aberdeen-music

E3 2005

Guest Logan

Guest Logan

May as well just make one thread to discuss all the new games/news/consoles coming out, because there's SOO many!

My first pick, check out this newest trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on GameCube.

HERE

Guest Logan

Just got through watching the Sony 2005 E3 Conference (didn't realise it would last 2 hours!!) and my god, do I want a PS3 now!! Those graphics just look unbelieveable! Almost movie like!

I watched the Nintendo one too, and it's a bit poo in comparrison. Although the GameBoy Micro looks pretty neat. Pretty much a GameBoy Advance but the same size as a mini iPod and 2 thirds the weight.

I've yet to watch the XBOX Conference, but I've already watched a video of the 360, and it does indeed sound impressive, and because it's coming out for Christmas this year (you've promised us now, so don't let us down), it's the one I'll be looking forward to the most. PS3 of course sounds better, but we won't likely see it under Summer 2006 if that! And I want a new console NOW!

With all three next gen consoles being backwards compatible, does that mean we should all sell our existing consoles as they now become obsolete? I own a GameCube, XBOX and PS2 and I don't want to think about them in that way. I've never sold a console in my life, and I've bought them all! (except for a Master System :p)

The fact that on the new nintendo you will be able to download old nintendo games and play them may make me buy it when i thought i'd possibly never buy another nintendo again. I don't really care that there are no real detaisl about the machine yet, at least wiht nintendo theres a chance of some good games.

May as well just make one thread to discuss all the new games/news/consoles coming out' date=' because there's SOO many!

My first pick, check out this newest trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on GameCube.

HERE

Oh my god! Were-Link! Wheeee! I love my Gamecube to bits, I don't care how crappy people say they are but I wish they'd release the old Mario and Zelda games onto a console rather than the portable things.

they should make the new nintendo backward comptable all the way to the NES... now that would be mighty!

Regarding E3, seeing as im stuck at one of these clunky BT kiosks, anyone know if Eidos has revealed anything new about our Lara yet? there was suppoed to be a major announcement at the convention at some point

Cheers

x

Guest Cowboy Dan
I'm obviously not quite as geeky as I thought...what does 'backward compatible' mean? You can play games from old consoles? How?

Just in the same way you can play original playstation games on PS2's...