aberdeen-music

Trent Reznor sues manager.

nullmouse

According to this BBC news story... Trent's suing his manager for somehow neglecting to leave the star any money (well' date=' aside from about 1.5 million GBP in assets).

More shocking, perhaps, is the picture of Trent accompanying the article. He looks so old when he smiles, and eerily like Russ Abbot...[/quote']

I can't work it out, he says the guy took the majority of his money, and then also says

"Reznor claims his ex-friend misled him into signing a deal giving Malm 20 per cent of the singer's gross earnings. "

if he has 1.5 million left then that kind of implies that Reznors squandered a fortune. 20% is not an over the top management commission, not sure what he was expecting, if the guy did steer NIN and Trent Reznor to the success then it's not that unreasonable. sounds like the rock star has squandered his money and is now pissed off he's lost it.

I remember hearing from a manager of a very big band once that musicians are always quick to use the manager on the way up - the days when 20% of nothing is nothing, or they're driviing vans full of kit or sleeping on floors whilst bands get beds, but they're the first person to blame when it all goes wrong.

Then again, I would say that ;)

Cheers

Stuart

now that pisses on my typo-tastic posts.

I agree though...

"I don't know where the money went"...

read your fucking diary you wee ponce (mr Reznor)...

I imagine his next album will be full of songs about him being a victim, hard up on lifes tragedies...

oh...hold on.

Guest lime ruined my life
I can't work it out' date=' he says the guy took the majority of his money, and then also says

"Reznor claims his ex-friend misled him into signing a deal giving Malm 20 per cent of the singer's gross earnings. "

if he has 1.5 million left then that kind of implies that Reznors squandered a fortune. 20% is not an over the top management commission, not sure what he was expecting, if the guy did steer NIN and Trent Reznor to the success then it's not that unreasonable. sounds like the rock star has squandered his money and is now pissed off he's lost it.

I remember hearing from a manager of a very big band once that musicians are always quick to use the manager on the way up - the days when 20% of nothing is nothing, or they're driviing vans full of kit or sleeping on floors whilst bands get beds, but they're the first person to blame when it all goes wrong.

Then again, I would say that ;)

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

he probably did squander a fortune. have you seen the pictures of his ridiculous studio? the thing is, no matter how much more gear he aquires, and how expensive it is, most nin stuff all just sounds the same.

gotta agree with ya on that. I do suspect he used it up his nose though and just can't remember. The percentage the manger took is the norm in the biz, so I suspect the accountant (if they had one) will be able to sort it out soon enough.

take care,

Bobbie

He's always seemed like a pretty down to earth guy to me' date=' so i'll be interested to hear what the verdict is.

Btw, I still think he's very hot (even though he looks like Russ Abbot).[/quote']