aberdeen-music

Revenge of the sith is fucking ace!

Guest DustyDeviada
The only thing that disappointed me with this movie is the lack of Qui Gon. I read ages ago that Liam Neeson had filmed a small cameo for the movie' date=' [/quote']

It'll probably turn up on the "Directors Cut" DVD.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Logan

No doubt! :p

Actually, going by the Revenge of the Sith game, there's lots that's been cut from the movie! I'm expecting hours of deleted scenes on the DVD! ^_^

The story occurs over decades' date=' it's safe to assume the fighter techonolgy and military uniforms might change over a long period n'est pas?[/quote']

Personally i feel that the difference in the craft is not big enough for it to be worthwhile having them look different at all. If they actually were Tie-Fighters and X-Wings and stuff it would have made it seem more like Star Wars in a good old fashioned sense. And also there just seems to be less variety in uniforms and they are no longer specific for the terrain. Like the camouflage the troopers had on Kashykk (sp?). Surely if the technology of the Empire had advanced then they would have better camouflage uniforms or at very least not less terrain specific uniform...my god what a nerd i am!!

Guest Logan
Personally i feel that the difference in the craft is not big enough for it to be worthwhile having them look different at all. If they actually were Tie-Fighters and X-Wings and stuff it would have made it seem more like Star Wars in a good old fashioned sense. And also there just seems to be less variety in uniforms and they are no longer specific for the terrain. Like the camouflage the troopers had on Kashykk (sp?). Surely if the technology of the Empire had advanced then they would have better camouflage uniforms or at very least not less terrain specific uniform...my god what a nerd i am!!

Agree with you' date=' I must.

Also, has anyone noticed that this film is online already?

[url']http://www.vcdquality.com/index.php?page=sample&id=52286

That's the kind of quality you're getting it at tho! (6 hours to go....) :D

ah it was fucking superb. The bit when R2 shocked the droid before getting kicked by it was ace. The bit when Anakin was named Vader and the imperial march played was fantastic. The jedi temple massacre was awesome and the ending was lovely. All in all a great film.

The only thing that discussions at work today seemed to produce that was wrong, was the whole lack of explanation about how Leia said she remembered her real mother.

This is probably the worst movie ever made. The opening scenes weren't too bad, but it quickly descended into the most childish, cliche driven nonsense I've ever seen. Yeah, there are lots of loud noises and explosions which I'm sure excite the younger viewer, but after 50 minutes I walked out of the cinema, feeling like I'd just been ripped off for the fee to watch an elaborate episode of startrek. This ruined my childhood memories of the original movies, and well, maybe that is what to expect, since this is a movie for kids.The scripting and acting was on a par with the average baywatch episode. Utter drivel.

This is probably the worst movie ever made. The opening scenes weren't too bad' date=' but it quickly descended into the most childish, cliche driven nonsense I've ever seen. Yeah, there are lots of loud noises and explosions which I'm sure excite the younger viewer, but after 50 minutes I walked out of the cinema, feeling like I'd just been ripped off for the fee to watch an elaborate episode of startrek. This ruined my childhood memories of the original movies, and well, maybe that is what to expect, since this is a movie for kids.The scripting and acting was on a par with the average baywatch episode. Utter drivel.[/quote']

hell yeah, i couldnt agree with u more! the acting was non exsistant, shite 'special' effects, the only good thing, which kept my attention was the geniusness of yoda!!

wouldn't waste my money on seeing it again!

Guest Logan

Gridlock, well you have done in hiding your scene points, for expect to lose lots!

If you look back on the original trilogy, all the same jokes are there! What the hell movies are you basing these on?

I for one think it's the best of the saga, and I'm about to watch it....right now! God bless the internet!

Gridlock' date=' well you have done in hiding your scene points, for expect to lose lots!

If you look back on the original trilogy, all the same jokes are there! What the hell movies are you basing these on?

I for one think it's the best of the saga, and I'm about to watch it....right now! God bless the internet![/quote']

No really, it's a rubbish film by any standard, and it's quite sad to see so many supposed adults buying into something which is so obviously written for, aimed at, and marketed to children.

Guest Logan
How come the 1st death star took like 20 years to make' date=' and the 2nd was only a year or so?[/quote']

pondering this thought, was I.

Perhaps two they make. And complete the 2nd Death Star was not. Between Episode IV and Episode VI 4 years pass. Between Episode III and Episode IV 17 years pass. Difficult to guess is the answer.

Guest Logan
No really' date=' it's a rubbish film by any standard, and it's quite sad to see so many supposed adults buying into something which is so obviously written for, aimed at, and marketed to [b']children.

So Count Dooku being beheaded, Anakin getting his legs chopped off and horribly burned alive are things that are marketed to children these days? Hmm, I'd hate to see your kids.

No really' date=' it's a rubbish film by any standard, and it's quite sad to see so many supposed adults buying into something which is so obviously written for, aimed at, and marketed to [b']children.

If its marketed to children why did you go in the first place?

This is probably the worst movie ever made. The opening scenes weren't too bad' date=' but it quickly descended into the most childish, cliche driven nonsense I've ever seen. Yeah, there are lots of loud noises and explosions which I'm sure excite the younger viewer, but after 50 minutes I walked out of the cinema, feeling like I'd just been ripped off for the fee to watch an elaborate episode of startrek. This ruined my childhood memories of the original movies, and well, maybe that is what to expect, since this is a movie for kids.The scripting and acting was on a par with the average baywatch episode. Utter drivel.[/quote']

What did you expect? Schindler's List?

Seriously?

You whine about it being marketed to kids and that adults shouldn't be going, then complain about the standards of acting. WTF.

Why bother arguing? Gridlock doesn't like anything and Penny is a girl. Like Logan' date=' I'd rather go and see the film again![/quote']

oh my lord, and they say sexism is fading.. i happen to like star wars as a concept, and i thouroughly enjoyed the previous films.. however, i am allowed to make the statement that the film was produced with the outcome of a bit of a mish-mash effect..

you cannot say that i am unworthy of a comment due to me being a 'girl', i happen to have been studyin film studies, and textual analysis for the past year, and i can honestly say that what i viewed on 'revenge of the sith' was entirely disappointing.

put that in your pipe n smoke it.

He was probably meaning it in a more flippant manner than it seemed methinks :)

I feel left out of a lot of film discussions lately - I never go to the cinema and it means I end up seeing films three months or so down the line and naebody cares what I have to say about them :D

oh my lord' date=' and they say sexism is fading.. i happen to like star wars as a concept, and i thouroughly enjoyed the previous films.. however, i am allowed to make the statement that the film was produced with the outcome of a bit of a mish-mash effect..

you cannot say that i am unworthy of a comment due to me being a 'girl', [b']i happen to have been studyin film studies, and textual analysis for the past year, and i can honestly say that what i viewed on 'revenge of the sith' was entirely disappointing.

put that in your pipe n smoke it.

Pa haha, think that makes any difference?

Guest Zeenat Aman
flippant or not' date=' it still feels like im being made to feel like a lesser race than that of the male species hehe..

grrrrr rar roar!! miaow.[/quote']

The guy likes Mutley Crew, need I say more?

:D