aberdeen-music

IMAGINE 25th MAY

The-Underground

Hey everyone

this is just a big thanks to everyone who turned up last night and made the night what it was.I'd also like to thank everyone who came down early and helped me and Jason get everything set up,you all know who you are.Through all of you coming down last night we were able to give all four bands 50 each.Which is what the gig was all about,making as much money for the bands as possible.Hopefully they use the money wisely and put it towards something like recording,jamming or merch.

And to all those big time music promoters that was laughing at me and Jason for dreaming of doing this,and saying we'd fall flat on our faces!.Why don't you just ask all of 162 people that was there last night for four local bands how it went!.

There will be another night run hopefully sometime next month,we'd love for all those faces last night to be there again,but this time take more friends.

Keep this up and we will have an awesome music scene.

Please leave comments about the night and even suggestions.

Cheers everyone

The Underground

Taylor and Jason McGill

x

Guest Lisa

awesome night and great line up. really varied and strong. not too varied so that people werent interested in only one band though.

good atmosphere and good vibe.

really enjoyed it and really quite like the venue actually.

My points would be there shoul be a small stage built...even just like a few inches raise would help matters. Also the sound wasnt the best. Id imagine (haha) that it will get better as time goes on but it was really trebly for all the bands. Problem is that the wooden floor and low ceiling make the high end really prominent.

Well done though. Ill be along to the next.

my only complaint, tall people should keep themselves further back! haha due to there not being a stage it was hard for ickle people like me to see very well. I had a perfect position to take pics of WSBB but then two tall girls pushed right in front of me so i have their heads in much of the pics :(

as good fun though

We'll be using the 50 for some live recording in the next few weeks hopefully. Cheers to Taylor + Jason for asking us to be on the bill and putting on a great night. Good to see a healthy turn out in a small venue...good atmosphere! We'll be at the next gig with some more people in tow...if theres room for more that is?

Congratulations on a successful first night :)

How much was it to rent in a suitable PA for the night?

Went rented the CD player/Amplifier/speakers for 50 from the owner of Imagine and the actual PA from a friend. If this is going to be a regular thing then we will look into getting a much better PA. Although all-in-all, I thought we did a pretty good job with everything considering we organised/ran the whole gig ourselves - with help from the bands obviously.

We learned alot from the gig and I think then next time will be even better.

Thanks again to the band for playing the show - it could have turned out to be really shit. And thanks to everyone who came - I still cant get over how many people were actually there

The show was actually amazing....

Fair enough, the sound was a little off, big deal...the guys did a great job in the organisation of the show...

Went down really well...

Thanks again for the show guys...

We will have to do it again sometime....

xXscottXx

was an awesome night!

Massive amount of people in such a small place.

As for the bands well yeh the sound wasnt the best ever, but really who cares i dont think it really effected the night that much everyone really seemed to enjoy being right in the faces of the crowd.

At Long Last were pretty decent last night they have got better in all the gigs ive seen them so far a few songs are now stuck in my head especially "The End" i love that song i think this band can be really really good once they get a bit more used to performing as i think thats one of their main downfalls right now, not in a bad way just in an unexpeirenced kinda way it will come tho guys keep it up!!

We Shall Be Blessed for me are almost impossible to comment on or give feedback cause they are so far from what i listen to. To me it doesnt seem like much more than a jam BUT thats just to me and i say i dont like that kinda stuff at all. However its clear these guys know where they are going with their style and the people who were there to see them were going fucking mental so thats more than enough for me.

We had fun.

Within These Walls, were much better than the time i seen them in the Malt Mill, a lot tighter and the newer songs are pretty cool, i like the grunge thing you dont hear a lot of bands doing that now a days. The one drawback is the vocals tho i think you should go away and work hard on them cause thats really the one thing thats letting you guys down. Good end to the night tho shame the crowd was a bit smaller by then tho.

But yeh a huge thanks to everyone again for last night!

once they get a bit more used to performing as i think thats one of their main downfalls right now

I agree. I think if you're gonna jump on drum kit you should be prepared for it to fall apart' date=' and if it does, just let the chaos ensue. Don't go back and fix it Jason, [i']that's not rock 'n roll! Haha!

We Shall Be Blessed for me are almost impossible to comment on or give feedback cause they are so far from what i listen to. To me it doesnt seem like much more than a jam BUT thats just to me and i say i dont like that kinda stuff at all. However its clear these guys know where they are going with their style and the people who were there to see them were going fucking mental so thats more than enough for me.

I thought We Shall Be Blessed were like a cross between head trauma and music... but in a good way. Great dynamism and movement too - I think my favourite song of theirs was the second last because of the repetition in the riff. I'd like to hear more songs like that' date=' they are more accessible to the average listener. I guess that's not really who you're going for with your music, but it doesn't hurt.

Within These Walls, were much better than the time i seen them in the Malt Mill, a lot tighter and the newer songs are pretty cool, i like the grunge thing you dont hear a lot of bands doing that now a days. The one drawback is the vocals tho i think you should go away and work hard on them cause thats really the one thing thats letting you guys down. Good end to the night tho shame the crowd was a bit smaller by then tho.

I agree about the much better part, but I also think the vocals were a lot better this time. There's definately been an improvement in general, much more enjoyable in my opinion.

I had a good time last night. I kinda liked the varied bands. Was different to the usual four bands playing the same style of music.

Tip for next time though, make sure we have a float at the door. We were having to write people I.O.U.s :O

Good job though boys.

xx