aberdeen-music

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Guest Logan

Guest Logan

I just finished the game for the X-Box (only started playing it from 6pm) and now I pretty much know everything that happens. Well, most of it (it has over 12 minutes of actual movie footage implemented into it) and I must say, it is absolutely amazing! General Grievous is one bad ass dude, but I think he has cancer. He coughs a lot. I really didn't want to spoil this movie for myself, but I didn't get midnight tickets for it's opening, so I didn't want to feel left out.

Anyone else anticipating this movie as much as I am? Despite knowing most of it, there's a lot of key elements missing, and nothing is as good as seeing the real people act it out.

For the record, the game is fucking cool. The fluidity in which you use your lightsaber just makes your jaw drop and you sometimes forget you're not watching, you're taking part. It's pretty easy to complete, but it does have some replay value. Like getting secrets in levels and also getting all the experience you can to update and customise your character. There are also special Bonus missions to complete which lets you play as different characters. There's also a pretty neat Multi-Player Versus mode too. Although pants to start with as you only have Obi-Wan and Anakin, it's far better to play through the game first to unlock people like Dooku and Grevious! Another Multi-Player bonus is the cooperative mode. Not as great as it sounds tho. It's basically just you and a friend hacking and slashing your way through hordes of bad guys. And there's only a handful of these! You can unlock some pretty cool artwork, both from the game and the film (although most of the rejected film ideas wind up in this game which is pretty cool!).

Anyhoo, who's got their ticket? :D

yeah, but i got mine for the thursday at 8pm, because the midnight screening was sold out and i couldnt go earlier due to work. I know whats going to happen lol, wiliam made sure of that by making me read the graphic novel for the film. Suddenly all the films make sense when you read the comics! lol i hate to admit it but im all excited now...and not just because hayden christiansen is cute teehee :D

It's either that of Lego Star Wars which looks total awesome' date=' played demo on PC and its surprisingly fun but i bit too simple i think.[/quote']

Ive played it for ps2 and its pretty cool, but im thick and think it's difficult in areas. It's also annoying when your playing 2 player and one of you goes in the opposite direction;you cant see what the heck your fighting!

Guest Logan

Lego Star Wars is the SHIT!!! ^_^

It's seriously so much fun! It's quite a good game for youngsters too. Me and my 4 year old nephew just finished the game yesterday. He totally loves it! Altough I appreciate it more being a fan of Lego and Star Wars since the age of like, 4! Me and my girl managed to unlock everything, including the bonus level which is pretty cool! ;)

Guest Logan
I got the game on PS2 today and have barely put it down since' date=' its fecking ace.[/quote']

aye, it is awesome! I've found myself just watching the movie clips over and over! I'm so going to be one of those annoying people quoting the movie when I go see it! :p

Guest DustyDeviada

Got my tickets for the 9pm showing, that'll do me. Not quite sad enough to turn up at midnight with all the guys dressed up and stuff, but sad enough to go on the first day.

As for Lego Star Wars, I'm not doubting that it's a good game but it seems kind of funny to me - why not just make the game with ordinary people instead of Lego people?!

Guest DustyDeviada
sorry Dusty but if you have to ask you just don't get it matey!!

Yep, must be my age.

I'm going to dig out my ZX Spectrum and play the "vector graphix" version of Star Wars.

Guest tv tanned
Got my tickets for the 9pm showing' date=' that'll do me. Not quite sad enough to turn up at midnight with all the guys dressed up and stuff, but sad enough to go on the first day.

As for Lego Star Wars, I'm not doubting that it's a good game but it seems kind of funny to me - why not just make the game with ordinary people instead of Lego people?![/quote']

I'm going at 8pm, does that make me sadder than you?

Guest Logan
How come folks can complete a computer game in 8 and a half hours? Firstly I never have the time' date=' secondly I never have the patience and thirdly and most importantly, I never have the skill. :down:[/quote']

well, y'see, I don't have a life! ^_^

Guest Logan
www.myvue.com

00:35 and 00:40

i think they just added them recently

it also says...

We realise that some of you may already have booked tickets to other performances and will wish to change your booking. If so' date=' don't worry - you can swap your tickets for these performances by visiting the cinema box office in person. Please remember to bring your existing tickets & the credit/debit card you booked with. [/quote']

Guest tv tanned
we were told that there was no midnight showing because george lucas had forbidden it. we got for the 8pm showing instead. is anywhere actually having a midnight showing cos if they are i'm going to go yell at the staff at vue.

I'm going to sit behind you and drop bits of popcorn into your hair while slurping my coke loudly at crucial junctures in the film*

* - may be lies

that's the thing, i'd seen the midnight showings online but when i went into vue the woman insisted there were no midnight showings at all because george lucas had banned them to stop the film leaking out on the internet or something. what a bitch! i'd have been able to get those viewing times too, if she hadn't blatently lied to me, cos i booked fucking ages ago!