aberdeen-music

Works in progress

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest Zeenat Aman
I had a listen' date=' but to be honest you can't really judge them as they are only little pieces. By the way why do you have a passion for the Far East?[/quote']

Musically speaking, and only relating to the artists I like from there, It's because of the sounds of the instruments, the vocals and there's a feeling of spirituality and integrity in the music that appeals to me.

Musically speaking' date=' and only relating to the artists I like from there, It's because of the sounds of the instruments, the vocals and there's a feeling of spirituality and integrity in the music that appeals to me.[/quote']

I don't meet many people with an idea of music like you do. Major respect to you sir.

• 1 month later...
Guest Zeenat Aman
I don't meet many people with an idea of music like you do. Major respect to you sir.

Heh' date=' thanks, but I just like what I like, much like anybody else, umm, like! X)

Phil, remember if you ever want any vocals let me know, very happy to work with you again. Think it's been over 10 years since we last jammed.

Prefer the second of the 2 pieces, although both are very good.

Greig

10 years, wow, that is scary!

I have no idea how i'm going to present anything of this stuff live, or if I'll even bother, but I'll keep in mind your offer of vocals. :cheers:

Wow, the second one sounds kind of like a cross between a) Rael sitting on his cold stone throne after Lilywhite Lilith left him, without really sounding like the Waiting Room and b) standing just on the verge of bursting into something, and I can't figure out what it is but 21st Century Schizoid Man might be close.

Which is.. a good thing? :)

Guest Zeenat Aman
Wow' date=' the second one sounds kind of like a cross between a) Rael sitting on his cold stone throne after Lilywhite Lilith left him, without really sounding like the Waiting Room and b) standing just on the verge of bursting into something, and I can't figure out what it is but 21st Century Schizoid Man might be close.

Which is.. a good thing? :)[/quote']

the second one sounds like it could be on the king crimson album "islands". i like it.

Thanks for listening...

So you reckon it's good for an intro to something musically intense?

Thanks for listening...

So you reckon it's good for an intro to something musically intense?

Yeah I think that'd be cool.. although it could just as easily be a good intro for something more chilled out as well. Be interesting to see where you decide to go with it anyway, good luck! :gringo:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm extremely impressed by these, especially the ambient wash that opens the first sample ("b") and wavers from side to side, before giving way to a much busier, more energetic arrangement. Also, I was especially impressed by the simple but effective drum programming that underpins the track. I'd really like to see more experimentation along the ambient, almost drone, line explored at the opening of this trackunless I'm mistaken, isn't Eastern music very interested in the power of drones and repetitions?

Track two is also good, in a more conventionally jazzy way. When can we expect to hear more?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zeenat Aman
I'm extremely impressed by these' date=' especially the ambient wash that opens the first sample ("b") and wavers from side to side, before giving way to a much busier, more energetic arrangement. Also, I was especially impressed by the simple but effective drum programming that underpins the track. I'd really like to see more experimentation along the ambient, almost drone, line explored at the opening of this trackunless I'm mistaken, isn't Eastern music very interested in the power of drones and repetitions?[/quote']

Thanks for listening...

I do have an idea to make the intro more Terry Riley-esque, but don't want to make it too long. The first track now has a new section and words.

Track two is also good' date=' in a more conventionally jazzy way. When can we expect to hear more?[/quote']

Lots of works in progress, no finished tracks.