aberdeen-music

Hoooooooooooooooo!!

Caz-chan

There just seems to be too much of a novelty factor in all this 80's memorobillia . I can't wait till being into the 1920s is cool, the hip kids in 'totally random' bowler hats and petticoats.

It's fair enough if you actually watched it as a kid, but I'd like to know how the ratio of people who own a toy Bagpuss, to people who actually watched Bagpuss.

I never really liked thundercats. I did really like M.A.S.K but i saw it on tv recently and it was well :down: . Maybe it was just a bad episode, the ydidn't eve nsit around their tabel where all threir mask dropped on their heads. Visionaries was the best cartoon though, i have it on dvd and it is still a good watch. Dogtanian.. is still good too, i really should watch the rest of volume 4 soon.

HAcksaw Jim Duggen > THundercats

although hacksaw got crushed when i saw him fight yokozuna in aberdeen

There just seems to be too much of a novelty factor in all this 80's memorobillia . I can't wait till being into the 1920s is cool' date=' the hip kids in 'totally random' bowler hats and petticoats.

It's fair enough if you actually watched it as a kid, but I'd like to know how the ratio of people who own a toy Bagpuss, to people who actually watched Bagpuss.[/quote']

Hmmm i have 4 cuddly bagpusses, a bagpuss pencil case, t-shirt, mug, etc... I also have the complete Bagpuss on DVD and Video and have been known to give singing mice as presents. It was my favourite childhood show.

I also have a few cuddly clangers which I watched. I'm really impressed actually that o many 19 year olds seem to remember what they watched in the 80s as the maximum you could have been at the end of the 80's was what, 3 and a half.four, I have no idea what I watched when I was 3. When I was about 5/6 i watched Bagpuss, Ivor the engine, pigeon street, the flumps, finger mouse, cockleshell bay, and the cool cartoon was Godzilla (and Godzooki...), WHat I want to see on DVD cartoon wise is 'the Mysterious Cities of Gold'.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada
I did really like M.A.S.K but i saw it on tv recently and it was well :down: .

Agreed' date=' I was about as big a M.A.S.K. fan as you could get, (used to get up and watch it at 7am on Saturday AND Sunday, won 30 worth of M.A.S.K. toys in a competition at the old Boots on Union Street where Virgin is now by designing a mask), but saw it recently on Sky and it was a load of shite. One question: what's the fucking point of T-BOB? I'll reserve judgement on Thundercats, however.

WHat I want to see on DVD cartoon wise is 'the Mysterious Cities of Gold'.

http://www.raretv.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=83&osCsid=03c7dd52863b6f3e0a81d2dfbf9360de

Don't say I'm not good to you, Stuart. Apparently this is the best you can hope for as the original English language masters were destroyed in a fire.

There just seems to be too much of a novelty factor in all this 80's memorobillia . I can't wait till being into the 1920s is cool' date=' the hip kids in 'totally random' bowler hats and petticoats.

[/quote']

you know i truly can't wait for that moment either. we could go for high tea, you in a petticoat and me in a bowler hat.

Haha' date=' thats exactly what i thought when i first saw this thread. Look at this guy - what a fella! Thundercats are fun too.

[img']http://gallery.aberdeen-music.com/data/500/hacksaw_jim.JPG

thats a great avatar you've got. does anyone remember when hacksaw jim duggan became a janitor in WCW and found the TV tittle in the bin?

*waits for members of The Brutes to recall Duggan as King with a gimp mask*

you know i truly can't wait for that moment either. we could go for high tea' date=' you in a petticoat and me in a bowler hat.[/quote']

As long as my petticoat is trimmed in Queen Anne's lace.

I think a bit of 20's nostalgia is what the world needs, instead of everyone being 'retro' by watching the Goonies and playing the NES, they'll rig up the old projector and watch 'Nosferatu' and 'The Jazz Singer', before going out to the lane to roll their Hula-Hoop with a cane.

Carly's right, you're all so bloody miserable. Stop complaining about everyone being 'random' and realise that you're a complete trend whore yourself, because it's cool to act as though you're better than everyone else, isn't it?

Maybe everyone should just take a deep breath and think before you all start bitching about a cartoon series, it's kinda sad that everyone got so upset about this.