally melodic thrash - almost like Dream Theater in places due to it's technicality, whereas Steel Bath and Chainheart are basically At The Gates but done twice as well.

Try and download the songs "Bastard Chain" or "Machine Gun Majesty" and tell me you think Soilwork are wank again! I promise that you will like it.

Oh, and both bands have been around for around 10 years...

What i meant was that both bands are sounding very much in the vein on the whole new wave stuff.

and i have checked out those songs and must say still not overlay impressed but wat would i know eh ?

Obviously not alot :angel: