aberdeen-music

By public demand..........

Hog

i've heard that the thousands of demos submitted to play this years GoFuck were simply thrown straight in the bin and the organisers decided to book theses three bands in an entirely un-democratic and unfair manner

non of them submitted demos!

corrupt fuckers!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
i've heard that the thousands of demos submitted to play this years GoFuck were simply thrown straight in the bin and the organisers decided to book theses three bands in an entirely un-democratic and unfair manner

corrupt fuckers!

I heard that all three bands used their female members to get accepted!

corrupt fuckers!

nothing like biting off the hand that feeds you, or do you not remember SXSW?

corrupt fuckers!

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showpost.php?p=159572&postcount=8

:nono:

Can you spell hypocrisy ?

Seems a bit off for a band who apparently have had nothing but good things happen to them to be having a go at GoNorth, I think GoNorth's a joke - int he way bands are chosen - but I think it's always been like this, and doing things like this does no-one any good, especially not with the record company people in town. It just seems a pisstake by a lot of bitter bands

Cheers

Stuart

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showpost.php?p=159572&postcount=8

:nono:

Can you spell hypocrisy ?

Seems a bit off for a band who apparently have had nothing but good things happen to them to be having a go at GoNorth' date=' I think GoNorth's a joke - int he way bands are chosen - but I think it's always been like this, and doing things like this does no-one any good, especially not with the record company people in town. It just seems a pisstake by a lot of bitter bands

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

1) If you think Go North is a joke then why not joke about it?

2) Oh no the record company man is upset ;(

3) Do you think Spike are bitter? Mmm, its all a bit of fun

Guest Zeenat Aman

3) Do you think Spike are bitter? Mmm' date=' its all a bit of fun[/quote']

What a thread, so many twists and turns!

:gringo:

3) Do you think Spike are bitter? Mmm' date=' its all a bit of fun[/quote']

I know Spike isnt bitter, I know you wouldnt have entered GoNorth but I also know tghat the Video's have gone on about how great GoNorth is in the past and therefore it all seems a bit hypocritical to me. I think it does make bands look bitter whether they are or not, I think if they ever get it all sorted out and done fairly (unlike this year) then it could be a great opportunity for local bands and to undermine it doesnt do anyone any good in the long run, thats all.

I'm sure all the bands will have fun and be good, this is just how I feel about it.

Cheers

Stuart

I know Spike isnt bitter' date=' I know you wouldnt have entered GoNorth but I also know tghat the Video's have gone on about how great GoNorth is in the past and therefore it all seems a bit hypocritical to me. I think it does make bands look bitter whether they are or not, I think if they ever get it all sorted out and done fairly (unlike this year) then it could be a great opportunity for local bands and to undermine it doesnt do anyone any good in the long run, thats all.

I'm sure all the bands will have fun and be good, this is just how I feel about it.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Looks like its between you and Betamax then (gets in the Hogmobile and drives off)

I dont think it will undermine Go North, the organisers know its just harmless fun.

I dont think it will undermine Go North

Exactly, when the organisers of Go Fuck realised there was a smaller festival with a similar name taking place earlier on the same week they did think about insisting that dates were changed in order to avoid confusion. The way they now see however, it is that GoNorth now makes an ideal ''support act'' to the main GoFuck event this Friday night, and the people behind GoFuck have kindly given permission for the organisers of GoNorth to continue with their low key midweek build up.

I thought it was important to clarify that one.