aberdeen-music

Late night transport glasgow - aberdeen?

Sundance

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any late night transport from glasgow - aberdeen?

Ill be in glasgow tomorrow & was trying to avoid staying overnight in glasgow....Megabus have introduced some later buses, but not late enough unfortunately...The latest is at 23:10, but only goes as far as dundee!? I dont really understand why that is, but anyway....

I also found a train that leaves glasgow at 23:30, but goes to & changes at "Haymarket" and then departs for aberdeen at 08:04 for aberdeen...This looks to me anyway, like glasgow - haymarket then haymarket - aberdeen, but when i searched for glasgow to aberdeen this was my only result for some obscure reason....

I may not have explained this very well, so please take a look at the journey info & see if you can make sense of it - Train Info

Rambling a bit i know, but i just thought some others may be, or have been in a similiar situation or could shed a little light on that train?

Any help, information etc very much appreciated,

Thanks

Getting home from Glasgow late at night just isn't possible I'm afraid - the train via Haymarket will be the last train to Edinburgh, then you'll have to sit about there until 6am or so to catch the train.

As far as I know, you can't board the sleeper train to Aberdeen in Glasgow/Edinburgh either - so that option is ruled out.

Your best bet is to stay in a hostel overnight, but failing that, the first train north is usually 5:30ish AM..

edit : not sure if there's any 24 hour cafes in Glasgow, but they would be your best bet..as far as I know, the 24 hour easyinternet cafe is no longer 24 hours either.

Getting home from Glasgow late at night just isn't possible I'm afraid - the train via Haymarket will be the last train to Edinburgh' date=' then you'll have to sit about there until 6am or so to catch the train.

As far as I know, you can't board the sleeper train to Aberdeen in Glasgow/Edinburgh either - so that option is ruled out.

Your best bet is to stay in a hostel overnight, but failing that, the first train north is usually 5:30ish AM..

edit : not sure if there's any 24 hour cafes in Glasgow, but they would be your best bet..as far as I know, the 24 hour easyinternet cafe is no longer 24 hours either.[/quote']

Sue them for false advertising! :D