aberdeen-music

**SMACKDOWN (Goodfellow Records)** SAT JUNE 25TH...

Dizzy Storm

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely, fashioncore means way more than how a band looks, its the same as the monstrosity that third generation nu-metal became, except applied to hardcore/metalcore.i didnt say we shall be blessed were a bad band, just totally not what i look for in modern day hardcore/metalcore.i personally find them peddling wares that were getting tiresome and bland 4 years ago after a few inventive bands were ripped off wholesale by a slew of uninventive, bandwagon jumping bands.its waht happens i'm afraid.if they want to do that and you want to be impressed by that its cool beans, wipe off that nosebleed and go help that guy fix the guitar he broke in a rockstar fit.

i've worn caps, army shirts and cut off shorts for over 12 years and i'm certainly not 'creating an image', i used to be in the army and wear all my surplus, gives me more time to drink beer and hunt buffalo etc.reckon i'll get another few decades out of my current wardrobe.there ya go.

now have a bath, play some celine dion and chill.

absolutely' date=' fashioncore means way more than how a band looks, its the same as the monstrosity that third generation nu-metal became, except applied to hardcore/metalcore.i didnt say we shall be blessed were a bad band, just totally not what i look for in modern day hardcore/metalcore.i personally find them peddling wares that were getting tiresome and bland 4 years ago after a few inventive bands were ripped off wholesale by a slew of uninventive, bandwagon jumping bands.its waht happens i'm afraid.if they want to do that and you want to be impressed by that its cool beans, wipe off that nosebleed and go help that guy fix the guitar he broke in a rockstar fit.

i've worn caps, army shirts and cut off shorts for over 12 years and i'm certainly not 'creating an image', i used to be in the army and wear all my surplus, gives me more time to drink beer and hunt buffalo etc.reckon i'll get another few decades out of my current wardrobe.there ya go.

now have a bath, play some celine dion and chill.[/quote']

Some fucking awesome points raised there....

Its true, I think we do sound alot like Cephalic Carnage or The Sawtooth Grin, but the point is, we are a relatively new band, and still we wear our influences on our sleeves...that will change in time...you know that right?

Guest obsessivedesire

To be fair, it wasnt obvious that you were talking about the music. I wasnt having a go at what you wear i was talking abou the image you purvey by wearing what you do.

Its such a common thing for a band to be written off nowadays because they look like a "fashioncore" band! Apologies if you were talking about the music.

Tom is still talking balls. People were going in and out the rooms and there was no set amount of people staying outside.

The whole analysis of of where audience are all the time during a show is bollocks and again your views are elitist wank!

Couldnt people just go to this rather unique and different show and enjoy without having to worry about twats like Tom analysing where they stood or how long they spent in a room?

Surely you see my point?

Some fucking awesome points raised there....

Its true' date=' I think we do sound alot like Cephalic Carnage or The Sawtooth Grin, but the point is, we are a relatively new band, and still we wear our influences on our sleeves...that will change in time...you know that right?[/quote']

like i said when i first heard you, i dont like it now but give yourselves 3-4 years playing together and i'd be keen to heard what came out.if i thought you were shit, i would simply say that, but i'm not.not my thing but to each their own.

To be fair' date=' it wasnt obvious that you were talking about the music. I wasnt having a go at what you wear i was talking abou the image you purvey by wearing what you do.

Its such a common thing for a band to be written off nowadays because they look like a "fashioncore" band! Apologies if you were talking about the music.

Tom is still talking balls. People were going in and out the rooms and there was no set amount of people staying outside.

The whole analysis of of where audience are all the time during a show is bollocks and again your views are elitist wank!

Couldnt people just go to this rather unique and different show and enjoy without having to worry about twats like Tom analysing where they stood or how long they spent in a room?

Surely you see my point?[/quote']

hey, pretty much everyone there had a great night, irrespective of the bands they enjoyed/didnt enjoy.back to the whole 'opinions are like arseholes...' thing, people will think what they want and like what they want.this post is far to sensible so i'm going to stop now and drink.

Hey' date=' pretty much everyone there had a great night, irrespective of the bands they enjoyed/didnt enjoy.back to the whole 'opinions are like arseholes...' thing, people will think what they want and like what they want.this post is far to sensible so i'm going to stop now and drink.[/quote']the last you redeemed yourself with the buffalo. this one just scares me.

and I wouldn't necessarily say Tom was elitist. More that he wasn't into the whole back slappping scene thing. Tom goes to gigs to see bands he likes, not because he thinks he SHOULD go to a gig, or to be "seen". If people have a problem with that, oh darn.

now I'm off to tell my Granny I'm vegetarian.

Guest obsessivedesire

Nah sorry Dave, youre wrong!

Tom is an elitist prick and its people like him that kill scenes...not the girl in the green day tee shirt thats maybe just getting into heavier stuff who goes and sits away from the band for a few songs because she is too hot or wants a seat and a drink before she watches the next band.

Remember...we have all been that person. Toms even so young that we all remember him in Nofx and Alakaline trio tee shirts. Those were good days. He was a nice kid then. Alas.

Guest Page 99

Wow this thread has gone from being about an amazing gig in aberdeen to...

*shock horror* people's opinions.

People are going to say what they say regardless of whether you piss and moan about it on these boards. Just live with it, and if you don't like it take the piss. Or even better ignore it.

The 'scene' is made a mockery of by all this silly bitching and fighting so if you want to actualy help your 'scene' or whatever.... stop it now.

the last you redeemed yourself with the buffalo. this one just scares me.

and I wouldn't necessarily say Tom was elitist. More that he wasn't into the whole back slappping scene thing. Tom goes to gigs to see bands he likes' date=' not because he thinks he SHOULD go to a gig, or to be "seen". If people have a problem with that, oh darn.

now I'm off to tell my Granny I'm vegetarian.[/quote']

could you give her my address then so i can have your bacon ration each month? cheers.

Nah sorry Dave' date=' youre wrong!

Tom is an elitist prick and its people like him that kill scenes...not the girl in the green day tee shirt thats maybe just getting into heavier stuff who goes and sits away from the band for a few songs because she is too hot or wants a seat and a drink before she watches the next band.

Remember...we have all been that person. Toms even so young that we all remember him in Nofx and Alakaline trio tee shirts. Those were good days. He was a nice kid then. Alas.[/quote']I remember him in those days as well. He probably still likes that music. I dont really care if he does or doesn't. But he wasn't talking about people that sat out for a couple of songs. I did that as well. But there WERE people there that sat outside throughout the first two bands entire sets, simply because they only came to see WSBB, and had no interest at all in the first two bands.

That, is scene-back-slapping. I don't see the point in paying money for a gig then not checking out all the bands. And I don't think Tom kills the scene at all.

I think Tom's a pretty genuine guy. He'll speak his mind. I like him for that. Basically, I can tell you're a WSBB fan(I don't knwo who you are though you seem to know me), and you're offended by Tom because he said he was annoyed at their fans not bothering to check out the other bands. So, I'm just gonna leave it, think whatever you like. I like Tom, you don't. Oh darn.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Ben Weapon, I don't know how I can be talking balls, I didn't mention anything about WSBB except that the people who were there to watch them seemed to care little for the other bands.

I didn't pay any attention to their clothing, so stop ranting paragraphs of shit about my 'talking balls' about 'fashioncore'. I don't care if every emo kid in the world wants to wear the same shit, although they might as well be donning themselves in Topshop gear however straightening one's hair more often than not just looks really gay. Each to their own though. I do not care in the slightest if everybody wants to wear 'designer' emo gear, I'm more into style than fashion myself anyway ;).

However if you want my critique on their music and performance I'd have to say I was more than a little disappointed. The 'crazy, technical, dischordant metalcore' sound has been done to death and to be honest after a while there's only so much interest I can hold in a song that goes from a twangy dischordant chord to a chugga chugga riff then a mosh-down riff. They are quite good musicians but their output isn't close to even the roughest of DEP material, and for that reason, they don't hold my interest enough for me to get excited about them.

I think their attitude fucking sucked as well, with the singer acting like a bullying prick when two drunk kids weren't paying attention to his band and instead were having a laugh together making some stupid noises.

I think WSBB are taking themselves a bit too seriously much like My Mind's Weapon and I think everyone should just lighten up somewhat.

I'm sorry if I'm killing your scene by not wearing some old Tshirts that I lost while on tour in London, but I personally cannot be held responsible for any detriment to the Aberdeen Music Scene. I continue to write and produce various different musical projects and I'm happy enough with what I have on my plate currently.

I thought the gig was quite good, and maybe I'm tripping but when I walked out of Smackdown's set, having noticed nobody enter or leave the room during their show, I saw an entire group of culprits just sitting there dry as a bone looking kinda bored, I made an assumption based on this vision and maybe I was wrong.

I still think the emo look is fruity.

Ben Weapon' date=' I don't know how I can be talking balls, I didn't mention anything about WSBB except that the people who were there to watch them seemed to care little for the other bands.

I didn't pay any attention to their clothing, so stop ranting paragraphs of shit about my 'talking balls' about 'fashioncore'. I don't care if every emo kid in the world wants to wear the same shit, although they might as well be donning themselves in Topshop gear however straightening one's hair more often than not just looks really gay. Each to their own though. I do not care in the slightest if everybody wants to wear 'designer' emo gear, I'm more into style than fashion myself anyway ;).

However if you want my critique on their music and performance I'd have to say I was more than a little disappointed. The 'crazy, technical, dischordant metalcore' sound has been done to death and to be honest after a while there's only so much interest I can hold in a song that goes from a twangy dischordant chord to a chugga chugga riff then a mosh-down riff. They are quite good musicians but their output isn't close to even the roughest of DEP material, and for that reason, they don't hold my interest enough for me to get excited about them.

I think their attitude fucking sucked as well, with the singer acting like a bullying prick when two drunk kids weren't paying attention to his band and instead were having a laugh together making some stupid noises.

I think WSBB are taking themselves a bit too seriously much like My Mind's Weapon and I think everyone should just lighten up somewhat.

I'm sorry if I'm killing your scene by not wearing some old Tshirts that I lost while on tour in London, but I personally cannot be held responsible for any detriment to the Aberdeen Music Scene. I continue to write and produce various different musical projects and I'm happy enough with what I have on my plate currently.

I thought the gig was quite good, and maybe I'm tripping but when I walked out of Smackdown's set, having noticed nobody enter or leave the room during their show, I saw an entire group of culprits just sitting there dry as a bone looking kinda bored, I made an assumption based on this vision and maybe I was wrong.

I still think the emo look is fruity.[/quote']

I don't think we take ourself too seriosly, we just do what we like, and we let people make up there own mind and don't hold against them. Were just trying to make good music also have a bit of fun.

The way i see it no band in the hardcore/metal core scene never try anything new nowadays , they all follow the same blueprints other bands have used and if it works for the other bands then why the hell wont it work for the likes of wsbb.

Now that makes sense in my head but yeah

*Campaign for emo destruction*