aberdeen-music

THOMAS TRUAX + Sergeant Buzfuz Band + The Kitchen Cynics - Wed 1st June 2005

It was a truly glorious evening. First time I'd seen the Kitchen Cynics and I really enjoyed the set, one of the best local acts I've seen easily. The little instruments Alan gave out were a very nice gesture too.

I wasn't too keen on Sergeant Buzzfuz back in December but tonight with full band, he was fantastic. I loved the string arrangements. Can anyone tell me what the rather odd instrument the woman on the left was playing? Shame his 7" doesn't have full band so I had to settle for a CD.

I enjoyed Thomas Truax so much last time when I wasn't knowing what to expect that I wasn't expecting to be so impressed tonight but that wasn't the case, as he continued to amaze me. The highlight for me was him standing on the bar singing Wowtown. I thought it was cool that he finished with a serious song, proving that he can hold his own as a serious songwriter too.

I liked the atmosphereof the venue last night, I liked the DJ's choice of music (though his music was rather loud between bands I felt). Splendid.

I liked the atmosphereof the venue last night' date=' I liked the DJ's choice of music (though his music was rather loud between bands I felt). Splendid.[/quote']

Ta! Sorry about the volume, really can't tell at all how loud it is out front when you're stuck at the side of the stage. However, having the DJ music coming through a monitor at least allowed me to keep it constant (if a little too loud, obviously! ;) )

I wasn't too keen on Sergeant Buzzfuz back in December but tonight with full band' date=' he was fantastic. I loved the string arrangements. Can anyone tell me what the rather odd instrument the woman on the left was playing? Shame his 7" doesn't have full band so I had to settle for a CD.

[/quote']

Philip mentioned that instrument - he was keen to hear it.

Agree about Buzfuz, was ok solo but even better with a band.

I had a great time, although it all gets a bit hazy later on!! I seem to recall spinning out of control while attempting to dance, and flattening one of the Tunnels chairs.

I think I also lost my mini-disc which I recorded our set on, so if anybody else recorded it (unlikely though that may be ) I'd love a copy!!!

I was VERY impressed with the Buzfuz band....great sound!!! And Thomas was Thomas which really can't be bettered. :up:

I had a great time' date=' although it all gets a bit hazy later on!! I seem to recall spinning out of control while attempting to dance, and flattening one of the Tunnels chairs.

I think I also lost my mini-disc which I recorded our set on, so if anybody else recorded it (unlikely though that may be ) I'd love a copy!!!

I was VERY impressed with the Buzfuz band....great sound!!! And Thomas was Thomas which really can't be bettered. :up:[/quote']

There was a guy with a video camera recording your set - he was sitting on the chairs opposite the sound desk, if that makes sense.

Thanks, FD! It was my videp camera, and it doesn't seem to be playing back what it recorded, but I'll hunt down the instructions to see if I've pressed the wrong button somewhere!!

Luckily the mini-disc turned up, in my guitar bag, so I've got a souvenir of our set.....some lovely playing by Philip!!!

Thanks' date=' FD! It was my videp camera, and it doesn't seem to be playing back what it recorded, but I'll hunt down the instructions to see if I've pressed the wrong button somewhere!!

Luckily the mini-disc turned up, in my guitar bag, so I've got a souvenir of our set.....some lovely playing by Philip!!![/quote']

Aye, he certainly saved the set! ;)

All i can really add is what a great night' date=' we really enjoyed all of it, even managed

to speak to Thomas & the singer from buzfuz. Anybody going to Glastonbury should go see Truax, he is apparantly playing a few times.

:D:D:D[/quote']

damn i'm busy but i had to chirp in with everyone and say Truax was AMAZING and i too told him i would hunt him down at Glastonbury :) about 3am ....i'm told a few times too